Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • So many potholes, so many bunny hops!
  • mountainchub
    Free Member

Riding back roads around the Campsies north of Glasgow and lost count of the number of bunny hops done to save ploughing into some pretty cavernous holes! Not sure how much the road bike will take of this lol

Stupid question but do other folks hop about on their road bikes? I got a weird look from some cyclists going the other way at one point hence made me wonder if this is unusual behaviour for someone on a road bike…

mountainchub
    Free Member

Of course the weird look coul have been at my peaked helmet and Camelbak mule

Rorschach
    Free Member

I nose manual across speed bumps…..No, really I do 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z1fSpZNXhU[/video]

STATO
    Free Member

Dont really hop it unless its a monster, just go for the light touch and hover an inch off the saddle. Saves having to get right off the saddle and hop, means you can keep pedalling and stay in a group.

mountainchub
    Free Member

That vid is wild! Properly impressed and depressed at the same time – I can hardly do that on my MTB let alone my roadbike!!!

Nose manuals over speed bumps awesome!

stoat

I think the general convention is to wave your left arm around pointing the pot hole.. I hop too 🙂

jonba
    Free Member

I generally ride round them. Hop is a last resort as it doesn’t give the guy behind you much chance.

mountainchub
    Free Member

Ah ha not so much a problem as was on own today but hoping to get some road riding buddies soon lol

iridebikes
    Free Member

i got told off when i went out with the local road club, as i was in the habit of pointing tohe potholes out, then just hopping over them anyway. They also didnt approve of my peaked helmet, baggy shorts or mtb shoes and pedals 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘So many potholes, so many bunny hops!’ is closed to new replies.