Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 296 total)
  • So, I've just found out I too have cancer.
  • enfht
    Free Member

Thanks for the update. I can safely say lots of people you’ve never met are rooting for you buddy.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I read your comments about private health care, my wife is a cancer nurse and she is adamant that the NHS cannot be beaten when it comes to cancer treatment /care.

An ex boss of mine founded a few very successful businesses making him a rich man, he was treated 100% on the NHS. The NHS is pretty good at cancer treatment.

sv

My thoughts and best wishes are with you mate.

scaredypants

Thoughts were with you again today OP – I had fairly similar conversations with two patients at my work today; unusual for me as I mostly see very few people one to one.

I hope the next couple of weeks’ waiting goes quickly, and is followed by some better news for you all.

theotherjonv

best wishes juanking.

Kick it hard, in the nuts, and then when it’s down kick it again from all of us.

CHB

Just picked up on this. Not much more to add than one other person with their fingers crossed for you.

strawman
    Free Member

Keep up there in that determined attitude. The Christie is excellent, my Bro in law was and still is receiving treatment there. Keep pestering all relevant professionals involved. Squeaky wheels get the most oil. I’ll continue my prayers for you. God bless you and yours.

neilthewheel

Healing vibes going in your direction>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I can safely say lots of people you’ve never met are rooting for you buddy.

True enough.

scotia
    Free Member

^^^
    exactly, well said.

Keep that spirit up and keep fighting. Vent here when needed.

bennyboy1
    Free Member

Just picked up on this thread, wishing you the very best for the road ahead Juanking. It sounds like you have an absolutely wonderful surrounding of family to help you through this.

Beat the battle that lies ahead, we’re all rooting for you.

spacemonkey

Yep, big up on the healing vibes from me.

Over the years, this has been a great place to vent, share, hook up with, and generally gain strength/support for all sorts of shit.

Sounds like you’re geared up for this. Keep fighting fella.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

^ What they all said, Mr King. Holy crap, life can be testing? Sounds like you are going for it in the rightest way. Sending loving and positive vibes to you and yours from Chez Malvern for some speedy and positive progress. Kick it! (manbearhug)

flaps
    Free Member

Keep us updated, we’re all hoping for the best possible outcome.

Sometimes it’s easier to type things than to say them out loud. If you’ve ever got anything you want to say then this could be a great place to do it.

Fingers crossed it all goes well.

duckman

Good luck, life is a book; get the “having cancer.” pages over with and start the next chapter.

strawman
    Free Member

I’m just sat in a frankie & bennies having a coffee at the start of my working week and I thought of you and your family Mr King. I thought of the changes your circumstances will bring, you can do it all pal, I’ll continue to pray for you and your family throughout. God bless you.

gastromonkey
    Free Member

There’s not much more I can add. But I’m rooting for you and your family.

juanking

Afternoon folks, well the rollercoaster is back in full operation today. The oncologist called earlier with the biopsy results and they were not what she expected which was actually positive! I have berkits lymphoma and will be admitted today to ARI to the haematology ward to start treatment. It’s going to be a slog for upto 4 months treatment as an in patient but the haematology doctor I spoken with was very positive and my age and fitness go in my favour and he expects a recovery.

Right must pack a bag and head off.

Will you update again later.

Thanks guys it means a lot.

kilo

Great news!

jonnyboi

That’s really positive news!!

tjagain

Good news!

sargey

Fantastic news Juan,brightened up a sh#t day that has.

woody2000

That is most excellent news, f*** yeah!

wwaswas

Fantastic news, good luck with the treatment.

funkrodent

That’s great news mate, wishing you all the best with your treatment!

theotherjonv

Great news (well sort of….) – good luck with all the treatment and as we always say on here, if you need anything then ask; there’ll be someone in your neck of the woods who’ll help you out simply because you also ride a pushbike in the woods.

funkmasterp

That’s great news 😀

Can’t tell you how chuffed I am for you and yours. The first step to kicking the shit out of it has been taken!

cranberry
    Free Member

Fantastic news.

( piss on it’s chips )

jamj1974

Brilliant stuff Juan!

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

F*** YES.

Someone you don’t know and will likely never meet just properly welled up at that news. Can’t imagine the sense of hope that seeing that chink of light in what was starting to look like an ever darkening tunnel must feel like.

chewkw
    Free Member

Excellent news!

😛

strawman
    Free Member

Awesome news pal. I’ll keep my prayers going for you and yours. Hope the missus and your daughter are coping OK. God bless you.

eskay

Great news for all of you, I can’t imagine the range of emotions you and your family have been through the last few weeks. Good luck with the treatment.

user-removed
    Free Member

Can only imagine how good it must be to hear such hopeful news. A reverse punch in the stomach sort of feeling 🙂

trail_rat
    Free Member

Brilliant news fella. Glad to hear this.

What theotherjonv said. Iirc your on my patch so if there’s owt i can do when I’m home just shout -although i do a 35-35 working away

scotia
    Free Member

F*** YES.

Someone you don’t know and will likely never meet just properly welled up at that news. Can’t imagine the sense of hope that seeing that chink of light in what was starting to look like an ever darkening tunnel must feel like.

^^^^^^
    this. good news

neilthewheel

Thumbs up!

MoreCashThanDash

Great news. Will still be a long struggle but you are on the right track.

freeagent
    Free Member

This sounds a lot more positive than the previous diagnosis.
    Good luck and seriously hope you beat it.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Thanks OP, this has put a smile on my face.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 296 total)

The topic ‘So, I've just found out I too have cancer.’ is closed to new replies.