Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • So I'll be sanding the floor of Camo Manor this weekend and…
  • crankboy
    Free Member

WHEN YOU ASSEMBLE THE SANDER FASTEN THE HANDLE TO THE BODY i did not turned the power on pressed go and watched the sander fly across the room as i stood like a muppet holding the detatched handle.

filling gaps with the dust mixed with wood glue works a treat i resolved some really ugly holes and splits this way you do have to do this before the final sanding though .

camo16
    Free Member

Thanks to everyone for their advice with this. I actually followed some of it. 😉 Six hours of sanding, a little oil, a little varnish and the end effect is fantastic.

Those of you who mentioned the edge sander being a right skittish little blighter were absolutely spot on… on the plus side, my man rating has sky-rocketed.

So, ta muchly.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Well done!

Photos?

camo16
    Free Member

ir_bandito – since you asked… 😉

flowerpower
    Free Member

Excellent 🙂 We did our a couple of months ago – feels fantastic when you look back at what you have made!!

Just for anyone else thinking about this – we finished ours with Osmo polx oil, hardwearing, but easier to repair than varnish (but we have two dogs and I know that repairs will be needed)

ir_bandito
    Free Member

lovely job 🙂

(will it always be that tidy?)

camo16
    Free Member

Ta!

Mrscamo16 likes things tidy, so probably yes. 😀

thepurist

Good work getting it finished and re-furnished in a weekend! Must have got a tad warm at times doing that…

camo16
    Free Member

Yeah, it was hard work, but we made it. 😉

All the furniture needed to be back in place yesterday, so we busted our balls getting it in.

Unfortunately, the floor needs at least another coat of varnish, so it’ll have to be done piecemeal over the next week or so.

sleepless
    Free Member

nice job. one thing to watch out for is the chair wheels/ feet dinting the nice finished wood. you can buy purpose made protecting ‘cups’ but we use metal lids from jars. we found this out the hard way and have rather ugly dints in the floor which need re sanding when I can be arsed,

nice job though.

technicallyinept
    Free Member

You’ll need to stop wearing stilettos in the house. They’ll wreck your floor in no time

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘So I'll be sanding the floor of Camo Manor this weekend and…’ is closed to new replies.