• This topic has 66 replies, 34 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by hora.
Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • so i witnessed bikeshop staff threatening young kids
  • project
    Free Member

hora – Member
    I should get one of those suits above like the Salford lad who ‘patrols’ the streets at night

Posted 24 minutes ago # Report-Post

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/superheroes-of-suburbia/episode-guide/series-1/episode-1

So its just to get free advertisong for your new channel 4 show this friday then, very clever.

Ps, what tyres and gloves for a super hero.

hora
    Free Member

Funnily places that I would frequent again I do complain about. Evans Trafford isn’t (or at least wasn’t) even close to Evans Deansgates customer service skills.

The founder of Richer Sounds (well prob not him) wrote back to me to thank me for my praise of the staff in their Deansgate store.

timc
    Free Member

bullheart
    Free Member

There was nearly a bloodbath. But there wasn’t.

No need. You can’t polish awesome.

South Manchester middle class vigilante in too upset to finish espresso shocker?

Genuine comedy gold, all of you…. 😀

morgs
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member
    Morgs – stopping an adult from assaulting a kid is a disgusting thing to do in front of your own child?

Not my point. My point is that Hora seems to take exception if it had got violent, but is more than happy to use violence in front of his child.

Many more options available IMHO. Eg, walk away.

I work on the doors and have needed to use force as well as stopping force being used. One thing for sure is I would always explore EVERY opportunity to get out of the situation before my child saw me in a violent situation.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Evans? Richer Sounds? Where is this planet?

robsoctane
    Free Member

I think that hits is right. Stop cruelt to children with all of your might. Teach your kids this is right. Hope they’ll feel the same one day.

You lot maybe the type to walk away or stay quiet but I for one am glad that there’s still some decent folk out there.

morgs
    Free Member

Stop cruelt to children with all of your might. Teach your kids this is right. Hope they’ll feel the same one day.

Completely agree. But by the same token, isn’t letting your child see you using violence also out of order?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

so morgs – you think if you see someone hitting a child you should just walk past if you have your own child with you?

Junkyard
    Free Member

I think we would all prefer that our children do not see us involve din altercations either verbal or physical. However avoidance may be a greater evil as TJ’s example shows

joolsburger
    Free Member

The correct approach to retail angst.

http://27bslash6.com/f4s.html

morgs
    Free Member

Wow! What a can of worms this thread is!!!! but it’s not that black and white IMO.

The situation given by HORA gives many ‘outs’. It hadn’t got physical yet, so he could have walked away. He could have taken the kid back to the car and gone back in to ‘have words’. He could have said ‘wind it in, or I’ll call the police’. He could have got his phone out and started recording it so blatantly that the guy in the shop just stopped.

Don’t get me wrong, I deplore adults that beat up on kids. But I would sooner sit my son down and explain why something is wrong than to have him see me fighting.

My son has just turned 6 – so, yeah, my responses are focused on him being that age. If he was older, say 16 then I’d probably wade in without as much thought to it.

Let me ask you the question – would you steam in with your fists if you had your child(ren) with you if a shopkeeper was swearing at a couple of teens?

Like I say – not that black and white

GW
    Free Member

What would Glupton do? 😉

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

hora . Believe me if you’d have physically touched those children I would have protected them.

morgs – Member

hang on a minute – you’re kicking off about the shop owner being abusive to kids, infront of you and your kid, but if he’d have go physical you would have abused him in front of your own son???

So its quite clear -Hora says if the shopkeeper had assaulted the kids he would have intervened and yuou said that he should not infront of his kids

Junkyard
    Free Member

my eldest is 6 and I would ask the shopkeeper not to swear.
    If he started hitting them I would probably intervene in a splitting up a fight style rather than hitting him.
    You are right the OP could have spoken up but we dont know enough about the “customers” to pass comment tbh.

Jamie
    Free Member

What would Glupton do?

So far we have established it would be some type of zoo based justice.

Junkyard
    Free Member

morgs dont back down TJ would not
    IIRC you point out TJ has no kids and so he cannot understand …you then goad him about logos, dogs and helmets.
    After 22 pages take the Edinburgh defence 😀
    I know what you mean reading between the lines you would intervene in a non physical way. Horas post hints that he would have got violent on him though I am not sure this is what he is saying.

djglover
    Free Member

Classic Hora thread… 🙂

dr_adams
    Free Member

i kinda got the impression Hora said he would have protected them, as in put himself inbetween them as opposed to protection a la mafia kinda protection but i might have missed if Hora is of Italian descent?

robsoctane
    Free Member

The flames are hot (especially those pictures) but this is a serious issue…What if your kid came back home & said that a shop assistant got verbal & threatening?

‘I didn’t have enough wedge dad & he wanted to smack me because I’m smaller than him & I asked too many questions’ – ‘It’s okay son, most treat young’ns like you with contempt, get used to it’.

I doubt it… 🙄

iain1775
    Free Member

Rolls eyes, moves on
    Stw Sunday night post ride cock waving at it’s best

Tiger6791

dare I say it….no can’t bring myself to, arrrghhh the conflict..

gonna have to, can’t believe it..

TJ is right.. (god what have I said) 😯

Old man Hora doesn’t say he’ll get violent, he just says

Believe me if you’d have physically touched those children I would have protected them

and that to me sounds like the right thing to do

I reckon you can protect people without being violent, n’est-ce pas?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Is Hora Steven Seagull?

iain1775
    Free Member

Should that not be seaview seagull?

robsoctane
    Free Member

@iain1775: Do you really think that half of these guys have been out on rides yesterday, I think it’s more likely that they’ve sat in the garden polishing their thomson seat-posts up & down thinking of days gone by…

busy fathers are excused but the rest of you type too much! 😉

Drac

Morgs last night.

hora
    Free Member

fubar – Member
    Mmmm. One or two of the staff in there have also been too vocal in taking the piss out customers in ear-shot of other customers (not just once). Might not be entirely relevant other than ‘it’s not cool’ (but I’m sure they think they are). I think one or two staff in there shouldn’t be in ‘customer service’

Wild guess- he had tattoo’s on his arms?

Show violence infront of my son?

This is in a broad and O/T context:

There is something called context. If you get into an argument and punch/headbut someone your son has no reference point to a right or wrong shouting and swearing saying ‘come on then you c*nt’.

If you restrain or object/defend someone within a situation and it explained afterwards your son learns a valuable life lesson.

If you do nothing and move on then your own life is none the richer.

Saying all this my Father was a very violent man who hit people out of any sort of context and its not made me the same.

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘so i witnessed bikeshop staff threatening young kids’ is closed to new replies.