Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • So i'm selling my campervan but getting some abuse, what have I done wrong?
  • walla24
    Free Member

Those of you that saw my kangoo camper up for sale recently, am I asking a crazy price?
    Some not very friendly folk on facebook seem to think I’m having a laugh!

Genuinely confused but grateful if anyone wouldn’t mind saying if the price is about right?

link here if you didn’t see it

Trimix
    Free Member

Its only worth what people will pay for it – that may not have anything to do with what you think.

Anyway – where are you advertising it ? If you cant find the right buyer try advertising it somewhere else.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

I like it and don’t think the price is unreasonable for what it is capable of.
    I have a friend considering VW Caddy camper for much more dosh and have sent her a link to your ad.

My camper is called Olive too! 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    richpips
    Free Member

I’v got a ’53 Kangoo with similar miles. It’s become a money pit.

If it wasn’t fitted out, you’d get £500-£1000.

Is the interior worth £2+K?

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Doesn’t seem unreasonable to me…

Problem could probably it doesn’t have a VW badge on the front. The camper snobs (which will include those that want, but can’t afford a VW, as well as those that have bought a VW and are still smarting) will knock it just for that.

walla24
    Free Member

thanks for the replies and opinions 🙂

I based my price on looking at similarly equipped vans (not VW’s because of their following) but things like romahomes etc and thought £3500 would be quite a reasonable price to start with room for haggling of course.

I’ve only just started advertising so it’s currently on ebay, facebook and gumtree.

Is autotrader still a popular place?
    Can anyone recommend anywhere else?

Thanks all, I know it’s only worth what others will pay but I didn’t think I was that far off.

walla24
    Free Member

Thank’s Jef!
    It’s a good name, named after ‘oyl’ in the rego so olive oil 😀

bigjim

I really like that. I don’t know much about camper van pricing in the UK but the only hesitation I would have with that amount of cash is that it is quite an old vehicle. Having said that I paid £$5000 for a 30 year old van in australia a few years back…

Unfortunately the internet is full of idiots so I wouldn’t worry too much about negative comments. I chuckle at how much people waste on their blinged out T5s, but keep it to myself.

razorrazoo

Having recently sold a second hand car (not a campervan) by far my best source of good inquiries was Gumtree, I paid money to both Autotrader and Exchange and Mart for very little interest from either. I used Gumtree’s free service as an afterthought and wished I had started there.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

@walla,

I named mine Olive after my Nan. She left me some money when snuffed it and most of it went on the camper.
    She would have approved. She loved my previous campers.

bruneep

another stealth advert…..

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

I like it but haven’t a clue on what it’s worth, I guess that’s the problem with custom built campers. People can’t compare it with anything so don’t know if they’re paying the right price

steveh

Ebay is the best place to sell vehicles nowadays by far especially true for campers and those which are a little out of the ordinary. It does seem a bit high to me – comparing to proper factory built campers is a little optimistic (if I understand your comparison right).

tymbian
    Free Member

I wouldn’t pay any where near 3.5k for it I’m afraid.

PePPeR

Has anyone seen the price of motorhomes?

My old 1997 Transit is worth about 12k with the Chausson motorhomes on the back, if it was just the usual van I’d get about £500

pictonroad

It’s your van, charge what you want.

I’ve bought and sold a few VW’s so no direct experience with similar. To me that’s about £2k’s worth of vehicle, maybe a bit more.

Ebay is a good place to sell, I’ve sold several vans on there, classifieds ads, not auctions.

James

unovolo
    Free Member

I sold my 1.5DCI Kangoo van(52plate) late last year, it was a ex British Gas one so well maintained,ran like clockwork and was in excellent condition throughout had uprated suspension(from the factory) for the heavy payload.

Was fully lined,full metal bulkhead,Roofbars, Remote central locking,Electric windows and alloy wheels with good branded tyres all round.

Got exactly £1000.

As much as yours is a nice car/camper I cant see 2.5k difference inside but someone else make think differently, Its a bit of a one of a kind so difficult to price but for 3.5k I would be looking elsewhere personally.

richpips
    Free Member

Has anyone seen the price of motorhomes?

Yes I have. I think we got 28K for ours 8 years ago.

A two person Kangoo with a mattress and sink in the back is not a Chausson or a Hymer though.

hora
    Free Member

How many ladies have you fettled in there?

dazz
    Free Member

must agree I think it’s overpriced, we recently sold a 51 plate boxer self built conversion, hot/cold water, shower, toilet heating etc a very well done conversion & it only went for 3k. You can’t really price it in the same range as a professional build like a romahome.

Funnily enough when you placed the ad I showed my wife & said once our youngest has flown the nest that’s the type of thing I’ll be building.

duncancallum

its probably advertised at the top end but fair play gives you some wiggle room

neil853
    Free Member

I think its a great little van, and its something I’m actually looking at now but, imo its over priced. For that sort of money you get a newer home made vivaro/primestar etc. That’s not to say you wont sell it, you just need to find someone who wants it enough.

walla24
    Free Member

Ok thanks all I appreciate the input.
    I think i’l drop the price going from what you have said and see what happens.
    Cheers all

@jef- that’s really nice mate, nice way to keep the memory alive

@bruneep- not a stealth advert at all bud, genuinely a bit confused as to how much it is worth

@hora- hahaha….it’s called Olive, not pussy wagon 😆

hora
    Free Member

OP- your title ‘abuse’…hmmm. Not quite. Wander over to my reason topic for abuse 😉

jambourgie
    Free Member

I’ll give you £500 for it…

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Pushing it a bit calling a 1 metre wide bed as wide enough for 2 people .

BigJohn

Olive shouldn’t be a campervan. Everybody knows Olive’s from on the buses.

loddrik
    Free Member

The problem is is that it’s a Renault and Renaults are shite…

trail_rat
    Free Member

you would be better selling the interior seperately on ebay – its worth more to someone who can put it in a decent van .

im a french van fan and i would run a mile from the base van even at 1k.

Engine swap and fuel change and an LPG kit and home brew camper electrics

just screams future issues – and while to the owner and builder it probably isnt an issue , fault finding on an unknown install is a fooking mare.

also” Mileage is 136,187 however the engine was changed from a 1.5L diesel to a 1.2L petrol with conversion circa 2006 78,944miles as shown on the previous MOT certificates which means that this engine has only done around 57,000 miles.”

It means the engines done around 57k in that car – before that who knows. could be 157000 for all we know.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘So i'm selling my campervan but getting some abuse, what have I done wrong?’ is closed to new replies.