Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • So, I'm just about to order Virgin media…
  • Monkeeknutz
    Free Member

Can’t be ollied to read the whole thread so if I’m repeating what’s already been said, sorry!

Hang on for a month or two till Virgin release their Tivo box, that’ll give you better Broadband than Sky and a better TV interface! Kapow!

And I definitely don’t work for Virgin.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I don’t want to bloody wait! Surely if I want the TiVo thing, I can upgrade later anyway can’t I?

clubber
    Free Member

Won’t the box be the same but with new firmware which will bs applied to existing v+ boxes?

Edit: maybe not: http://m.itproportal.com/2010/12/1/how-much-will-virgin-media-tivo-box-cost/

smudge
    Free Member

Well, after my thread last week about VM problems, I twittered RB had emails and phones calls same day from a UK guy at VM and had read my long email I had sent to them. This was Christmas Eve and assured me they had read my email and everything was now ok plus gave me 2 months free for the grief I had had. I felt happy as a bunny as I had finally got our broadband back after a week of it being down.

Few hours ago got back from Crimbo away at rellies and its down again!! exactly same fault as before. To say I am pished off is putting it midly, plus Little Miss Smudge cant use her new Ipod Touch.

Yet the TV and telephone has been great. But as I rely on the broadband so heavily I cannot allow for it to be so erratic and down so much these last few weeks so I am now looking at going elsewhere

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

But it’s late december now and still no bloody TiVo box? What gives there then?

I have a frickin’ HD tellypanel and no frickin’ HD to watch on it (no aerial socket to even plug in for the Freeview Tuner) 🙁

****, I think I’ll stay with Sky for a while, threaten to leave and get a new HD box or sumfin’

Meh meh meh meh 😐

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

IPlayer Internet will count as data but not through your Virgin box

The Tivos are on internal beta now so shouldn’t be far away. I’m sure you will pay to change – it will be worth the wait.

druidh
    Free Member

VM broadband in the Edinburgh area has just failed. First time I’m over a year though.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘So, I'm just about to order Virgin media…’ is closed to new replies.