Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 212 total)
  • So Jesus said to his disciples as he was nailed to the cross..
  • boxfish
    Free Member

[another nerdy & pointless tag to set context]

Another theist/atheist thread.
    Yawn.
    Believe what you want to believe.
    Just stop preaching.
    Please.

[/another nerdy & pointless tag to set context]

It's not pointless.
    I'm winding up xtians. 🙂

ratherbeintobago

Good HMHB references:

If Jesus came to Earth today
    They’d crucify him straight away
    Upon a cross of MDF
    And they’d use No Need For Nails

(From 'Upon Westminster Bridge' on 'Achtung Bono')

Andy

flap_jack
    Free Member

any more jokes coming ? otherwise, can someone put this thread out of its misery…

bassspine
    Free Member

molgrips
    Free Member

Not all religious people are ignorant and narrow minded. Maybe they have an interpretation of faith that hasn't occurred to some of you atheists?

I've got some news for you folk, listen carefully.

1) Some people are ignorant and narrow minded
    2) Some people are intelligent
    3) Some people are atheists
    4) Some people are religious.

Of these, only 3) and 4) are mutually exclusive.

Or, to put it another way, there's no link between religion and stupidity. Stupid people will be stupid regardless of whether nor not they are religious.

You are confusing stupid religious people with religious people. People who bang on about creationism or christian science etc etc are being somewhat dim imo, not all religious people are like that.

Life is much better with an open mind.

Talkemada
    Free Member

It's not pointless.
    I'm winding up xtians

Were you bullied at school?

Bassspine, that reminds me of a Salvador Dali painting:

westkipper
    Free Member

Talkemada, there's good evidence that thats NOT a Salvador Dali painting, though he did the background.

Talkemada
    Free Member

Really? I hadn't heard that. Be interested to find out more, actually.

I've got a book on him with that on the bloody cover! 😯

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

"Life is much better with an open mind. "

The mind of a child, or a scientist.

Dawkins reminds me of Paul before his conversion on the way to Damascus. But will he see the light?

BTW. The only problem with an open mind is that your brain can fall out.

sweepy
    Free Member

Actually Judas spent the money on beer at the offy- it was Judas's carry out

Talkemada
    Free Member

😆

I shouldn't, but I had to LOL!

I'm probably going to Hell now. Thank you sweepy. 🙁

westkipper
    Free Member

Talkemada, when I first saw that painting in The Weege, my first thought was 'the figure on the cross was a completely different style to the background, much less clumsily handled than the rest of Dali's usual figurework…'
    I felt pretty smug when there were News stories out last year claiming that it was indeed painted by one of his assistants (though the idea itself was Dali's)

Talkemada
    Free Member

Yes, I see what you mean, and have always thought it an 'unusual' Dali painting (IE it's not as mental as most of his other stuff). I suppose it's a bit like quite a number of works by the Great Masters; many of them used assistants to do the boring bits. Strange that the main focal point of the painting would be done by an assistant though.

There doesn't seem to be definitive confirmation that this is the case, however, so maybe I can continue to 'believe' it is Dali's work after all…

The man was, indisputably, a genius, however.

konabunny
    Free Member

Really? I admit to being an art cretin but with the exception of the Chupa Chups wrapper, his stuff all seems to be a bit samey. Ooh, look at me, it's a butterfly with an ashtray for an arse…

Can you explain to me the "religious motivation " of WWI and WWII?

Yeah – also the religious motivations of the Falklands, Vietnam, Korean Wars; Soviet occupation of Afghanistan…

higgo
    Free Member

Dali: Good but not great.

Religious motivation for war: Red herring – in my view, even the obvious religious wars were motivated by greed with religion used to justify it to the masses.

Historical evidence for the resurrection: Rot. There is none, certainly nothing credible. But then again, they can't really claim to have a religion based on faith and have evidence.

phoenixfromtheflame
    Free Member

Those paintings up there are a bunch of arse.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Those paintings up there are a bunch of arse.

😕 A "bunch of arse" ?

Tsk tsk …………how do these Tesco Shoppers manage to get on this forum ? 😐

Here's a "bunch of arse" for you mate :

phoenixfromtheflame
    Free Member

You can keep your Tesco you cheeky mofo. Aldi all the way.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Talkemada – Member
    Live and let live, eh folks?

I would live & let live if these relgious buggers would STFU and stop trying to preach and shoving their beliefs in my face, don't knock on my door! FFS.

I feel better now! 😆

MrKmkII
    Free Member

if red wine is the blood of jesus, what is white wine?

phoenixfromtheflame
    Free Member

More importantly, what is cheese sauce?

MrKmkII
    Free Member

and if bread is the flesh of jesus, what is a sausage sandwich?

wrightyson
    Free Member

Ffs, someone go and own Judas with bombers!!??

john_drummer
    Free Member

all this nonsense over a silly joke.

get a sense of humour folks

here's another one.

Kevin Keegan, Kenny Dalglish & Jesus sat by the Sea of Galilee.
    Jesus walks out onto the surface of the lake and then back again. "Follow that" he says to Dalglish. "Nae bother" says Dalglish, and walks out onto the lake surface, does a bit of keepy uppy, then comes back.
    "Your turn Kev" says Dalglish. Keegan walks out but the water just gets higher & higher up his legs, then his torso, but still he keeps going "I'll show them I'm no quitter" he splutters, as the water goes over his head

"Do you think we should tell him about the stepping stones?" Jesus asks Dalglish.
    "What stepping stones" says Dalglish

I know, it's as old as the hills but then it is a joke

westkipper
    Free Member

Thats no' bad 😀

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

It's not the jokes that are offensive, it's the comments such as 'religion is a form of mental illness' that are. What's with the current rash of anti religion posts on here? It seems as though there are at least a couple posted every day, and even the ones that start out light hearted (such as this one, oddly enough) are quickly hi-jacked and used as a forum in which to openly insult people who have some form of 'faith'. As someone posted earlier, not all religious 'types' are stupid, as not all athiests are intelligent. Neither are niceness and twattishness dependant on religious beliefs or the lack of same. Give it a rest, because its becoming tedious and repetitive.

Talkemada
    Free Member

Ooh, bottoms….

Sorry, what was the question?

phoenixfromtheflame
    Free Member

Right, nobody touched his easter eggs. Party's over.

duckman

Tic…toc…Still waiting for Phoenix to explain the religious grounding behind ww1 and 2…I had always thought WW1 was down to the domino effect of the alliance system(finally.)Still,why not make wild claims about Christianity's all prevading influence on the world,if it makes you feel better.
    One point about these frequent threads is that we(the Christians) come across as being reasonable and the Atheists as hard-line evengelicals who resort to insults and abuse.It would seem that should you object to the suggestion you are mentally ill, you need to get a sense of humour.Nice one!
    Anyway I am off to my mental illness help group with the rest of my war-mongering friends.Happy Easter and God Bless all. 🙂

Oh,and could somebody tell me where the other faces are in the Dali crucifiction,there are supposed to be three?

It's not the jokes that are offensive, it's the comments such as 'religion is a form of mental illness' that are.

Believing you are fat when the evidence shows you are thin = anorexia
    Believing you will come to some harm by going out in to an open space with no evidence to support that belief = agoraphobia
    Believing you will come to some harm by going in to a crowded place with no evidence to support that belief = claustrophobia
    Believing you have got an invisible friend who does magic tricks with no evidence to support that belief = religion.

Talkemada
    Free Member

Anyway I am off to my mental illness help group with the rest of my war-mongering friends.Happy Easter and God Bless all.

Happy Easter Duckman! 😀

phoenixfromtheflame
    Free Member

Duckman, I'm a wee bit hungry. Can I have that chip from your shoulder?

Talkemada
    Free Member

He's asked you a question which you don't appear to have answered…

phoenixfromtheflame
    Free Member

I haven't answered that question because it is not a valid question to ask in reference to my original comment. Where did I mention WW1?

theotherjonv

According to my 6yo daughter, who saw a DVD of it at school, Jesus got hammered and then died. I think it was an Easter DVD as opposed to a health bulletin on the dangers of binge drinking.

In fairness, the "story" seems to have been well taught at her CofE school, it's now up to us as parents to answer questions fairly until she's old enough to make her own mind up.

Talkemada
    Free Member

Jesus got hammered and then died. I think it was an Easter DVD as opposed to a health bulletin on the dangers of binge drinking.

😆

I'd be lying if I said I didn't LOL…

Thanks. I now have to clean sprayed beer out of my keyboard…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

phoenix from the flame – Member

I haven't answered that question because it is not a valid question to ask in reference to my original comment. Where did I mention WW1?

Leave out WW1 then.

You mentioned WW2. Explain the religious grounding behind WW2.

Of course if you can't answer the question, you could retract the comment, admit you were talking bollox, and give a reassurance that you won't repeat it.

phoenixfromtheflame
    Free Member

How about you tell me why you think there was no religious motivation to world war 2. Two or three things seem pretty bloody obvious to me. But you go ahead and fill your boots.

westkipper
    Free Member

Sorry phoenix, I think you'll find few people that will suggest WW2 was about anything other than a fight between different countries, dictatorships and democracies, over land and resources.
    Same as every war ever fought.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 212 total)

The topic ‘So Jesus said to his disciples as he was nailed to the cross..’ is closed to new replies.