Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • So i wanna ride wc2c next year! Any advice?
  • adamhood
    Free Member

So, I would like to ride the wales coast to coast next year (end of summer), I know that i’m not ready to ride the 205 miles at the moment, and I also know that it will involve a fair amount of training.
    But is it going to be impossible for an average guy to do it? Also will it be much harder than I think it will be?

I love riding and was wondering if it was a good idea to try out some enduro challenges first (during the start of the year) or just go straight into doing wc2c?
    Also is there a right way to improve your endurance or just keep riding your bike that little bit longer/further?

Any tips would be much appreciated 🙂

Alpha1653

I rode it this summer, leading a group of soldiers along the route. We didn’t just do a straight line point to point but rather hit just about every trail centre along the way. PM me you email address and I’ll send you the GPX files if I can find them.

As for training, most of the guys hadn’t really ridden proper mtb routes before let alone done any training; therefore it is plenty achievable for someone of a decent level of fitness and a fair amount of determination and some experience on a bike.

As for tips…get some support is the main thing. Doing it with no-one to ride with at least or even better, to meet you at each stop with a warm van and a cup of tea makes things ten times harder. It’s not impossible though as we rode past guys divvying each night with absolutely no more support than the stuff they could carry on their backs.

Prepare to get wet and have plenty of changes of clothing (esp socks!) Oh, and food: eat lots.

DO IT!

adamhood
    Free Member

Hi, I tried to email you and cant find a pm button! lol
    my email address is adam22hood@aol.com
    any help with maps would be a great help, I’m really looking forward to pushing myself to do it!
    cheers

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

There’s a few different routes out there IMO one of the best was compiled by Ian from Wildcat Gear and runs from the Great Orme to Worms Head. If you have a search around on the Bear Bones Forum you should find some info.

I do hope you’ll be doing it self-supported … makes it much more of an adventure. 😉

Alpha1653

Msg seen. I’ll track down the gpx files from the route we actually took and send them to you. The only bit we couldn’t do was over the brecons due to a safety issue.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘So i wanna ride wc2c next year! Any advice?’ is closed to new replies.