Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • So I just ordered a new Compact Camera…
  • jon1973
    Free Member

IXUS 210is to be precise. No memory card included so I need to order one of those as well, but it takes the following types of card;

SD, SDHC, SDXC, MMC, MMCplus and HC MMCplus according the the Canon website.

Which is the best one to get? There doesn’t seem to be a massive difference in price between them, so does it really matter? are some faster than others.

cheers.

rOcKeTdOg

sdhc are a good fast all rounder, had no probs in my cameras with those

jon1973
    Free Member

sdhc it is then. The camera supports up to 8gb in that format and you can get that for £10. Should do the trick.

rOcKeTdOg

is the 210 a 12M camera?, you’ll get loads of pics on an 8gb, buy 2 at 4gb as i tend to lose track of what i have on my 8gb and you could always use one 4gb as a spare or backup etc

jon1973
    Free Member

It’s 14M I think. The 8GB card was only £10, so I’ll probably get a spare anyway. The 4gb ones don’t seem to be any cheaper. The camera takes HD video as well, so I imagine that will cut in to the memory a lot.

I take your point though, my other bridge camera has a 2gb card in it and that get’s no where near full before I load them on to the PC.

rOcKeTdOg

ah, yea HD will fill it quickly and run the battery down (spare battery is a very good idea, loads on Eday fro the fraction of the cost of a “genuine” canon one and last just as long)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘So I just ordered a new Compact Camera…’ is closed to new replies.