Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • So i did cwncarn today
  • fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

5th run in on the long steppy dropps after the tunnel and switch back, nose manual/ nosebonk and then down into the ravine and tree line 🙁

rode it down in agony… trip to newport a n e, both my wrists are now in splints.

potential broken scaploid in both hands and potential broken right wrist. goimg to my local a n e tomoz now i’m home.

both wrists are splinted atm for safety

allthegear
    Free Member

Ouch!

I managed to break the steerer on my forks there…

Get well soon. x

Rachel

Rorschach
    Free Member

Technically,cwmcarn did you.

Bregante

Nightmare, did my left scaphoid in a similar over the bars moment almost two years ago. All the very best

vikingboy
    Free Member

And did mine 4 months ago too!

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

its my first proper trail, on a short frame short travel fr bike with the rear shock rock hard, i did well….

trail_rat
    Free Member

didnt you get that fancy long travel(160mm?) scott ??

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

nt long enough……

kudos100
    Free Member

Tough luck. Go back and ride it again as soon as you can.

atlaz
    Free Member

Came off at the same spot once. Managed to only hit one tree and nothing broken. Took a week till I stopped hurting enough to get the bike out of the car though.

rOcKeTdOg

nasty, well done for typing with two gammy wrists though

Onzadog
    Free Member

How do you wipe your backside?

Lummox

Separated my shoulder on the track in feb, get back on the horse ASAP. It was a blast the other week on my five

Radioman

Bad luck mate. Hope all heals soon . Don’t get put off it gives you some time to think about the technique there is a hell of a lot in the mind too. I spent a lot of time re examining the way i ride after a big crash.

I going to Cwmcarn on Wednesday on my Nomad. If any one is around from here i will say hi.

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

I would love to go back in the dry! the trail was pretty much a river!

We all go from the island once a year and every year one person has done their wrist in.

Its a 350 mile ish round trip so a fair old way to come back after being a n e and being given no pain killers. I had paracetemol in my forst aid kit but that hasn’t touched it.

nosedive
    Free Member

good effort! I went there for the first time a couple of weeks ago and had a terrifying moment after nosediving off one of the drops. unicycling on the front wheel is not the best way to take the second drop. sounds like I got away lightly compared to you though. get well soon

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

i did crash 3 other times in a similar fashion on other parts of the course 🙁

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Broke my scaploid in my right hand 12+ years ago at coed-y-brenin, local a and e couldnt xray it as it was a sunday and closed !! , gave me some pain relief by means of a big needle in my bum cheek ! , and told to go home, had to drive back to Birmingham like that , lads i went with couldnt drive so was left to me to get us all home !!.
    was in plaster for 6 weeks ..

njee20
    Free Member

nt long enough……

Yep, more skills compensation required 🙂

i did crash 3 other times in a similar fashion on other parts of the course

A clue perchance you were out of your depth!?

Healing vibes and all that.

rewski
    Free Member

Scaphoids are a nightmare to heal, had mine screwed and grafted earlier this year. My advice is to get them splintered or cast asap and stay off the bike. Best of luck.

Roblilly
    Free Member

Sounds like your from “the Island” John! I had a trip there a few weeks ago and crashed/heavily and often! going back soon

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘So i did cwncarn today’ is closed to new replies.