Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)
  • So, in light of a recently closed thread; why do Jews dislike dogs?
  • user-removed
    Free Member

Leaving any driving skills aside (NO REALLY, please), is there really a connection to WW2? I’ve read Ian McEwan’s, Black Dogs but honestly can’t imagine that a few very recent, possibly fictional and certainly isolated cases might have turned a huge segment of the populace of this country against dogs.

It has oft been suggested that dogs were influential in the rise of the human race. Their teeth and claws allowed us to lose ours – the remaining energy allowed our brains to grow. They hunted for us and handed over their quarry at a single command. They turned the rats and mice out of our grain-houses. They warned of impending danger.

I only ask, as I’ve seen the fear first hand – it reminds me of my irrational fear of spiders. It must be a cultural thing…

If you want to answer, please do it sensibly.

mikedoubleu
    Free Member

I have a very large but ridiculously soft Bernese Mountain dog called Jeff. We go and visit my sister in London fairly often and use the tube etc. I don’t think Londoners are used to seeing such big dogs as often the response when the tube doors open is just for people to walk away rather than get on. I suspected it was because they’re not used to big dogs or their only experience of dogs is the jaws on a chain “trophy” dogs from sink estates?

I have noticed that Japanese tourists love him (is there a tv show about Berners in Japan?) but other Asians usually seem really scared of him. I wondered if it was if people came from parts of the world where large packs of wild dogs still roamed they would be more understandably cautious?

loddrik
    Free Member

Why do Muslims not like Jews…

(There’s your thread closer right there)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ernie_lynch
    Free Member

It’s a myth that Muslims don’t like Jews, many of their prophets were Jewish. They’re not very keen that Muslims should be driven from their lands in reparation for what Germans and other Europeans did to Jews 80 years ago though – do you mean that ?

bigyinn
    Free Member

I give this 3 pages.

loddrik
    Free Member

Ernie, sorry bud I was being both rhetorical and provocative, in light of the thread title.

yossarian
    Free Member

A quick spin on google produced this:

http://www.jewfaq.org/animals.htm

I’m never quite sure about whether stuff is legit on the internerd, but if bit about not altering an animal is true plus the issue of city folk generally not having dogs, and particularly big dogs, then maybe this is a potential reason why jewish communities in London don’t generally keep dogs. Perhaps it’s a recent custom?

Jamie
    Free Member

More to the point, why do Jewish mothers never like me?

scaredypants

Jamie – stop showing them your willy ?

binners

More to the point, why do Jewish mothers never like me?

Maybe its your Nazi memorabilia collection? 😉

Could this shed some light on the issue. Pigs too…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YujYTVQ4_S0[/video]

patriotpro
    Free Member

ernie_lynch – Member
    It’s a myth that Muslims don’t like Jews,

You can’t be serious, surely..!?!?

In response to the OP – By using the term ‘Jews’ you imply that all Jews don’t like dogs which *simply isn’t true.

*most likely

Jamie
    Free Member

Maybe its your Nazi memorabilia collection?

You know I only get that out on special occasions.

…like Rosh Hashanah.

unklehomered
    Free Member

I have a very large but ridiculously soft Bernese Mountain dog called Jeff

You sir have just shot up my list of favourite forumites. Love bernese, had one when i was but a lad, but then went back to Maremmas when he died (i was four so don’t remember Bruno clearly). But proper sized dogs are just fantastic. You surely get the odd enthusiast just delighted to see a massive hound.

Anyway back on topic, I feel this will help raise the level of debate, not that I got 1 page in the sweepstake or anything.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-FNwnEyfpI[/video]

binners

Jamie nipping down to the shops earlier….

Mantastic
    Free Member

who cares

hels
    Free Member

My goodness, is that a Civil War Biker Nazi, with Hipster beard sideburns ?? Kudos for the sub-culture mash-up, although massive disrespect for the redneck racism, and the sox stuffed down his trousers.

Nice tank tho.

Jamie
    Free Member

My goodness, is that a Civil War Biker Nazi, with a Hipster beard ?? Kudos for the sub-culture mash-up, although massive disrespect for the redneck racism, and the sox stuff down his trousers.

The hell? IT’S FRIGGIN’ LEMMY!

hels
    Free Member

The Motorhead guy ?? Explains the tank.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Jamie nipping down to the shops earlier….

IIRC Jamie is a fairly new driver, and therefore not permitted to drive such a large vehicle, so I don’t think that can be him.

Did you mean to post this picture of him ‘nipping down to the shops’?

binners

I did love Lemmy’s defence of his Nazi Uniform collection

Look, as I’ve always said, it’s not my fault the bad guys had the best shit. If the Israelis had the best uniforms I’d collect them

😆

mattbee

Because they can’t stand the hair getting all over their sofas?

The Jewish chap who is to all intents and purposes Ted Baker hired my company to provide some stuff for his son’s BarMitzvah. When we went to visit the site we had my bosses Cocker Spaniel and my Springer/Lab mongrel with us. They got loads of fuss and attention and when we had tea and biscuits whilst discussing the finer points of the event the dogs were brought their own biscuits and bowls of water by the housekeeper. So in my experience the idea that jewish people hate dogs is not true, and ‘Ted Baker’ along with his family are all very rich but extremely nice people.

Jamie
    Free Member

IIRC Jamie is a fairly new driver, and therefore not permitted to drive such a large vehicle, so I don’t think that can be him.

It’s actually driven by pedals.

Suck it DVLA!

Joe

The koran says that Muslims can never be friends with jews. Most of the koran’s references to jews and negative, so we can’t be that surprised.

I think jews tend not to like dogs because they tend to be a bit precious, and live in the centre of towns. It’s a bit like why jews don’t do their own DIY…it’s nothing to do with the second world war.

mefty
    Free Member

a huge segment of the populace of this country

There are remarkably few, only 266K in the last census which is less than 0.5% of the total population, always surprises me.

justatheory
    Free Member

Generally muslims aren’t keen on dogs either. Mohammed wasn’t a fan, especially black ones.

binners

Could there not be a very simple reason? Dog eggs?

Jamie
    Free Member

Yo dawg, what about Matisyahu?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxxuSiC4wNw[/video]

hels
    Free Member

I don’t like dogs – does that make me Jewish ?? Oi vey.

hels
    Free Member

****, I don’t do my own home repairs either, it’s all starting to add up. That number on grandma Cohen’s arm just might not have been the number of some bike chap she met one day out tank-shopping, it’s all becoming clear.

binners

Have you recently been arguing with the neighbours Hels? Maybe built a large fence? Blockaded their pond?

nealglover
    Free Member

I know a Jewish chap who doesn’t do his own DIY.

He does everyone else’s though, because he’s a Handyman.

He also has a Dog too, a black labrador that goes to work with him in his Van.

I will tell him he is confusing people, and doing “it” properly 🙂

hels
    Free Member

No Binners, but am I allowed to do that now ?? Ace, my neighbour is a right nobber. Pass me that weapons catalogue.

IHN

The koran says that Muslims can never be friends with jews. Most of the koran’s references to jews and negative, so we can’t be that surprised.

I think jews tend not to like dogs because they tend to be a bit precious, and live in the centre of towns. It’s a bit like why jews don’t do their own DIY

Now that’s the kind of well-informed and entirely free of sweeping generalisations post that has made STW the place for reasoned debate that it is.

binners

Thats the spirit Hels!! Have you got any Americans living close by? If you ask them, you could probably get them to fund the whole thing

khani
    Free Member

Some people from lands far far away don’t like dogs because of the problem of rabies in their country of origin, and the fear of rabies can also be passed down to their children,
    some Jews have Muslim friends, and and some Muslims have Jewish friends… Some just hate everyone…
    I don’t like ikkies.. But I have four dogs and two cats..who kill all the ikkies in the house…
    Some people are just dicks…

hels
    Free Member

That won’t be necessary Binners, the folk next door but one have Irish accents, I am sure they can get hold of some AKs for me.

binners

Be careful which lot of Irish they are though Hels. If they’re left-footed then they may take your neighbours side in the dispute. And as they may inform you: they know where you live 😯

singletracked
    Free Member

No, but really, this whole thread is just an exercise in irony right?

singletracked
    Free Member

The koran says that Muslims can never be friends with jews.

Really? Wow, i thought the koran asked them to treat Jews with respect and stuff ‘cos they were people of the book.

alex222
    Free Member

It’s spelt Qur’an

You big bunch of racists

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘So, in light of a recently closed thread; why do Jews dislike dogs?’ is closed to new replies.