Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • So my brother has just released a new Jeb Corliss wingsuit movie…
  • 5AM
    Free Member

Long story short my brother is a lecturer in 3D animation and has managed to come up with some new ways of filming and editing GoPro footage. After contacting Jeb this is how he has spent his holiday this year.

Enjoy, and please share as if we can get it to go viral this could change my brothers life.

Hopefully link will work ok as posting this from a mobile while abroad.

geoffj

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ige-atxPKI[/video]

dryroasted
    Free Member

That was great, some nice trails

tuffty
    Free Member

Brilliant!

zippykona

Can these people rise up to miss an obstacle or are they always in a state of falling?

willard

I know I would kill myself but, by the gods, I WANT A WING SUIT!!!

5AM, slap your brother on the back, that was good!

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

wow!

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Nice video, your brother did a good job but what was new about the the filming or editing methods?

justinbieber

That’s pretty damn awesome! What is it that your brother has figured out and makes this different to other GoPro videos?

limkilde
    Free Member

If I´m not mistaken, they can´t rise, for each 1m they fall they glide 2m forward, Or something close to it.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Cheers.
    I shall be watching that on t’smart telly later.

geoffj

That’s pretty damn awesome! What is it that your brother has figured out and makes this different to other GoPro videos?

+1

Mister-P
    Free Member

Spotted this on a VW forum earlier. Very cool.

5AM
    Free Member

Not exactly sure what it is that’s new, I think there may be some 3D effects that YouTube can’t handle. I know Redbull and a few others are interested which is why they’d like it to be a success.

Mr P I’m sure you’re right about VW forum as he’s always on there 🙂

fbk
    Free Member

Wow, just wow! Seen a few of these but that has to be one of the most spectacular. Great filming.

jamj1974

5AM. Best wingsuit film I’ve seen!

buck53

what was new about the the filming or editing methods?

I’m far from an expert, but it’s something to do with the subject moving within the frame or viewpoint shifting around the subject as at around 2:00 mark.

EDIT: I think.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

As expected, that was bloody ace on the big telly!
    Footage (animation?) made it look almost superimposed though…

user-removed
    Free Member

Absolute mentalist. Brilliant! I’ll share it on Facebook.

tuffty
    Free Member

Hell of a skill being able to judge whether you can make it over the next ridge or trees!

benji
    Free Member

That must be the most amazing sensation, very impressive, certainly made a great little watch.

Euro
    Free Member

Fantastic effort all round. **** nutters.

bigjim

yeah there is some fancy depth of field stuff going on eg at 1:30 ish, kind of like its morphing between two different cameras?

iolo
    Free Member

That’s amazing. Wingsuits must be great fun. I’m scared of heights so will never know.
    I winced a few times when he got close to some things.
    I’m sure that guy has lots of experience of judging how close he can go.

FROGLEEK
    Free Member

Beautiful pure adrenalin

boxelder

Shared via farcebook with my 13 friends, so virality, here he goes.

Very good.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Great video but a couple of bits that disturbed the flow. Maybe technically impressive but didn’t add anything. We need an unmodified version to compare really.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Great vid, but some of it did look like it was a HD Vid with an animated black thing stuck in after, so it ended up looking artificial at times.

Best film of its type that i have seen though,and the first that really wants to make me go and do it.

darrimc30
    Free Member

Definitely worth watching on your TV, you’ve got to admire those boys.

crapjumper
    Free Member

Great work fella , but must have bollocks the size of watermelons !!

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Was your brother actually flying ? Or editing in studio ?

If that was him flying how did he discover his hidden talent ?

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

I liked the 3d effect after the reverse and pause. I’d be interested to know how he broke the frames down but it would melt my brain I just know it.

scaredypants

I enjoyed that – haven’t seen the many so can’t compare to others

(Didn’t like the reverse bit, FWIW – it was definitely around that point that something “odd” happened with the background though)

IanMunro
    Free Member

It’s first thing in the morning, so I’m probably being a bit thick, but it looks pretty much the same as Jebs Grinding the Crack video.
    Do I need a fancy computer or telly to see something different.

wallop

Can he do it with this?

epicyclo

Brilliant.

And if you have a fear of heights, it may be a consolation to know you’ll soon be back on the ground. 🙂

mogrim

Nice vid – would love to have a go at that!

_tom_
    Free Member

Just posting in here so I dont forget about this to watch after work!

slowjo
    Free Member

Two things I have always wondered about here.

1. Don’t their arms get tired? You can hardly stop for a bit to have a rest can you?

2. Is there a way of doing without the parachute? You know, changing the angle of attack so you gradually stall and come to a dignified halt. That would be really cool….the penalty for error might be a bit uncompromising though. You’d need to b very brave to be the first one to test it though! 😯

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Someone has done it and landed safely without a parachute – but it was into a mahoosive pile of cardboard boxes – so not very practical yet.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘So my brother has just released a new Jeb Corliss wingsuit movie…’ is closed to new replies.