• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by MSP.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • So, if it weren't for racism Yaya Toure would be regarded as good as Messi…..
  • loddrik
    Free Member
    scaredypants

he is brilliant

… in fits & starts; even attacking he’s patchy

(Suarez MUST win the PFA and probably any other award going too, IMO)

PrinceJohn

I thought he was regarded as one of the best in the world. He’s not in Messi or Ronaldo’s league tho.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    MSP

I think the problem he has (or any of the city players) in being counted as one of the very best players in the world is that they are still not really delivering their full potential as a team.
    They have a handfull of players in that group just below the very best, but to push on into that group being considered for the ballon d’or they need to show they can perform when they come against teams like Munich and Barcelona. So far they haven’t done that.

That said, I do think it is about time football took the next step in fighting racism. They made big improvements through the 80’s and 90’s, but IMO they have stood back, patted themselves on the back about the work already done, and just paid lip service to the problem since then.
    The lack of black (or other minority) managers is a stark reminder that there are clearly some big problems that still need addressing.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘So, if it weren't for racism Yaya Toure would be regarded as good as Messi…..’ is closed to new replies.