Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • So, Mountain Mayhem Entries open this weekend
  • mrsflash
    Free Member

What do I want to do, mixed team, or solo again?

Can’t decide.

terrahawk
    Free Member

dunno. I’m planning to do it solo again, hopefully improve on last year’s “not too bad” result.

juan
    Free Member

I am wondering too should I made the trip? Should I ride there… In team solo? SS

Oh dear can someone tell me why I moved back 🙁

mrsflash
    Free Member

hopefully improve on last year’s “not too bad” result.

that was my thinking too. Was quite pleased with my result, but have a nagging feeling I should have done at least one more lap 😉 still, I think you probably always have that feeling.

terrahawk
    Free Member

get your solo entry sent off then!

mrsflash
    Free Member

Must admit I am leaning that way.

dot
    Free Member

I’m entering a 4xteam, I’ve never done a 24 solo (plenty of team efforts though) but I’m considering it for SITS (see how Enduro6 goes first).

I may even do extra laps to see how I fare at MM and give other less keen team members more time to drink beer

molgrips
    Free Member

Not sure I can be bothered this year. So you’ll be assured of good weather!

Anyone need a rider? Reasonably fast and a bit focused?

IHN

I think you should solo, as you deserve to suffer as it’s your fault that I’m doing it this year. If you hadn’t solo’d last year I wouldn’t have popped over to support, wouldn’t have thought ‘hey, there’s quite a good atmosphere’, wouldn’t have thought ‘I might actually do it next year’, wouldn’t have got a spot on an AMTB team, and, crucially wouldn’t be spending TWENTY FUNKING FOUR-PLUS HOURS WITH SHELDON.

Cow.

rOcKeTdOg

can’t be arsed (like every year)

psling
    Free Member

Mostly love the show, love the stalls, hate the ride (during the laps), love the ride (after the event), love the chill.

I know a lot of people moan about riding round a field in the wet but I think they’re mostly missing the point of the event as a whole 😉

Taz

If you not done it before what are teh chances of getting in? Would ‘love’ to do it solo

richpips
    Free Member

Not bothering this year.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Not bothering this year. Can’t be arsed with the mud

crazy-legs

Not bothering this year.

Good, that’s one less person I need to worry about beating! Not that I’m bitter about last year, oh no…

ton

bet my team is the heaviest….. 8)

sheldona
    Free Member

**** Off Si you’ll be too minced out to even notice I’m there having a cheese a wine party 🙂

neil853
    Free Member

i can’t wait, its 4-5 years since i last did it and i’m looking forward to goingdown with the lads and having a laugh. fingers crossed the weather holds though!

Oggles
    Free Member

Entering in a team of four, with two other teams and 3 soloists. I’ll probably be riding my old bike in singlespeed form though, and only take the nice bike out for a lap if it is bone dry!

mrsflash
    Free Member

Not bothering this year.

I was thinking of not tbh, but I know fine well if I don’t enter we’ll have a lovely summer!

mrsflash
    Free Member

I think you should solo, as you deserve to suffer as it’s your fault that I’m doing it this year. If you hadn’t solo’d last year I wouldn’t have popped over to support, wouldn’t have thought ‘hey, there’s quite a good atmosphere’, wouldn’t have thought ‘I might actually do it next year’, wouldn’t have got a spot on an AMTB team, and, crucially wouldn’t be spending TWENTY FUNKING FOUR-PLUS HOURS WITH SHELDON.

Cow.

if I solo again at least you can take the p out of me from the amtb camp this year.

gingerflash

IHN – I feel your pain. 🙂

MrsF – given that we don’t know three other people who want to race in a team, I think we’d both better enter solo.

Rich – I can’t be bothered with the mud either, but if I keep entering them all, maybe one day I’ll get to ride a dry one.

richpips
    Free Member

Rich – I can’t be bothered with the mud either, but if I keep entering them all, maybe one day I’ll get to ride a dry one.

That’s what I thought last year, and the year before……

grumm
    Free Member

Are you allowed cyclocross bikes? 😛

gingerflash

Ah, but the only major race I’ve missed was SITS 07, which I’d entered but couldn’t race because of injury. I still went along to support and of course the weather was hot and sunny, the course was perfect, dry and fast…

AndyNot@CRC
    Free Member

I’ve done one with Sheldon before, he was fine, a bit miffed when he crashed and did his carbon bars in though!

Remember that, back in the day, long time ago now, with Cooper and Matt?

sheldona
    Free Member

GF the only reason you want your better half to enter solo is so you can try to beat her*, as you still have something to prove 🙂

*Unlike last year of course 🙂

AndyNot@CRC
    Free Member

Got sunburnt the last one I did 😉

Shows how long ago that was!

IHN

MrsF – given that we don’t know three other people who want to race in a team, I think we’d both better enter solo.

Why don’t you enter as a four with two imaginary friends? Or are you that unpopular that even your imaginary friends are avoiding you?

sheldona
    Free Member

Andy, I remember it well! And the that Merida we did somewhere! 7 hours of mud, good ol days 🙂

IHN

Unlike last year of course

Ooh, I’d forgotten about that.

Ginger’beaten by a girl, and a slip of a one at that’flash.

For shame…

AndyNot@CRC
    Free Member

Ah yes, seem to recall that on the way the car was about to run dry of go juice and them there Welsh petrol stations ain’t open early!!

Yes there was rather a lot of mud that ride, a lot of mud!

sheldona
    Free Member

Andy, We’ll reminisce some more over a cold beer on the beach after the Roc later this year, IF I persuade Mandi.. its not going well at the moment though!

IHN

Jesus you two, get a room…

AndyNot@CRC
    Free Member

You simply have to go, tell her i based my whole decision to do it on the fact i’d be seeing you! 😆

AndyNot@CRC
    Free Member

IHN 😯

molgrips
    Free Member

The only big race I didn’t enter last year was 24/12, and we all know how that turned out weather-wise. So my absence really is the key to hot dry trails.

mrsflash
    Free Member

Why don’t you enter as a four with two imaginary friends? Or are you that unpopular that even your imaginary friends are avoiding you?

mixed teams have to be a 5.

thanks for reminding him I beat him last year though. shall we take bets on this years result??

postierich
    Free Member

Not entering this year weekend away hopefully 7 stanes way,group of 12 that normally do it every year have had enough.

gingerflash

“Ginger’beaten by a girl”

I’m not ashamed of that – she beat more than 2/3 of the men’s field too!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘So, Mountain Mayhem Entries open this weekend’ is closed to new replies.