Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • So I was at the Post Office today..
  • bearnecessities

..and I got asked what was in the 2 packages I was sending.

A bit surprised, I asked why.

“We have to ask everyone what they’re sending”

I queried whether she just wanted to know if it was a restricted item, but apparently she needed to know the contents or she couldn’t accept it!

She’s a nice old lass, so I wasn’t going to take issue with her, but is this right? Is she just getting the rules muddled?

Weak Googling powers brings up a few similar grumpy threads with respective confusion, but I can’t find anything official.

I’m not sure how I feel about it; I’m not all precious, just something seems a bit ‘not right’ 😕

heavyman
    Free Member

Not sent anything for a while but don’t recall ever being asked, even sending by registered mail. Maybe she was wondering if it was anything worth stealing 🙂

Kuco

You should have told her it was a blow up sheep and a 12″ rubber cock.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

So what was in the packages then ?

bearnecessities

A blow up sheep and a 12″ rubber cock.

heavyman
    Free Member

“You should have told her it was a blow up sheep and a 12” rubber cock. “

Thanks I just spat out my coffee, good idea though!

hounslow
    Free Member

I have been asked before, but it’s usually regarding how much to charge for recorded/insured post. So I have ‘bent the truth’ in the past to keep prices down.

wwaswas

See thread from last week re liion batteries. They’re cracking down.

twoniner
    Free Member

Yeah, I’ve been asked before. There was a thread on here last week about it, it’s all to do with dangerous goods, batteries and so on.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Well she was probably asking because of the shape of the 12″ rubber cock package then. I would have asked too if I’d been her.

heavyman
    Free Member

So it’s up to the old lady to decide if what you are sending is dangerous, great, SWAT teams at the ready!

Surely they just ask if you are sending batteries or explosives.

bearnecessities

ernie_lynch – Waiting for a Member

Well she was probably asking because of the shape of the 12″ rubber cock package. I would have asked too if I’d been her.

Don’t worry, I wrapped it discretely 😉

Kuco

Never been asked at the post office but had FedEx ring up and ask what I had ordered from America once.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘So I was at the Post Office today..’ is closed to new replies.