Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • So I want to kill my MIL
  • mugsys_m8

I’m freelance and I’ve not been able to work now for 3 weeks as our childminder is on sick leave (paid) and I’m looking after Mini and Micro Mugsy. Obviously when I’m not working I’m not getting paid.

So we arrange for the MIL to look after them at our home, whilst I work, from home. This morning I had my client’s client on the phone. Amidst all the screaming they asked me if I was babysitting at the same time.

At lunchtime the kitchen had been destroyed by her cooking.
    Then, I go downstairs to get a drink only to find Mini Mugsy (4 1/2), all alone playing by himself and glue on the walls, the house a disaster zone. Micro’s bedoroom was also a disaster zone, she had obviously destroyed it whilst theoretically having a siesta…
    The house is full of flies as all the windows and patio doors had been left open..

The PITA (MIL) had gone out for a walk with Micro apparently, arriving back after about 40 minutes.

I’m so furious I daren’t talk to her so I’ve closed myself up in my office. I can’t work I’m that angry. I can’t bill my client for many hours today, and then there’s the fact of leaving a 4 1/2 year old alone…..

But I must be greatful for having the chance to ‘work’

GRRRRiugsdfghdsffghdfjhsdfjdgh..asdasxs

donsimon
    Free Member

Could be worse.

z1ppy

telling the whole world your plans on the internet, is not conducive to “getting away with it” 😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wwaswas

best let your wife have ‘the conversation’ tbh.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Think in these terms and it might ease the stress

So I want to **** my MILF

binners

Just looking at your garden, are you considering a new patio?

IanMunro
    Free Member

There was a bit on the radio this week about grandparents who got fed up with kids being dumped on them. One of them mentioned that her ploy was to simply do a really rubbish job each time in the hope that she doesn’t get asked again. 😀

kimbers

lock yourself in the toilet and have a nice w@nk, always calms me down

Cougar

The problem there is explaining to your wife subsequently when she asks, “why does the bathroom smell of jism every time my mum’s been round?”

Kimbers, why does the OP having a J Arthur help to calm you down?

mugsys_m8

Mrs Mugsy also wants to kill her……
    PITA also ‘dropped’ a bottle of olive oil on my foot that ‘jumped’ out of the cupboard…

rs
    Free Member

your choice to have kids, suck it up! 😛

coffeeking
    Free Member

Not sure you can complain about the screaming if you choose to work from home. The rest seems annoying. Good luck.

donsimon
    Free Member

PITA also ‘dropped’ a bottle of olive oil on my foot that ‘jumped’ out of the cupboard…

It would appear to be worse now, just like I said.

portlyone

Dig a 6 foot trench in the back garden. Glare at her without ever saying another word.

project
    Free Member

Surely somewhere along the line before deciding to have kids you actually thought that you may one day have to look after them, theyre not videos from the shop, you borrow when you want.and only play them at weekends.

qwerty
    Free Member
    I_Ache
    Free Member

project – Member
    Surely somewhere along the line before deciding to have kids you actually thought that you may one day have to look after them, theyre not videos from the shop, you borrow when you want.and only play them at weekends.

Bollocks, that’s where I’m going wrong…

transapp
    Free Member

project, that’s a bit nobberish surely? When you’ve arranged to have someone look after them (as well as paying someone else to be ill) then maybe being irritated that they’ve gone out with one left alone is understandable?
    Op – maybe your MIL just wants a bit of sweet loving to bring her round?

lodious
    Free Member

She’s trying to help you out? At least show here the respect of talking to her about it, not bitching on the internet.

Stuey01
    Free Member

Bit ungrateful. She should tell you to **** off next time you want a free babysitting service.

TheBrick
    Free Member

You do mine I’ll do yours deal?

mugsys_m8

Well, Mrs Mugsy and I have done a bit of killing and feel much better; Lot less flies in the house too. 😉

I posted here for some light relief, not to be reminded that a dog is not just for Christmas….

I normally work from home (or since the last year or so overseas), when normally during the day I am alone, except at present due to lack of childcare and it being the school holidays, however today has been the 1st time I have tried to work for several weeks rather than playing with the kids. Tomorrow off to work from Mrs Mugsy’s office.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

If you wanted to be able to work you should’ve asked the MIL to take them out for the day. Seems like a pathetic moan to me,you had kids your choice.

weeksy

TBH mate, if you can’t work at home with your kids there then it’s you who needs sorting out, not her.

I worked from home yesterday with my lad… had a very contstructive day and apart from 10 mins clearing up the last of his play-do, i had to do very little for him apart from turning on the Wii and getting his scooter out. P.s He’s just turned 4.

passtherizla
    Free Member

People without kids haven’t got the foggiest mate ignore them…

It does sound like she has done a particularly bad job on purpose so she doesn’t get asked again… 😉

Try doing that with a MY 1 year old weeksy! every bodies kids are different.

weeksy

passtherizla – Member
    People without kids haven’t got the foggiest mate ignore them…

It does sound like she has done a particularly bad job on purpose so she doesn’t get asked again…

Try doing that with a MY 1 year old weeksy! every bodies kids are different

Agree 100%. However it states above his is 4 1/2 years old… not 1.

mugsys_m8

Trying not to bite :roll:…too many people being a bit too serious and missing the banter element..anyway

The thing that really got me was the fact she left a 4 1/2 year old at home whilst she went out for a walk and didn’t tell me. I had no idea for about 1/2 hour and anything could have happened, esp as we have a large house and land. I only found out becuase I decided to go to the kitchen.

That’s not a ‘must be grateful’ issue, nor a ‘I chose to have kids best get on with it’ issue.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

i had to do very little for him apart from turning on the Wii

Isn’t using the babysitter in the corner an offence punishable by death in the STW parenting manual?

passtherizla
    Free Member

Agree 100%. However it states above his is 4 1/2 years old… not 1.

Sorry weeksy… should have read closer. 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

Seems like a pathetic moan to me,you had kids your choice.

I don’t think it is. When he decided to have kids, he decided to have childcare to allow him to work – fair enough.

The issue is that his MIL SAID she was going to look after the kids and didn’t. If she didn’t want to she should’ve said no.

And leaving the kid on his own without even mentioning it – that’s terrible.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

I think you need to hold the mirror up and take a good look in it. If your children mean anything to you then you have to make sacrifices rather than handing them off to others and then moaning about it. I have three now grown up. Bad news for you is that they will need more of your time not less in the future.

molgrips
    Free Member

If your children mean anything to you then you have to make sacrifices rather than handing them off to others and then moaning about it.

This boils my piss. You can hardly come out with a bigger insult than this.

He’s at work. He made childcare arrangements, they fell through, so he made backup arrangements and the person he trusted with his kids did badly. I can’t see what he’s done wrong there.

Unless you think he should not be working, instead caring full time for his kids? If that’s the case then it’s another argument. The fact is that he DOES work and he therefore needs chlidcare. The fact his MiL endangered his kids is not his fault.

Very poor show, Pawsey Bear, very poor indeed. Far too nasty for someone you’ve never met on an internet forum.

therealhoops
    Free Member

I understand mugsys plight. If MIL offers to babysit then MIL should do it properly. Lesson learnt. Find a back up child minder. Mini-TRH (nearly 5)is currently playscheme’s responsibility and I’m guessing £17.50 a day is cheaper than the damage done.

TooTall
    Free Member

Mini-TRH (nearly 5)is currently playscheme’s responsibility

Really? 🙄

passtherizla
    Free Member

I’m with you Molgrips…. Munque_chick’s and Pawsy_Bear’s comments nearly had me shouting at the computer!

Really don’t see what OP has done wrong…

Edit and TooTall… Yes really… double 🙄

rogg
    Free Member

I think you need to hold the mirror up and take a good look in it.

I think you need to get off that high horse.

Bad news for you is that they will need more of your time not less in the future

And that’s bollocks too.

weeksy

Nah, we can’t blame MIL on this one really.

We can to an extent, but she’s not paid to do the job, she’s just a woman helping out her kids. Whilst we could easily argue she should have done a better job, i find that would be quite insulting to her as i’d bet my life she tried her best as she’ll love her grandkids.

I’m not saying the OP is at fault either for wanting/needing to work…

But… i also think his kids should be a bit more responsible at 4 than to trash the house, with or without the MIL being there.

My boy makes mess.. .of course he does, he’s 4…. but he’s then made to tidy it etc before it gets out of hand.

I think all-round it;s just a thread that’s got a little out of hand by bored IT nerds 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

We can to an extent, but she’s not paid to do the job, she’s just a woman helping out her kids.

So what? If I said ‘oh yeah I’ll fix your bike’ and trashed it, you’d be annoyed, wouldn’t you?

Ok so you might not get the perfect experience, but leaving a kid in the house with you when you are trying to work (ie shut off and alone) and not telling you?! Wtf?

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

My children always remained my responsability. If I engaged a third party to look after them and they did a poor job then its still my responsability. Its my job to make sure that the third party looks after them properly and not just ignore the situation and lock myself in my rooom. I would explain to the MIL what I expected. Maybe the problem here is communication and accpetance of responsability.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘So I want to kill my MIL’ is closed to new replies.