Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • So it took 10 months, but i finally did it!
  • anto164
    Free Member

Been riding the road bike for 10 months, on spd-sls since i got the bike.

Riding home from work today, i unclip my right foot, only for the wind to push me over to my left side, which is still clipped in.

Cue me falling ofer, still clipped to the bike, getting some epic gravel rash on my knee.

Worst thing was, is that it was middle of rushhour, and this was at a busy roundabout!

Zedsdead
    Free Member

hehe!

It’s happened to us all.

Like a turtle placed on it’s back

avdave2

3 times on my first ride with them, thinking I still had toeclips on and just pulling my foot backwards as I came to a stop. Each time landing on hard chalk and flint on my left hip. I don’t think I ever did it again though.

RealMan
    Free Member

only for the wind to push me over to my left side,

What do you weigh???

yossarian
    Free Member

Yep we’ve all been there. Remember keeling over in front of a group of hysterical walkers on one if my first spd rides.

anto164
    Free Member

What do you weigh???

11st lol. I live right on the coast, and there’s always a wind!

You know when you’re just on the balance point, just about to put your foot down, and BAM the wind just hit me!

Oh, and i run my clips quite tight too! May back them off a tad now.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Doh

wooobob

My first ride out involved the chain falling off halfway up the hill. 5 seconds of frantic air-pedalling as I slowly toppled over. I laugh now, but when I glanced up to see just how many millimetres there were between my noggin and the traffic roaring past I fair near caked me pants.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘So it took 10 months, but i finally did it!’ is closed to new replies.