Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • So I'm getting a divorce…….What do I do now!
  • Raindog
    Free Member

If you are still talking sensibly to each other then the first thing to do is split your finances. If you have any joint commitments then use a shared account for these until things are sorted out, but make sure your pay cheque goes into an account which only you can access. If you can avoid fighting through different lawyers then you will both save a lot of money, my ex wife and I used the recommended firm from wikivorce and it has worked very well, and cost only £279 plus the court fees.

Good luck to you both. Life moves on.

aguesty1
    Free Member

She’s just been round and the finances are sorted, all amicable and sorted out what I’m taking with me (which isn’t much as I don’t have any room for it)!

Now the question is do I get rid of my Meta and upgrade????

Sandwich

Could I suggest a trip to the Ukraine once the dust has settled. The attractions they had at the Olympic closing ceremony may help distract you!

Look after you physically as it hard to keep your wits about you when exhausted and run down.

All the best

kimbers

doing a degree, ……..access to the student union?????

get the frack in there man!

aguesty1
    Free Member

Kimbers – freshers week in a few weeks, I’ll be all over it. The SU is a little ropey but there are plenty of other student areas.

I’m also the best type of student, I have a real job just for 4 days a week and the company has paid for the degree for the last 4 years! So I have money..

marsdenman
    Free Member

+1 on the ‘keep the solicitors out of it’ advice.
    MrsMM (beta version) and I did just that – she wanted out, only tie was the house.
    We both got valuations done, agreed the average of the 2 values. She then paid me out 50% of that (+ a touch more, that’s another story…) Solicitors only involved in making the agreement legal and binding etc.
    BTW – you can (or could, 10 years ago) do your own divorce – paperwork from local council office, fill it in, submit it to the OH’s solicitors, OH signs off on it and then it is (or was) the usual time wait for the decrees to come through = saving more money towards Meta replacement 🙂

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Seriously, on past experience I’d suggest if your wife wants out then she leaves the house. Seen it happen a couple of times. Man moves in with mate. ‘Try’ to sell house, takes 12 months to sell, man feels guilty about putting on mate so rents flat and ends up skint paying for rent and mortgage. Suddenly wife doesn’t want to sell house and a man starts answering the door as your keys don’t fit anymore.

If she wants some space then let her have it. Stay put if you can.

And this will sound terrible, but make her feel guilty. It’s not your fault. You’re potentially both going to lose a house, can you do a deal with an endowment or somethng for her in exchange for the deeds?

But best of luck. Still young, curse you. I met my best friend after getting divorced an we have a beautiful daughter/house/life together.

Gary_C

Seriously, on past experience I’d suggest if your wife wants out then she leaves the house

If she wants some space then let her have it. Stay put if you can.

This, x10.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘So I'm getting a divorce…….What do I do now!’ is closed to new replies.