• This topic has 60 replies, 38 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by hels.
Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • So if Scotland goes independant
  • gordimhor

NIEW UK

scotroutes

The 4th Reich

seosamh77
    Free Member

London, and the other bits.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Ukipedia.

aracer
    Free Member

Finally an advantage of Scottish independence – no more worries about flying the flag the wrong way up (I’m assuming that unlike the flag in your photo, removing the saltire would allow them to make it symmetrical – otherwise it will be a whole lot worse!)

Northwind

That’s the only reason I want independence tbh, I live in constant fear of having to hang a union flag and getting it wrong. It’s no way to live.

Junkyard
    Free Member

but how will you show your distress when Scotland leaves?

aracer
    Free Member

Hang on though. Is the flag an asset, and if so is it really fair that Scotland gets 1/3 of the existing flag and rUK only 2/3? It seems Scotland would get an unfair proportion, compared to population or landmass – AS might tell you that’s what you’ll get, but I think you’ll find the Edinburgh Agreement specifies terms of independence won’t be unfair to rUK. At most I reckon you’ll only get half a saltire.

That’s not to mention Shetland – or will they continue to have to fly a flag which isn’t theirs?

JoeG
    Free Member

America’s bitch? 😈 😆

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Well aracer Salmond could always commit an independent Scotland to carry on flying the union flag, even without an agreement from Westminster. After all no one can stop a country flying the British flag if they want to.

Not an ideal solution I know, and a bit muddled, but at least it would help to allay any fears that independence for Scotland might result in noticeable change.

It would ring out that important nationalist message loud and clear : “It’s safe to vote for independence because nothing will change”.

seosamh77
    Free Member

It’s bloody grim watching you 2 try to do humour. Stop it. Ffs! 😆

aracer
    Free Member

You’re suggesting that Scotland should let a different country have control of their vexillography? Not really independence is it?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Well to be fair Scotland would still be in the UK. Just because Scotland becomes an independent country it wouldn’t automatically mean that it was no longer in the UK, that’s just scaremongering by Westminster, so I can’t see why there would any problem with Scotland flying the UK flag.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Really, it’s brutal.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

…will we even notice?

hels
    Free Member

Former UK.

Or FUK for short.

(and I copied that from the BBC website but it’s quite good I think ?)

ninfan
    Free Member

Erm, what do New Zealand, Hawaii, Bermuda, Australia, Fiji, Tuvalu, Ontario etc. do?

Do they have to change their flags too?

hels
    Free Member

New Zealand is having a referendum about changing the flag anyway. The existing one is so Colonial, and anyway like most good things about NZ, the Australians copied it.

I plan to vote for an entirely black rectangle.

hilldodger
    Free Member

Not really bothered what we call ourselves.
    But if the scots actually find the bottle to ‘do one’ I’ll feel a whole lot better calling myself British than when we had them dragging along behind us mewling and squealing.

scotroutes

A few of the ex-colonies are going down this route. I guess this might just precipitate some action.

hels
    Free Member

I think it’s a bit silly, they should have a referendum about something important, like the next All Black Captain when Richie McCaw retires. (makes “I’m Not worthy” gesture)

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘So if Scotland goes independant’ is closed to new replies.