Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • So I turned left at a no left turn junction and…
  • dannybgoode

Two minutes later saw some blue flashing lights in my mirror.

Entirely my fault-grumpy toddler and having to go a mile out of my way moment of induced driving naughtiness.

Copper asked if I knew what I’d done so fessed up and he said, yeah and the light was red.

****, hadn’t even noticed that.

He just have still had done festive cheer left though as he left me go with a gentle ticking off so won’t be doing that again in a hurry.

As an aside Sheffield’s finest have a good reputation for using discretion etc and any dealings I’ve ever had with then have been very positive so hats off to them (note I have never actually done anything wrong as such but have been in the odd delicate situation before as well as having dealings with them as a ‘victim of crime’).

CountZero

Good to see that discretion and goodwill are still around. I overtook a slow moving van once, in a bit of a hurry as I was following an ambulance with my dad in, and got pulled by an unmarked police BMW. I’d got up to 70 as I overtook, in a 60, I explained why I was in a rush and he let me off, just saying take it easy.
    If you’re clearly not a complete arse, discretion is usually the best answer.
    Happy New Year. 😀

mrsfry
    Free Member

You should have got 50 years on a penal colony

and no pudding

zippykona

They only let you off as you left turned onto a cycle way and killed 3 cyclists. Bastards.

leffeboy

and no pudding

is that in an unfitgeezer kind of way?

Same happened to my wife last week. Got let off after small talking to. Seems like a good way to handle it

mrsfry
    Free Member

You allowed a female to drive a horseless carriage! You sir deserve to get flogged by a swarm of fishmongers, then sent to a retreat in the country till you come to your senses

TheDTs
    Free Member

I was out scrumping for firewood in a large open common area in Bristol a few weeks ago, My dad and my two nephews were also in attendance. drove onto the grass, lights off started loading a few logs in the back, car comes onto the grass then turned on his flashing blue lights.
    I wonderd over to them, proper sorry looking face.
    He asked what we were up to, so I said just collecting a bit of firewood, we’ll get going.
    He replied with a cheery “okay, carry on”

I was quite surprised, I was expecting a fine as a bare minimum..

imnotverygood

I was out scrumping for firewood in a large open common area in Bristol a few weeks ago, My dad and my two nephews were also in attendance. drove onto the grass, lights off started loading a few logs in the back, car comes onto the grass then turned on his flashing blue lights.
    I wonderd over to them, proper sorry looking face.
    He asked what we were up to, so I said just collecting a bit of firewood, we’ll get going.
    He replied with a cheery “okay, carry on”

I was quite surprised, I was expecting a fine as a bare minimum..

That was probably PC Wenceslas

Pook

Which junction Danny?

Kryton57

is that in an unfitgeezer kind of way?
    Same happened to my wife last week. Got let off after small talking to. Seems like a good way to handle it

Not sure if I’m reading this in the right context… 😀

dannybgoode

@Pook – turning left on to Abbeydale Road from London Road where one turns in to the other (I think) then pulled up just after Broadfield Road junction…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘So I turned left at a no left turn junction and…’ is closed to new replies.