Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • So I went into the O2 shop yesterday.
  • fubar
    Free Member

as mentioned above (I think) …the Apple store wanted me to make an appointment to buy an iPhone 🙄 (and also to have photo id…strange how O2 didn’t need that).

<edit> The only part of this experience which amused me was the hi-tech appointment system the apple store were using..paper on a clipboard and biro ! – this was pre- iPad so perhaps they’ve got an app now </edit>

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

‘iPoddy’

😆

Should’ve just farted in there then left, Peter.

Cougar

I used to work in a phone shop a prided myself on my product knowledge at the time.

It’s a shame more people don’t think like this. I’ve dealt with shop assistants like this, but it’s far from the norm sadly.

I think this is down to a lot of them not getting paid commision these days.

With respect, I think that’s rubbish. You shouldn’t need comission in order to do a good job. I’d like to think that I do a good job that I take pride in, and I’m about as likely to get comission as I am to get fellated by Angelina Jolie.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Frankenstein
    Free Member

Door bell – could it be Angelina Jolie?

Ipoddy Peter – let us know how you get on with reception or Skype as I might order one soon Cheers!

nickc

Elfin you should have said. I gave my old iphone to my SIL, when I upgrade i’ll let you have my old one, OK?

aracer
    Free Member

i was browsing a coffee table book while my gf was looking at cars and they let me keep it, they also didn’t have any dr pepper in the fridge so sent beloved a crate which was nice.

You could of course have bought a slightly cheaper car, and paid for a coffee table book and a crate of DrP yourself, and still had change.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

O2 shops dont/can’t give as good a deal as online or just ringing them up.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Aracar it’s not my money to spend hence why I was sitting at a table Reading a book, what I’m saying is the customer came first. My point is good customer service. Even when I buy a newspaper I get a good service from the papershop. Why is there such a divide between phone shops and other retailers?

aracer
    Free Member

Yeah, but my point is that such CS isn’t free – somebody (your gf/her company?) was paying for you book and her drink. The question is, are you happy to pay more for good CS in a phone shop? If so, great – I’ll set up a shop providing brilliant CS and even let you order an iPhone, and only charge you £100 more for the privelege (and give you £50 worth of CS <rubbing hands at the thought of all the money I’ll make>)

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Elfin you should have said. I gave my old iphone to my SIL, when I upgrade i’ll let you have my old one, OK?

Ooh thank you! 😀

King-ocelot
    Free Member

In this case it was free (to us) she got another marque in the end. Phone companies make more profits than most low volume/ niche car brands (yea I know Porsche are currently in profit) and more than Sam who sells newspapers a few doors down, yet they still can’t hire trained staff who value the customer and are not rude.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Good customer service costs nothing. Especially as there were 3 staff and I was the only customer in the shop. They just couldn’t be bothered.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

+1 peterpoddy

there was a sketch on a tv show years ago. About a man trying to buy a hifi in the 1980’s think it had Smith and Jones in it, you could replace the hifi with a phone and it’s vaild today as ever. Richer sounds gave good customer service in a poorly served area and did very well from it. Why can’t something likewise be done with phones? There’s a huge Market for it and many unhappy customers.

Curly68
    Free Member

Well I upgraded last week. Went into the local O2 shop and said what can I have for free on the same tariff? One bloke took me through all the smartphones I could have. Went away and did some research on them. Went back in a couple of days later and saw the assistant manager. Said I would like a HTC Desire on upgrade pleas, same tariff. Yes, that will be £59 please! The bloke made a mistake apparently and I had to pay for the phone. No amount of bartering, do you know how long I have been with O2 etc would get the price down.
    Went up to Carphone Warehouse and walked away with a HTC Desire as an upgrade on O2 within 30 mins, slightly cheaper tariff but an extra £5 for 500mb so made that even. All for free! Very good customer service in there.

lipseal
    Free Member

Talking about O2, got a service text off them today informing me that as of the 25/10/10 I will have pay 20 pence per MMS. Phoned them, as u do, and was informed that this will be across the board but will be able to have a bolt on £5 for 50 MMS. Been with them for 7 years, time for a change me thinks. 😐

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘So I went into the O2 shop yesterday.’ is closed to new replies.