• This topic has 66 replies, 34 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by hora.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)
  • so i witnessed bikeshop staff threatening young kids
  • hora
    Free Member

Well done Harry Hall Cycles. Well done. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Circa 5 early teen boys, ok they were being a PITA, on bikes (a few nice early-adoptor bikes) and as kids do they were asking too many questions. Now I didn’t witness the start but they were winding the staff up no doubt. A couple of the kids were polite and made way for me/my son. Just because they didn’t have a bulging wallet out? Why the swearing and threatening to punch the kids in the mouth?

Seriously uncool and I hope you are ashamed if you post on STW. Believe me if you’d have physically touched those children I would have protected them.

So what if they were mouthy? Man up. Don’t threaten them infront of a potential customer.

yesiamtom
    Free Member

i think there are other places that you sohuld report this to.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

No make sure you do it where no one can see you. 😯

legend
    Free Member

Did you say this to the shop staff? Or just use the, much more effective, approach of waiting to say it to the intarweb?

hora
    Free Member

Who to? Its a one store bikeshop so no one to answer to.

monksie
    Free Member

Two shop working guys in Evans on Deansgate yesterday man handled some teenage scrotes out of the door. I’d have given each of those kids a boot up the arse as well.
    I was there with my wife and daughter to try and buy a bike, not have to listen to the little gobshites mouthing off and generally being dickheads.
    What would have been the better option Hora? Ask them ever so nicely to be not so rude and kindly apologise to all before exiting the store in a civilised manner?

GW
    Free Member

did you “man up” and tell the shouty, punchy, threateny men how you felt before running off to type on your ‘puter?

Jamie
    Free Member

Ain’t not telling off like a STW-as-proxy telling off.

You get ’em tiger!

Shandy
    Free Member

There was nearly a bloodbath. But there wasn’t.

GW
    Free Member

Ah.. I type too slow… pathetic hora, pathetic 😕

Junkyard
    Free Member

Believe me if you’d have physically touched those children I would have protected them.

Do you have a costume.

hora
    Free Member

Monksie I know the type you mean. These kids didn’t look ‘Salford types’.

GW no maybe I should but I’ll pop them an email (not that’d visit the place again anyway).

Jamie
    Free Member

Do you have a costume.

No need. You can’t polish awesome.

crikey
    Free Member

South Manchester middle class vigilante in too upset to finish espresso shocker?

hora
    Free Member

Should I write a strongly worded letter to my MP? 😆

Jamie
    Free Member

Should I write a strongly worded letter to my MP?

Just make sure you sign it with someone else’s name to avoid any blowback.

monksie
    Free Member

“These kids didn’t look ‘Salford types'”

Sorry?

morgs
    Free Member

hang on a minute – you’re kicking off about the shop owner being abusive to kids, infront of you and your kid, but if he’d have go physical you would have abused him in front of your own son???

Warped logic there my friend

GW
    Free Member

no maybe I should but I’ll pop them an email

Ha ha ha 😀

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koJlIGDImiU&ob=av2e[/video]

crikey
    Free Member

There is a man, a man who would not stand by and watch, a man who plays with people like a mountain man plays a banjo.

But he goes to zoos.

Jamie
    Free Member

But he goes to zoos.

Genuine lol.

anto164
    Free Member

morgs – Member

hang on a minute – you’re kicking off about the shop owner being abusive to kids, infront of you and your kid, but if he’d have go physical you would have abused him in front of your own son???

Warped logic there my friend

Like father like son isnet!

I believe that it’s probably too late, Bets on whether his son is in jail before the age of 21!

Drac

hilldodger
    Free Member

mieszko
    Free Member

More like this:

“Shut up crime!”

project
    Free Member

monksie – Member
    Two shop working guys in Evans on Deansgate yesterday man handled some teenage scrotes out of the door. I’d have given each of those kids a boot up the arse as well.
    I was there with my wife and daughter to try and buy a bike, not have to listen to the little gobshites mouthing off and generally being dickheads.

Posted 31 minutes ago # Report-Post

and if you walk out of the door of Evans, up the side street,100 yards, you will arrive at Manchster central Police station, full of Police officers who are trained and capable of removing said oiks to a nice concrete cell.

Oh and its not that far to Harry Halls as well.

yossarian
    Free Member

roddi18
    Free Member

Ever wished you hadn’t started a thread?

ilovemygears
    Free Member

just to say people in there are really nice!!!

monksie
    Free Member

Project. I’m more than aware where central Manchester nick is (being a local) and also that any bobby in there would have probably done verty little other than say “chuck the shits out” but thank you anyway, cocker.

I’m confused now. Who’s son, and who was going to kick off about kicking off in front of saome random not previously mentioned son?

morgs
    Free Member

monksie – read the op again.

Hora says

Believe me if you’d have physically touched those children I would have protected them.

which leads me to believe that, if the owner had got physical, Hora would have replied in kind.

Earlier in the post, Hora says

A couple of the kids were polite and made way for me/my son

Maybe I’m just jumping to conculsions here, but it seems to me that Hora would have given the guy in the shop a bit of a slap if he’d have kicked of on the kids. This, in my opinion is nothing short of a disgusting thing to do infront of your own child.

Does this make sense now?

monksie
    Free Member

Yes. No longer confused. Thank you.

hora
    Free Member

Back from the pub. I’m confused dot com 😀

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Morgs – stopping an adult from assaulting a kid is a disgusting thing to do in front of your own child?

crikey
    Free Member

In a Zoo?

hora
    Free Member

I wouldn’t give anyone abit of a slap. You’ll find me as the most non-violent person and happy-go-lucky in person. I do hate inbalance or someone suffering though. Maybe I should get one of those suits above like the Salford lad who ‘patrols’ the streets at night 😀

nbt

Hora, yesterday

For shame, this guy is for real. Read it and weep.

(courtesy of Terrahawk)

Kevevs
    Free Member

can’t be arsed…..

fubar
    Free Member

Mmmm. One or two of the staff in there have also been too vocal in taking the piss out customers in ear-shot of other customers (not just once). Might not be entirely relevant other than ‘it’s not cool’ (but I’m sure they think they are). I think one or two staff in there shouldn’t be in ‘customer service’.

slowrider
    Free Member

Yossarian, that IS hora!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘so i witnessed bikeshop staff threatening young kids’ is closed to new replies.