Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • So if they do find the Higgs Boson…
  • GrahamS

The Higgs Boson is apparently the key to understanding why particles have mass and CERN are announcing some findings shortly.

So if they have found it, then how long do we have to wait before we get “Anti-Higgs Field” paintjobs to make bikes lighter?

And does this bring us any closer to hoverboards?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Marketting will have the paint sorted by the end of the year

Hoverboards pah I want one of the star wars hover cars who name temporary escapes me [ Do i loose experience points ?]
    You still reading the Star Wars linky from Cougar I am at episode 256

“summon Bigger Fish” is still the best line IMHO

We are discussing the big issues here today eh who cares why things have mass they do

EDIT : Landspeeder – It took me 5 minutes though

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Well, if you can invent a Hoverboard, then you’re a better man than I am, Guadagnin

portlyone

Oh God

TheFlyingOx

Guadagnin

😯

GrahamS

Meh the Guadagnin board apparently needs lasers and crap to keep it balanced.

Better going for a quantum trapped superconductor levitation solution:
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ws6AAhTw7RA[/video]

😀

GrahamS

You still reading the Star Wars linky from Cougar I am at episode 256

I gave up after Revelation of the Sith. Twas good tho.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Meh the Guadagnin board apparently needs lasers and crap to keep it balanced.

Better going for a quantum trapped superconductor levitation solution:

Yeah, but where’s the Kipling reference?

GrahamS

Yeah, but where’s the Kipling reference?

A quantum trapped superconductor is an exceedingly good levitation solution.

😀

Junkyard
    Free Member

😀

A quantum trapped superconductor is an ruddy hard levitation solution to master

IGMC

Drac

Stolen from Twitter.

The CERN team’s slides appear to be using Comic Sans. There is no God. #Higgs

portlyone

😆

bencooper
    Free Member

Whereas the Giggs Boson has already been found, but it’s subject to a gagging order so we’re not allowed to talk about it.

molgrips
    Free Member

So if they have found it, then how long do we have to wait before we get “Anti-Higgs Field” paintjobs to make bikes lighter?

It might make them weigh less but they’d still not accelerate any faster. Too bad 🙂

hels
    Free Member

BBC 1 was hilarious this morning, they just looked sooooooo out of their comfort zone trying to look as if they understood, and reading their scripted questions. When what they really wanted to ask was if it means we can travel in time, and what happens if you travel in time then phone yourself.

bencooper
    Free Member

The BBC are awful at science reporting – I once spent ages on the phone to a BBC “science corespondent” trying to convince him there was a difference between silicon and silicone!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘So if they do find the Higgs Boson…’ is closed to new replies.