Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • So much for 3 **** 1!!! England spoiler content!
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

That’s what all the papers were saying. Me, well I knew we’d **** it up! Fortress wembley my arse!!!!

nonk
    Free Member

oh so it did carry on as i thought it would.
    sacked it off after half time.

wrightyson
    Free Member

I’d like my 45 mins back like you had. Sensible man!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Yeah, but in all honesty, England aren’t really a great side, are they? Only Gerrard played anywhere near what could be considered worthy of ‘top class international footballer’. The rest were quite poor, especially Gareth Barry.

Hairychested
    Free Member

I forgot about the game. Doesn’t sound like there was one TBH.

nonk
    Free Member

England aren’t really a great side, are they?

no.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Of course Montenegro will have been up for it as it’s such a big game to be playing England 😆

Barry…pile of shite.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Stevie was good, thought young played well too. How many times did hart throw it out to cole tho? Just so easy to read for the montys. Usual England tho, unable to break any opposition down in the final 3rd!!

crikey
    Free Member

England football team in failing to live up to hype shock.

MrSparkle

Should have started with Davies.

binners

just watched the last 15 minutes as I’m a Man Yoo fan so only wtch quality football 🙂

I was quite surprised by the tactics. The ‘hoof the long ball up front and hope for the best’ again. What a revalation! And so hard for an opposing team to defend against.

Its like Colonal Melchet describing to Blackadder the tactics for attacking the German trenches again…..

“They’ll never suspect we’d be so stupid as to try that again”

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Kevin Davies 33? There’s a reason he only plays for Bolton……..

Hohum
    Free Member

wrightyson – Member
    That’s what all the papers were saying. Me, well I knew we’d **** it up! Fortress wembley my arse!!!!

Didn’t you learn anything from the last world cup?

I am hoping that one day before I die they will do great things again.

I am 39 now and plan on being in my wee box by the age of 80, so 41 more years to go 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I want to stab a pig

trailmonkey

awful

Hohum
    Free Member

Elfinsafety – Member
    I want to stab a pig

Why?

trailmonkey

god knows. he thinks gerrard had a good game so who knows which way his mind is going.

Zoolander
    Free Member

Like watching insanely overpriced paint dry.

MrSparkle

Ho hum – Member

Elfinsafety – Member
    I want to stab a pig

Why?

Ooh, I think we all know the answer to that one, and he is – a complete one.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Why?

I’m watching CSI: New York and the doc was stabbing a pig carcass with different things to ascertain which object was used to kill a person and I thought ‘I’d like to have a go at that’.

Ooh, I think we all know the answer to that one, and he is – a complete one.

Please, do enlighten me…

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

he thinks gerrard had a good game

Erm, he was England’s best player…

john_drummer
    Free Member

IMO England have been poor since, well, Sven. And even then they weren’t that great

but this Italian “4-4-2 we’ll defend & hit you on the break” may have worked with Milan, while Juve were playing the same style, but it doesn’t suit the English players.
    Remember Euro 96, England’s 4-1 demolition of the Netherlands? That was the last time I enjoyed watching England play

Hohum
    Free Member

Elfinsafety – Member
    Why?
    I’m watching CSI: New York and the doc was stabbing a pig carcass with different things to ascertain which object was used to kill a person and I thought ‘I’d like to have a go at that’.

Thanks for that.

Could you do me a favour and let me know what your email address is please? Mine is in my profile.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

No, because previously I’ve had some really nasty, hateful emails. That’s why I don’t have an email addy in my profile.

YGM

trailmonkey

Were they from Bolton fans ?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

No, from cowards.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Remember Euro 96, England’s 4-1 demolition of the Netherlands? That was the last time I enjoyed watching England play

But what about the 5-1 destruction of Germany, in Munich? That was good fun.

Hohum
    Free Member

Elfinsafety – Member

Both of them were and I seem to remember an excellent display against Turkey (I think) back in the early 2000s when England were firing on all cylinders and they were a joy to watch 🙂

Just a shame they can not do it all the time.

grumm
    Free Member

Didn’t even realise this was going on – have pretty much given up on football these days.

Yeah, but in all honesty, England aren’t really a great side, are they?

They should still be able to beat a side from a country with less than 1% of our population surely?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Why? Other than Gerrard, which of the rest of them are the best players for their clubs?

Most of them are outclassed and overshadowed by other members of their respective clubs. Quite why anyone would think that England are a top international team, I have no idea.

grumm
    Free Member

I never said they were a top international team, but they should still be able to beat a tiny, tiny country.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Maybe they just had an off-night….

edhornby

I think that we’re not bad enough, we need to be consistently failing to qualify for events before things start to change fundamentally

problem is that the FA don’t know how to unwind the premiership and big club hegemony

john_drummer
    Free Member

I missed that. I was in a hill fort in Catalunya with no TV. The local bar had TV on but it was Spain underachieving to a unanimous local reaction of “mleh”

CountZero

Was it something important?

zokes
    Free Member

Elfinsafety – Member

Kevin Davies 33? There’s a reason he only plays for Bolton……..

Mainly because you soft southerners (especially arsehole winger’s lot) are scared stiff of him!

whippersnapper
    Free Member

winger’s lot

come on now, they are only small and they need protecting 😉

The only positive I got from last night’s game is that Adam Johnson looks quite promising – having said that a lot of young England players have looked quite promising but have never lived up to potential.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘So much for 3 **** 1!!! England spoiler content!’ is closed to new replies.