Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • so i made a snowboarding video….
  • philconsequence
    Free Member

🙂

music ranges from chimpspanner to Michael Jackson, to roots manuva to moonlight sonata… something for everyone hopefully!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Very good it is too Mr Consequence, makes me want to hit the slopes 8)

philconsequence
    Free Member

cheers dude, you posted too quick to have watched it so i’m going on the fact you watched it at the weekend 😉

stumpynya12
    Free Member

Looks well mint Mr C and as I’m out to La Plange Saturday early doors it brought a big grin to my face. Nice to see boarders just having some fun, good on you for filming and sharing it.

philconsequence
    Free Member

cheers stumpy 😀

i wanted to make a video that shows everyone having fun and eventually nailing whatever they were struggling with… for some that was simply turning onto their toe-edge for others it was the rails or jumping. we were never going to look like we were in “that’s it, that’s all” so i wanted to keep it as real as possible.

everyone chose their own tracks which kept it as a nice mix i think 🙂

i spent the whole holiday worrying more about where my head was pointing to get good shots than my own riding… think it helped stop me focussing on my technique so stuff definitely felt more natural, however i did find myself following people the whole holiday and missing out on a lot of time just to shred down a run for my own pleasure! Well worth it though as i haven’t got bored of watching the video yet 8)

stumpynya12
    Free Member

Some of us like to give time to help others enjoy what we already are able to do,boarding or mtb’in. I can never get enough of seeing people click with things and watching that massive smile when they nail even the simplist things and achieve their own personnal goals.

STW group boarding trip sometime 😉

fbk
    Free Member

Nicely edited bit of video 🙂

Scary thing is, I recognised the first few scenes, then realised where it was filmed. I was racing down that slope in the summer and it didn’t look much different 😯

titusrider
    Free Member

Watched the whole thing, makes me sooo annoyed….. Im not getting to go this year 🙁

Really good vid and even as a skiier makes me want to get out there

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Entertaining, image quality very watchable. The wide long green slopes under the DMC are ideal for practising technique.

Kaan and RichC need to roll pelvis forward (tuck bum in) and keep torso and head vertical. They’ll then balance better and be able to use legs to angulate the board and press edges in to make the board carve rather than slide through turns. I did this for ages until someone pointed it out to me 🙄

DezB
    Free Member

Great stuff Phil. Will watch the rest at lunchtime 🙂

Woody
    Free Member

Too long for now but will watch tonight. Looks to be very well done and good quality having only watched the first few minutes.

Oh, and I’m jealous as it doesn’t look like I’m going either this year 😐

philconsequence
    Free Member

cheers everyone 😀 feel free to spread it about to your snowboarding buddies as the traffic on vimeo might make me feel like a king by the evening 😆

superfli
    Free Member

I’ll watch this tonight for ideas, as I’ve got gigs of film that I need to compile into some sort of vid after returning from snowboarding last Sunday. Thing is, I just cant find the time to do get round to it.

I have some good angles with the GoPro, helmet side, helmet top, wrist mount, and pole mount forward+backwards (looks cool!). It will also feature me getting completely knocked out for 2mins lol! (I got carted off to med centre oops!), but pics of me and mate upside down the next day 😆

willard

Dammit. Now I wish I was back on the slopes myself. Ah well, only another year or two to wait.

philconsequence
    Free Member

started off with 44gbs of stuff to cut down myself…. my advise would be to roughly chop it up to the bits you need to keep but dont do any fine tuning until you’ve chosen some music to put in the background… no point wasting time carefully trimming each clip to them move them and change them to fit to a beat or so people crash at the right point 😉

plumber
    Free Member

I’ve tried to watch it twice now, does nothing for me I’m afraid

I’m also glad I board in the US and therefore very far away from groups like you lot

Yup – I know I’m in a minority but just for balance

Plum

philconsequence
    Free Member

hi plum, just wondering what the guys in the video have done that is any different to people boarding in the US?

cheers for giving the video a go anyway dude 🙂

plumber
    Free Member

I find 2 things stand out a mile in the US/Canada

1 Its much more family orientated and I see that as a great thing

2 The boarding/skiing is generally at a much better standard, not so much emphasis on park/tricks – in fact a lot of parks have been closed due to litigation issues

Generally everyone is out to have a good time, really take time to chat around the hill and help out if there are any problems

I’ve noticed that where there are a lot of ‘English’ people around the vibe plummets – Louise, Banff area and now Fernie has started to suffer

All I need to hear is another whining uk voice and I’m straight out of the bar if possible

That said a lot of Canadians are **** too so I avoid them if possible

🙂

This time last week I was at Blacktail Mountain Montana – most runs I never saw another person, 3-5 inch powder runs all day and couple of interesting character to chat too – lifties really nice to chat too

Service is king there and it shows

philconsequence
    Free Member

sorry about my friends standards of boarding/skiing… we all have to start somewhere i guess, and i didnt want to edit it to make everyone look like they were better than they were.

the park stuff was the better footage to use for the video… throughout the holiday i’d say we only spent about 10-15% of our time in the park the rest of the time we got way from the main resort and went over the valley to a side that was nearly empty each day, no ski schools, hardly any others on the mountains… just where everyone split up into ability groups i stayed behind with mrsconsequence so missed a lot of great footage of the guys doing the powder runs.

Generally everyone is out to have a good time, really take time to chat around the hill and help out if there are any problems

does the video make it seem like we weren’t out to have fun or aren’t friendly people? bit worried if it does as we all had a great holiday and got on great with everyone we came across 😕

anyway, 🙂 glad you had a good holiday dude! just a bit downhearted that my video has made my friends look like the kinda people you’d leave a place just to avoid. 🙁

plumber
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPFUtsCIqiY[/video]

Phil…if I may be so bold

Everyones is slightly different, I might enjoy other things than you but as long as we’re having fun on a mountain then its all good, I just wouldn’t necessarily want to be on the same mountain as you guys and vice versa I suspect 🙂

I’m glad you had a great time and I can appreciate the amount of effort that goes into a video of that length – it clearly is crafted with great love and care.

I’ve inserted my vid at the top for your perusal – even my brother thinks I’m a **** and he would know.

Cheers

Plum

willard

Plumber, interesting you say that about Banff and the like. I know I fall into your bucket of being English and going on the slopes there, but most of the people I saw during the fortnight were Canadians up for a decent bit of skiing and snowboarding.

I’m not sure I heard anyone complaining either, or whining. People just seemed to enjoy themselves and have a good time. Maybe it was the festive season that was doing it though.

plumber
    Free Member

I have a special ability to pick up on whiners, English or otherwise 🙂

philconsequence
    Free Member

how dare you be so bold?! 😆

i really like the style and pace of that vid dude (great music choice too!)… bit unsure about the swearing personally, but then i was frustrated by the music choice of one of the guys in my video ‘cos of the swearing… just a personal thing.

if it was me i would have thrown a bit more riding footage in it as from an outsiders point of view it looks like you drove there to do one or two runs and then spent the rest of the holiday drunk or cooking 😉 ….. in the same way i can see how it looks like we lived in the park in my video 😆

EDIT – forgot to mention, i like the filters on the vid, fits with the music and adds a nice overall feel 🙂

plumber
    Free Member

Canadians in Banff area are in the main daytrippers from Calgary and I would see more as blackpool daytrippers over here – but like more richerer

Canada/US has many amazing hills I’m **** if I can understand why anyone would go to Lake Louise or Banff

I do kinda have a soft spot for sunshine though

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Wow, that was boring.

plumber
    Free Member

Ta

I edited my 8mm app vid down from 25 mins to that and I only really wanted to show the trip aspect as its really only for my brother and I to see, good knows I’ve seen and done enough riding in the last 2 weeks.

Ditto for the swearing, I have no issue with it and its really only for us anway

As for footage I still have many gigs of go pro and normal cam to go though with masses of riding in that so I may put that vid up at some stage

plumber
    Free Member

@Hexham Stu – ha for you yes, for me its a memory in the making

However its not 45mins long and I count that as a blessing 🙂

willard

Lake Louise has very good instructors. Every time we have gone there, we choose Lake Louise for the first lesson to get us back into the swing of things.

Other than that, I can’t see why people go to Norquay either. It’s rocky, too small and very icy. This year we spent every day but the first at Sunshine just treating the whole place as a playground. It was good.

Next time we might try somewhere new (Europe maybe), or just head back to Banff, but head out to Nakiska for a few days instead.

DezB
    Free Member

Plumber’s video has trees. I like trees.

That’s all I’m going to say as plumber’s first post has made him sound a right stuck up four-stars.

🙂

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

My niece was an instructor an Mt Norquay.

philconsequence
    Free Member

glad you enjoyed hexhamstu 😆

willard

Just out of interest, did we get a conclusive answer on which was the best helmetcam for the money? I know you did a fair bit of digging around about it, but I can’t remember seeing the end result.

Just trying to decide whether the GoPro HD Hero 1080p is 140 quid better than the 960p, or whether I should take the cheaper option. Opinions welcome by the way.

Bunnyhop

Willard –

I can’t see why people go to Norquay either. It’s rocky, too small and very icy.

We (Brits) went there on a day out and it really was some of the best skiing I’ve ever done. Deep, fresh powder, absolutely no lift queues and everyone but us was Canadian. This was 2003.

Hubby was saying that a lot of the piste patrol have been sacked in Sunshine. Something to do with the son of the owner poaching powder.

nbt

Trees rock. I haven;t watched either video yet, but trees rock, big time. As for Norquay being too small, well, I’ve had one of the best days EVER using only two lifts, and neither of them very long – it’s not where, it;s how 😉

Anyway, while we’re on videos, I thought I might share this with you. It’s not me, but it is pretty bloody amazing

[video]http://vimeo.com/6733095[/video]

write-up: http://www.biglines.com/articles/cody-townsend-skis-2000ft-very-very-tight-couloir-jeremy-jones-video

philconsequence
    Free Member

trees do rock… wish i had taken the opportunity to go explore the powder and trees with the guys but mrsconsequence was really struggling on the board (before she changed to skis) and i knew if i deserted her on an empty slope i would have been in trouble!

DezB
    Free Member

some of the best skiing I’ve ever done. Deep, fresh powder, absolutely no lift queues and everyone but us was Canadian. This was 2003.
    Yeah, sounds well rubbish that!
    😯

Woody
    Free Member

Nice one Phil – good to see people havin fun.

Plumber –

However its not 45mins long and I count that as a blessing

You’re not alone – I think cutting out a couple of minutes would have been about right!

philconsequence
    Free Member

feedback from the guys in the video seems to be that they all love it 🙂 makes it all worth it for me! cheers for the comments everyone

surfer
    Free Member

And a very good one it is too!

philconsequence
    Free Member

cheers surfer 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘so i made a snowboarding video….’ is closed to new replies.