• This topic has 27 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by sv.
Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • So if I was going to get one of these new colour 456 summer seasons….
  • grumm
    Free Member

Would I want a 16 inch one? I'm 5'8.

nuke

Yes

sv

I'm 6ft and ran a 18 inch inbred. So probably. That Brown frame looks very nice, must not look again, must not look again, must not…

grumm
    Free Member

Cheers.

Yeah def don't look at these new pics

http://www.on-one-shop.co.uk/?p=3311#more-3311

🙂

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Yes def

and despite all the colour choices now, I think I would still go for the natural clear laquered. Although I like the new ISCG option.

swisstony
    Free Member

yep, i'm 5'10 and i've got a 16"

STATO
    Free Member

Although I like the new ISCG option.

Lets not get confused folks, its only the 456ss that has ISCG mounts and that only comes in yellow or orange (or clear) not brown.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Lets not get confused folks, its only the 456ss that has ISCG mounts

I thought that was what we were talkin about? Look again at the topic title.

grumm
    Free Member

It's what I was talking about. You can still get the raw one in 16 and 18" but I don't like the look of it personally.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder', I've come to the conclusion that I really like British Racing green (or variations of) on MTB frames. The raw comes out a nice green, but if it's not for you, it's not for you.

BTW, I'm 5'10", 32" inside leg and ride my 16" with a 80mm stem and straight seatpost and there's plenty of space.

STATO
    Free Member

I thought that was what we were talkin about?

Sorry, someone said brown, it threw me :0)

Anyway, 456ss has always had ISCG mounts, its not a new 'option'

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Anyway, 456ss has always had ISCG mounts, its not a new 'option'

I think you are wrong there Stato, that is a new option along with these new colours.

grumm
    Free Member

The pic of the raw one looks like it has ISCG mounts.

grumm
    Free Member

Oh yeah, and is the 456 singlespeedable? Thinking of getting niched up to the max (and saving some money/weight) 🙂

Or is that crazy talk?

STATO
    Free Member

I think you are wrong there Stato, that is a new option along with these new colours.

Nope, i have a Clearcoat 456ss and its got ISCG mounts. Normal 456 didnt and stilldosnt have them.

Oh yeah, and is the 456 singlespeedable?

No but the slot-dropout bred is still pretty tough, my mate hammers his and its fine.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

The pic of the raw one looks like it has ISCG mounts.

Don't say that, I'm not going to sell my 12 month old raw frame just for ISCG mounts.

grumm
    Free Member

No but the slot-dropout bred is still pretty tough, my mate hammers his and its fine.

But I want an orange one!

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Stato, you said the 456 summer has ALWAYS had the ISCG mount, but it hasn't. Maybe the last batch did, maybe a few samples that got out on the market did. But, up until Brant left, the standard production 456 summer came in raw finish and without ISCG mounts.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Bought Nov 08 direct from On one, On One Summer 16" , show me where the ISCG mount is? At least 6 other members of SingletrAction trailbuiders had the same frame bought at various points from it's first introduction in mid 07 to Nov 08., none of them had ISCG mounts. 😉

STATO
    Free Member

Ok, sorry, stand corrected. The reason I though they all did is i bought mine s/h in April and the guy had already owned it for a few months, maybe mine is one of the first with ISCG mounts then.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

No problem, I'm jealous

STATO
    Free Member

Dont be, in typical on-one style they are slightly the wrong angle and one on the bolt holes is over the chainstay so you have to cut the bolt down to about 2 threads to get it to fit or it wont tighten up.

igm

What is the difference in geometry between 456 , 456SS and Inbreds? Only the 456SS geometry seems to be listed at eh moment.

grumm
    Free Member

Hmm the summer seasons all have a white rose headbadge – not sure if a Lancastrian can stomach that. 🙂

Northwind

Mmm, I almost like the green, but it's ford cortina green instead of british racing from the looks of it. Ah well.

igm

grumm – Member
    All here isn't it?

Umm… yes. Now why couldn't I find that?

Thanks

sv

I mentioned the brown 456 – but not in relation to the SS just I liked the colour! The On-One website has many seemingly hidden pages. Can't stop looking agh, still remember the rusty water running out over my White inbred tho (OCD). The brown might hide that – nooooo musn't.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘So if I was going to get one of these new colour 456 summer seasons….’ is closed to new replies.