Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • So i nearly got hit today…..
  • gnusmas

by 2 cyclists – and i was in my car!

I was going through a village following a caravan doing 20mph, approached cross roads and 2 cyclists came out of the left junction and nearly into the side of my car. I looked in my mirror and they carried on out – in front of the car behind me, right to the middle of the road. He/she stopped the car, pretty sure they had words.

Why don’t some people look when coming to a junction to make sure it is clear before coming out of it? It wasn’t even a junction on a blind bend, it is a straight bit of road.

darrenspink
    Free Member

The worst road cyclists are the ones who don’t drive.

gwaelod
    Free Member

and they don’t pay road tax

nickjb
    Free Member

Why didn’t you let them out? You were travelling slowly behind an even slower vehicle, sounds like you should clearly see the junction. Would you have let them out if they were in a car?

njee20
    Free Member

Why didn’t you let them out? You were travelling slowly behind an even slower vehicle, sounds like you should clearly see the junction

The implication that they came straight out and into the side of the OPs car suggests they weren’t standing there waiting, and in a moment of frustration pounced into traffic…

gnusmas

Exactly njee, they weren’t waiting they just came out into the road as i was going past the junction

brakes
    Free Member

I see cyclists doing this a lot thinking that because they’re riding in the gutter that they’re not inconveniencing other road users.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Bloody cyclists, shouldn’t be on the road anyway.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘So i nearly got hit today…..’ is closed to new replies.