Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • So is anyone watching the TdF inLondon then?
  • stoffel
    Free Member

Seems everyone on here whois going to watch it in the flesh, is doing so in Yorkshire. Anyone on here going to watch it in the big smoke? Hoping to meet with a few friends, have a natter, watch it blur past in 30 seconds, then probably go for food and drinks somewhere local. Posibly QE2 park/Leytnstone area. Might go nto town depending on what the crowd reports are like, on’t fancy being stuck in a crush of peoplethough.

mrchrispy

It’s going to be in London??!?!?!!?????

stoffel
    Free Member

Yes.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Yes probably. Need to check route, office is close to the finish but that will be mobbed so need something on the run in. Had planned a trip to Yorkshire but with Wiggins not racing I’m not going up.

nickb

Yep – can’t make it to Yorkshire, and London is far closer to home. Mall on Monday afternoon??

Nick

MrSmith
    Free Member

Seems everyone on here whois going to watch it in the flesh, is doing so in Yorkshire

Nope, green park or maybe get a spot on the last few k then pop on the eurostar to Lille, already found a few bars online near some of the corners on the final few k through the city. Better food, better wine and beer(Flanders is a few miles away), cheaper hotel, usually better weather and the locals love cycling.
    It’s the same journey time from London if not a little quicker so it was an easy decision to make.

riddoch

Planning to head to the Olympic park as that probably the easiest bit for me to get to and has a spectator hub.

njee20
    Free Member

Yep, I’m going. Not sure where, maybe somewhere near the Tower of London.

Kryton57

Riding through Epping Forest to pop out the Trees mid ride and watch the sprint / peleton go by at 2ish.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

The Peloton will pass, quite literally, under my seat here in the office.

I’m sat over Lower Thames Street and they will, I imagning, be shifting as they swoop down onto LTS after passing the Tower.

I however will be in sunny Essex, watching in Roxwell. Which is about 10mins (maybe less) after Chelmsford and just before where Cav lives in Willingale/Fyfield

There’s a super tight corner on a narrow village road, so they will have to slow right down.

stanfree
    Free Member

I’m getting the sleeper train into London early on Monday morning and heading up to Cambridge for the start . I’m hoping to get back down to London for the finish and watch somewhere around the Mall. It’s a short stage so hoping I can make It back to London in time.Does It sound feasable .?

jambalaya
    Free Member

@stan – I think the Mall is going to be totally rammed – 6 deep would be my guess ? It’s only 5 mins walk from my office but I am assuming I will have to go a bit further afield.

mossimus
    Free Member

Watching from Horse and Well in Woodford, the pub opens at 9 so it could get a bit messy.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Stan

How long is Cambrigde to London… 90mins tops?? You should have time to get to the end

Otherwise jump off at Stratford and head over to the Olympic park… about a 5/10 mins walk away …. I think theres one of those TdeF “Funparks” over there

And if you think yov’ve got time to get back to the Mail… I’d still get off at Stratford and change (it’s quicker to transfer onto the tube there than at Liverpool St.) onto the central line along to Hyde Park corner and leg it down through Green Park to the end.

Good luck enjoy

packer
    Free Member

What time is the finish expected to be?

natrix
    Free Member

Mall finish 15:42

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘So is anyone watching the TdF inLondon then?’ is closed to new replies.