Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • So, I made this edit about me doing some riding in Sheffield :)
  • jedimaster
    Free Member

After my January exams I decided to make a short vid about me riding in different places in and around Sheffield (Bolehills DH, Parkwood Springs, Greno Woods and many others).

Enjoy 🙂

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS2AcceGDOQ[/video]

it’s in Full HD btw 🙂

racefaceec90

i like that 😀

especially the helmet camera clips (reminds me of a hovering kestrel 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Film, not edit. You may have edited your film, but that doesn’t make it an edit.

Nice, though.

jedimaster
    Free Member

and this is what happens if you shred a little bit too much lol

shifter
    Free Member

I’m a right pedant and even I think it’s a nice edit. There’s no film involved 😉

robbo
    Free Member

Nice, but what the hell is wrong with your cables at 2:35 – way too long they are touching the fork crown!

jedimaster
    Free Member

Good spot robbo! it looks like i need to trim my front shifter cable then!

caffeineoldbean
    Free Member

Nice film? The out take did make me laugh. 😆

richpips
    Free Member

Nice, enjoyed that.

Ignore the pedant, no film or for that matter riding skills c_nuts. 🙂

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Really promising opening, but – if you don’t mind some constructive criticism – there was too much helmet cam. A shorter edit with at least half the helmet cam footage cut out would make it twice as good. Also, for your next feature, lift the helmet cam up so we see some footage down the trail – so we see what you’re seeing – rather than the floor by your front wheel. Looks like you’re having fun.

Looks like an iMovie edit, yes?

Pook

See that little kicker at 1.39?

I built that 🙂

jedimaster
    Free Member

stilltortoise – yeah I agree, the angle of the helmet cam is not ideal. Close – it was done using Final Cut Pro X (i got the 30 day free trial)

jedimaster
    Free Member

Pook, it’s a sweet feature 🙂

jedimaster
    Free Member

Film, not edit. You may have edited your film, but that doesn’t make it an edit.

Nice, though.
    http://www.pinkbike.com/news/video-how-to-make-a-sick-edit-2014.html

it’s an edit hahahaha!

jaaaaaaaaaam
    Free Member

sick edit bro

But seriously, rear shock cam is cool.

allfankledup

So what cameras did you use – on and off the bike..

steveh

Pook – was it you who took the bridge and drain out to build that kicker? I put those in over a few years as the best way to deal with the water and keep the walkers who use it sweet. There was a kicker in the same place just a bit more subtle!

Pook

No there was no bridge there when I put the kicker in. My rule is that if there’s something already there it’s not to be messed about with but there wasn’t so I tried to tidy it up a bit. I had put the drain back in at first with that wooden drain pipe, deepening the channel a bit and putting a slab bridge over the top as it just kept getting flooded and boggy on that corner but that went pretty soon and after that I just packed the kicker up a bit.

steveh

Aye figured that might be the case, I’ll head up when I get chance and give it a decent sort out there. Drainage of the stream and bit before both need sorting out and a general prune etc. I’ve been looking after that bit for years now, but was a bit slack for the last year or so!

jedimaster
    Free Member

So what cameras did you use – on and off the bike..

it was all filmed using go pro hero 3 black

2 sticky mounts on the helmet and one sticky mounted on the frame for the shock and fork cam

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘So, I made this edit about me doing some riding in Sheffield :)’ is closed to new replies.