Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • So I went to Iceland…
  • jam-bo

it were reet good. already planning on how to go back, although heli-biking with the Icebike guys we met is very appealing.

Some pics.

Some words and pics by Tom the guy I went with:

http://icelandicfatfun.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/not-across-iceland-on-fatbike-write-up.html

njee20
    Free Member

Was Peter Andre there?

ThePinkster

Iceland as a place has always fascinated me but I’ve never been there and I’m quite envious of anyone who has. Some of the scenery in your photos looks amazing.

Bet that river crossing was quite chilly. 😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jam-bo

Bet that river crossing was quite chilly.

that was the end of the sketchy wide, deep fast one, you didn’t notice the cold…

bajsyckel

Nice one. Good read. Looks great. Feeling envious. Been “researching” possible summer (bike) and spring (ski touring) trips there ever since finding out I can get there on easyjet now.

captain_bastard
    Free Member

In Iceland right now, what a great place, even my couch potato daughter loves it, 120km on quad bikes yesterday. Already planning return trip with me bike…

Really good write up btw, trip looks epic (legs felt tired just reading it!)

jam-bo

ever since finding out I can get there on easyjet now.

we did easyjet from bristol. about £240 with bikes I think.

trip looks epic (legs felt tired just reading it!)

it had its moments. I really want to go back and do the laugavegur trail but it was still a couple of metres deep in snow and would have involved a lot of hike a bike.

matt_outandabout

*like* button needed.

dbcooper
    Free Member

I think HansRey is out there with IceBike right now.
    https://twitter.com/HansNoWayRey

rOcKeTdOg

Very jealous, was it expensive apart from the flights?

jam-bo

those are they guys we met a landmannalaugar. awesome setup, 5 days shuttling and 1 day heli-biking. Although it looks like the wheel just fell off their support vehicle.

Very jealous, was it expensive apart from the flights?

If you already have the bikepacking gear then not really. campsites were about £10 a night, huts about £30. you can wild camp pretty much everywhere outside of a few national park areas.

fasthaggis

Great write up,pushing fat bike wheels through fast/deep water must be a bit scary 😯

catbaiter
    Free Member

…pushing fat bike wheels through fast/deep water must be a bit scary

It was. I tried not to cry as I know how uncomfortable Jim (Jam Bo) is with negative emotions.

jam-bo

Great write up,pushing fat bike wheels through fast/deep water must be a bit scary

I was scared just watching..

slackalice
    Free Member

Any trees?

maxtorque

Looks awful.

😛

#marvintheparanoidandroid

toys19
    Free Member

Oh my, the write up is really good, the last day was 98km on a fat bike, I am impressed. Looks amazing and even though I don’t know either of you I felt immensely proud of you for making it to the end.

jam-bo

Any trees?

Plenty in the south and lower down, but trees generally also meant midges too and lots of them.

catbaiter
    Free Member

Oh my, the write up is really good, the last day was 98km on a fat bike, I am impressed. Looks amazing and even though I don’t know either of you I felt immensely proud of you for making it to the end.

Thanks, kind of you to say so.

That last day was a motherhumper. Fortunately it ended with beers and lots of hot food (not noodles!).

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

I was expecting a Findus Crispy Pancake offer PSA. 🙁

catbaiter
    Free Member

Dragging this post back into the light of day. But if you’re Bristol based I’ll be doing a talk on our Iceland trip at the Source Food Cafe in St Nicks Market from about 6pm tomorrow. It’s free, but donations and profit from the bar go to the MNDA.

Not Across Iceland on a Fatbike

Cheers,

Tom

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘So I went to Iceland…’ is closed to new replies.