• This topic has 2,850 replies, 64 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by TiRed.
Viewing 40 posts - 2,801 through 2,840 (of 2,851 total)
  • So I want to try road racing + build a bike specifically for this
  • crazy-legs

Anyone else the wrong side of 40 and still racing BC?

Well I’m 40 and still do the odd few BC races here and there just to keep my eye in and maintain a decent level of fitness. Long since given up the idea of points chasing. Happy enough sitting in the bunch and minding my own business!

Never do any TLI or LVRC.

Haze

Double post

Haze

Enjoyed the LVRC stuff this year, done one or two in previous years but committed to a few more this time. Standard is pretty good tbh.

Did one TLI just to check it out, will definitely get a membership next year seeing as it’s only about £20 anyway.

BC license as well more than likely, midweek crits will be good training and do enjoy the road races. Just feel like I’m burning far too many matches to arrive at the sharp end of the sprint, and no chance of making a break stick!

Leigh2612
    Free Member

Crosshair…inset day for me monday leading into 4 night shifts. Arrrrgh!
    Maybe a good opportunity to get the racer dropped in for the new rings/ bars (moar aero)/ tape it needs.
    I’m sure that increase in aerosity will make all the difference difference next year!!

Leigh2612
    Free Member

Difference Difference? My fingers are drunk…

TiRed

“Anyone else the wrong side of 40 and still racing BC?”

Well I started racing BC at 45. Now the wrong side of 50 as you put it, and raced Cyclopark winter Series 2/3 race today. Attacked once, tried to bridge to a rider up the road (pretty much my only points strategy), and was outsprinted for 12th on the line. But a third of the field were off the back, so it was nice to be in the mix.

That won’t be the case tomorrow at Ottershaw.

Still need five points for 2nd Cat. I joined lvrc one year, but couldn’t get into any races as they sold out so fast. Better to race with the kids 😉

EDIT. Btw we have BC vets circuit races down here. The standard is high and getting higher every year. The V40 and V50 Masters races are more like 2/3 than 3/4. But there is a lot of attacking racing.

Haze

Yeah the LVRC entries all opened at 5am Sunday on RiderHQ…early on in the year most were sold out my the time most folks were putting the roast potatoes on, lots of availability later on although far fewer faces.

Nothing in the Midlands for BC Masters unfortunately, missed the Championships at Rockingham due to holiday.

Good luck with the 5 points!

nathb
    Free Member

Last call for Hillington Tomorrow @12:30

🙂

weeksy

Was chatting with CH on t’other forum we frequent, I suggested 2.30 at Reading but thought it may be too late, sadly, it is.

crosshair
    Free Member

That would be on circuit by 15:30 and Hillingdon Slipstreamers have it booked at 17:00. Plus we’d be coming back in the worst traffic.

I’m sure we’ll go again 🙂

Race on the 02nd Weeksy??

weeksy

Damn mate, I’m so so far away from racing speed it’s untrue. It would be easier to just give someone £20 and save the embarrassing day out.
    At my peak I was 3 laps and dropped, I’m currently way off my peak.

Sorry.

crosshair
    Free Member

Even though there’s no points, I’ve entered anyway as a training race. Be nice to see if I can convert some of the intervals I’ve been doing into tangible performance gains! It’s only 45mins so will just sit near the front and chase anything to see how hard I can make it 🙂

nathb
    Free Member

You’ve pre-entered a race?!

crosshair
    Free Member

Hey? I always do?

crosshair
    Free Member

It’s the anniversary of my first Crit 😀

nathb
    Free Member

You usually just turn up really early and hope for the best!?

crosshair
    Free Member

Lol! Like 1/35 races I did that 😆

TiRed

I’ll send my apologies for this afternoon. Despite the fact I’m sat in an office less than three miles away, after this weekend, today is most definitely a rest day!

If there are more than two of you, try for a good warm up, then 10 2:10-2:15 laps with one third lap turns, changing on the bends. Clockwise would be my choice.

Winter Series entries are up. Looks like they may run separate E12 and 3 races. Will make for more strategic races than in previous years (basically hold on and sprint).

crosshair
    Free Member

Just the two of us I think. I’ll be working on my position and trying to hold on to Naths wheel I expect 😆

May need to find some leg warmers on the way there!

weeksy

crosshair
    Free Member

Got those already 😉

weeksy

obviously you have the pink high heels, what about the leg warmers though ?

crosshair
    Free Member

Came as a set. Don’t match my Skinsuit though so had to get some plain black ones 😀

crosshair
    Free Member

Well that was a fun session. The dataset doesn’t really reflect what we did as there were lots of interruptions on circuit but it was a good 46 miles out in real life 🙂

Highlight for me was a 2.05 anti clockwise at 418w (26.9mph). A couple of laps later, Nath had a go and I clung on for 2/3 lap and finished on 2.04 for 334 watts so I was eking out a bit of draft 😆 Interested to see Nath’s time/speed for that lap!

crosshair
    Free Member

Edit- actually, on the proper segment, it’s giving me 2.03 28.2mph and 449watts 😮

crosshair
    Free Member

The skinny one posted a 1.58 29.4mph 444w time! Nice work Nath 🙂

nathb
    Free Member

Skinny one? 😆

Good session and helped with my working with someone!

Provisional dates for next time:
    Monday 20th Nov
    Friday 1st Dec

crosshair
    Free Member

Well you sure as heck aren’t the fat one 😆

crosshair
    Free Member

Schedule is looking clear so could probably do Monday 20th if anyone else fancies it??

nathb
    Free Member

Monday 20th looking a goer for me 🙂

crosshair
    Free Member

Yep! As long as this sore throat is under control I’m still keen.

nathb
    Free Member

Now that disc brakes are allowed might have to slam my commuter and get testing*

*or not 😆

crosshair
    Free Member

That would properly ruin our pack dynamics though Nath 😆

crosshair
    Free Member

Anyone fancy turning some laps tomorrow? Have a couple of hours work to do first but still aiming for 12:30 or so.

nathb
    Free Member

Off work tomorrow – see ya there! 🙂

TiRed

Rode the last race of the season. An E123 at Lee Valley. Eleven on the start sheet but only six starters. Sooooo could be a guaranteed sixth and quatre points 😀 . Maybe. Anyway it was a 50 minute gritty jetwash. The Garmin elevation trace shows a steady decline in pressure. Bunch attacked itself at every opportunity, but stayed together to the last lap. Short climb over the bmx track entrance where I attacked with 500m to go. Gapped the field and gunned it, but was caught with about 75m to go. Almost. Finished fifth so might have those five points. Not how I planned them, but payback for my unfair DQ. We shall see tomorrow when BC update their rankings.

12:30 tomorrow might be possible for me. Will check the work calendar.

EDIT. Wfh in the morning and a ride to hillingdon looks like a plan!

crosshair
    Free Member

Cool nice one! Fingers crossed- points are points are points if you ask me 🙂

Awesome, see you there!

crosshair
    Free Member

Great news on your points TiRed- you’ve earned them this season!
    Thanks for the session guys. The wind means there’s nothing impressive in the lap data but the legs felt awesome today!!

TiRed

Thanks. Mine felt broken!

nathb
    Free Member

Well that was a bit windy!

Good fun though, cheers for the group riding confidence boost TiRed!

crosshair genuinely kept leaving us for dead 😆

Now to use that energy properly in a race!!

Viewing 40 posts - 2,801 through 2,840 (of 2,851 total)

The topic ‘So I want to try road racing + build a bike specifically for this’ is closed to new replies.