Viewing 12 posts - 201 through 212 (of 212 total)
  • So Jesus said to his disciples as he was nailed to the cross..
  • TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I would be fairly content there was a Jewish prophet upon which the tales of the bible are based.

However I am absolutely certain of the existence of Socrates and Plato. There are real historical figures with well documented lives. Jesus on the other hand has little contemprary documented existence.

One thing for sure – he was not a tall nordic blond. Nor was he born in midwinter. Just another in a long line of religious maniacs. These days they get medication.

Geronimo
    Free Member

You shouldn't need evidence to support a faith-based religion.

The nature of a faith-based religion is that there isn't any evidence, otherwise there would be no need for the 'Faith'. Of course, the more faith one has (and the less they question their faith) the more virtuous the follower is.

In reality, I suspect that most followers will be looking hard for evidence in order to justify their faith, and some do claim to 'see' it.

-If there was convincing evidence found to justify any religion there would be blanket coverage in the news media and it would be around the internet in minutes. 'Miracles' would be very popular, it is just a pity that so few take place nowadays compared with days of the Bible.

How many people would accept the finding of a court against them without any evidence?

Would countries ever go to war on the basis of praying about it?

One thing for sure – he was not a tall nordic blond

God is an Englishman though, so he might have been 😉

higgo
    Free Member

God is an Englishman though…

Wrong.

duckman

I really shouldn't do this,but you are both wrong. I cite the Cairngorms as proof.

higgo
    Free Member

I really shouldn't do this,but you are both wrong. I cite the Cairngorms as proof.

Well, he does move in a mysterious way and I've seen some very odd highland dancing so maybe you're onto something.

duckman

Well, he does move in a mysterious way and I've seen some very odd highland dancing so maybe you're onto something.

Two words……. Morris dancing

tazzymtb

Two words……. Morris dancing

it's still better then skirt wearing men with big girlie purses 😉

tazzymtb

MoreCashThanDash

I'm with Al Murray on this – BACON is conclusive proof that their is a God!

chewkw
    Free Member

Damn … I can see your house from this hill …

😕

duckman

it's still better then skirt wearing men with big girlie purses

I will see your skirt wearing purses and raise you… 😉

If you are going to San Francisco…

tazzymtb

looks like a gathering of single speeders to me, beards, silly clothes and a little fat one in the middle 😉

Viewing 12 posts - 201 through 212 (of 212 total)

The topic ‘So Jesus said to his disciples as he was nailed to the cross..’ is closed to new replies.