Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • So, I just ordered myself a new frame
  • Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I’ve finally secured a decent amount of hours to keep myself going whilst I’m working as a voluntary research assistant, as I had to sell my beloved and one and only bike last February to visit my wifes parents, I decided to treat myself to a new frame.

Just ordered one of these beauties in large! 🙂

She’s going to hang on my wall, each month I’m going to put a little away for new parts. She will be built up with 150mm pikes, 1×10, a 40mm stem and LB wheels. Depending of course, how much cash I manage to get together.

Very excited! This will be my first hardtail in 9 years!

weeksy

congratulations.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Cheers weeksy, probably won’t be able to ride it for 6 months. But hey! It’s a start and something to work for! It’s a final send off before I have to start saving for sensible things, like a mortgage and future kids 😕 .

mikey74
    Free Member

Nice

ultimateweevil
    Free Member

Yeah very nice. Although hanging it on the wall and having to wait 6 months to build it up is going to be absolute torture for you. It would be for me!

wwaswas

I had to sell my beloved and one and only bike last February to visit my wifes parents

😯

Not ridden all year as a result and not for another 6 months. Blimey.

ultimateweevil
    Free Member

That’s dedication/love/stupidity delete as appropriate I guess. If the Mrs asked me to sell mine she’d have to pry it from my cold dead hands I’m afraid 😆

theflatboy
    Free Member

In my experience, every time I’ve bought a frame with a view to taking that long to build in it I’ve cracked a couple weeks in and just ordered the entire buildkit in one go, at all costs… 😆

Euro
    Free Member

Nice. Have you actually ordered and paid for this Tom? If not drop me an email (in profile).

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Nice. Have you actually ordered and paid for this Tom? If not drop me an email (in profile).

😯

Yes, but I can always send it back? 😛 ?????

Guys the point of me not being able to ride it for 6 months is that it will give me a goal to get through doing 60 hours a week, 30 of which won’t be paid. It will torture me, that’s the point!

thegreatape
    Free Member

So does that make you a sadist or a masochist?

Pervert.

Euro
    Free Member

Drop me a mail quick!!!

titusrider
    Free Member

Euro – u tease, not gonna spill the beans?

Euro
    Free Member

I predict a 😯 below 😉

Ok, lets pretend i’m a little touched by Tom’s story, and would like to help a fellow biker who hasn’t had a bike for a while. Since we are only pretending, lets pretend some more. Pretend i live very near a big shop and know some people who work there. Also pretend that they might get a bit of discount on the stuff they make themselves.

teasel
    Free Member

😯

neil853
    Free Member

That looks lovely mate, really nice. Stick with it as when you ride it for the first time it’ll all be worth it. To be honest one of my favourite things is booking a day off work, getting all the bits together, getting a case of beers in and spending thevday building your pride and joy 🙂

scandal42
    Free Member

That is a lovely frame

matther01
    Free Member

Good man Euro…hypothetically speaking of course 😉

robhughes
    Free Member

I too think i can help out here.
    Mail me Tom.

ultimateweevil
    Free Member

I have to say we can be a nice bunch now and again

robhughes
    Free Member

I’m sure we can get Tom riding again quicker than 6 months. 😉

thomthumb
    Free Member

you interested in some 750 mm bars? if so email me.

gingerbiker67
    Free Member

After a frankly not brill day at work, this thread has made me smile. Set of flat bars here if you want.

Can we build a singletrackgoodkarmaworld bike tonight?

dannyh
    Free Member

That’s a great looking frame and will form the backbone of a lovely bike. I may not agree with your world view on some other threads, but at least you seem to have taste in bikes!

Old style wide bars and stem here if you want (by that I mean narrow diameter tubing on the bars, widths is 747mm).

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Oh shit guys. I’m a little drunk as my wife’s mother just flew into the country to visit our abode. I’m touched, can I think about a response to people and get back to you in the morning?

I think some people are more deserving than me, Ton because of all the problems he’s had with his heart and the chap who recently got diagnosed with cancer etc. 😳

Basically, I’m a git who I don’t think deserves it. I’ll give it a quick think but once I am riding I’d love to go for a ride with you all just to say thanks for the thought if nothing else. There’s a part of me thinking that getting a bike in the next month or so will be a quick fix, I think I need to push myself to work harder you see and better myself.

That’s dedication/love/stupidity delete as appropriate I guess. If the Mrs asked me to sell mine she’d have to pry it from my cold dead hands I’m afraid

I’d have regretted if I hadn’t gone, no pressure from her, I got a half decent mark at university because she put me on the right track. Kind of damned if I didn’t go and damned if I did.

robhughes
    Free Member

gingerbiker67.With the amount of gear floating around this place we could build more than one bike.
    It must run into the millions of pounds worth of spares.
    We all know what the addiction is like. 😀

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Just like to add for the people who can’t understand why I sold my bike. My wife, who’s family at one point were wealthy enough to send her to university here, has four younger cousins who basically have no toys whatsoever. Her eldest cousin is 12. Best day of my life was going into Manila and buying a load of knock off lego and making a dozen massive lego tanks and helicopters with them. So yeah, in some ways it was worth it…….sometimes life is about the experiences.

Letting something go was good for me in a way as I’m now starting to appreciate what it means to be able to afford something.

Of course, I have been getting the itch for a ride though…staring out the windows at the landscape with a 1000 yard stare etc…. :mrgreen:

stumpytrek
    Free Member

Almost new 9 speed XT triple chainset that you could easily convert to 1x setup on offer from me…

ryderredman
    Free Member

The geo looks great… How can they manage to put the frame online without the geo?

ryderredman
    Free Member

On the nukeproof website if anyone’s interested. http://nukeproof.com/products/scout-frame/

Also! The bloody seattube lengths differ between the features/geo tables! Wouldn’t last a minute in my place 🙂

wiggles
    Free Member

Looks good. I’ve got a 35mm on one stem that you can have for a tenner if you need it.(email in profile)

darrenspink
    Free Member

Big love coming from the STW massive. Good to see.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Heh cheers guys, I’ve sent you an email Marty partly out of politeness but also because your offer sounds mysterious and intriguing 🙂 Will have a further think on this tonight whilst I sleep.

loughor
    Free Member

OP – my Mrs is a Filipina, similar background to yours, and I’m in HK. If you are in the Flips, passing through HK, I’ve a load of spares you could have also …

Euro
    Free Member

YGM Tom. Next time marry a local girl 😆

ton

Tom_W1987, I have a new set of ritchey flat bars you can have f.o.c

email me a delivery addy.

neil853
    Free Member

Its threads like this that keep me in touch with the forum. Great to see so many offers of help. I have a 10 speed XT mech sat in the garage. Few scrapes but workable all the same

passtherizla
    Free Member

I have a zee chainring barely used and some cable inners, you can have for Nowt. it’s little bits that end up costing the money you know 😉

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

YGM Tom. Next time marry a local girl

I might have done if I lived in Ireland. Love the accent. :mrgreen:

Guys, I’ll get back to you this evening. For now I must entertain my mother in law.

Thanks again, I’ve been rather suprised! 😀

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘So, I just ordered myself a new frame’ is closed to new replies.