Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • So, Mourihno to United then..
  • slimjim78
    Free Member

Deal is done according to BBC.

Bye bye to Rashford/Lingaard and anyone else in that case.

Poor form to send LVG packing moments after picking up the FACUP?

Pep v Guardiola next season should be fun.

Jose should be able to attract a few superstars should he want to.

Bregante

Ah but technically the o.p is looking at 2016-2017 season now is he not?? 🙂

martinhutch

Not very classy to be briefing the press behind the scenes on a new boss as the current one is putting a trophy in the cabinet.

Caher

What could go wrong – post Christmas implosion maybe?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It is poor form. Can’t understand, even with the dearth of class shown by football club owners these days, why this announcement* couldn’t have waited a few weeks. They’ve just won the FA cup. I realise that Ferguson showed the competition a lack of respect over the years but jeez…

slimjim78
    Free Member

Fergie loved winning the FACUP, he showed the same respect towards it as the other big hitters.

I’m fairly gobsmacked at the timing of the announcement, can only assume LVG was fully briefed well prior to today and knew he was walking out with held held (kind of) high.

Ive spent a while thinking about this appointment. Have concluded that I’m not personally a fan, don’t think he will last more than 2 seasons, and will dissmiss the young players – however – United HAD to sign him. It was their only possible ‘power play’ left in the managerial circus. There is no one left to bring on board that has the media or transfer window clout – and he happens to be currently out of work.
    They would have known full well that he would be tied into a huge contract elsewhere by the start of next season, and they would’ve been left with another ‘meh’ season under LVG and then be in the market for a super manager.. With none readily available

RicB

The timing is pretty cruel. Rumours suggest LVG was told midweek, and the club were keen to bring in Jose asap to have a full summer to plan how he’ll spaff £££ and marginalise the younger players.

I agree with the above that the club probably had to make a statement; the standard of play this season has been atrocious, undoubtedly the worst I’ve seen in the 25 years I’ve been following the club. My Dad also commented he’s seen the worst performance (can’t remember which – much competition!) ever in the 60 years he’s been watching them.

I was hopeful the rumours last week were true; that LVG was going to become Director of Football, and Giggs would become coach. Alas not.

Also heard a few potential signings would/had refused to come to Man U because of LVG, and some existing players, notably De Gea were saying if LVG stayed they were off.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

They could have waited until the celebrations and tour bus etc are over.

As Utd fan, it’s very unprofessional for a big company to deal with LVG like that. Glad he won the cup though.

Yes a change or more time was needed.

boxelder

Pep v Guardiola

That would be interesting

thegreatape
    Free Member

Like Jekyll and Hyde?

slimjim78
    Free Member

Sounds like Giggs is Jose’s first casualty.

Doesnt say much for keeping the United ‘traditions’ alive, but then, he seemed a virtually silent partner during LVG’s reign. Will be interesting to see what his next step will be.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘So, Mourihno to United then..’ is closed to new replies.