Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • So I bought a Dyson DC39 Animal vacuum cleaner
  • Lazgoat
    Free Member

And wow! The DC39 is the cylinder variant rather than the upright which I thought I needed to desk with dog and cat fur. The sales lady said the Turbo head of is really efficient and as good as the uprights.

We’d vacuumed as usual a few days ago and the new machine brought up so much more fur and dirt than I thought possible.

So far, it’s brilliant. If you’re considering one John Lewis price matched Argos, saving us £110!

Rubber_Buccaneer

Has someone been at the sherry?

seavers
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRlC1iwrBUc[/video]

postierich
    Free Member

did it suck up the fleas??

cbike
    Free Member

Just buy some advertising already!

somafunk

The day that i feel excited enough to post a thread on STW about a vacuum cleaner with the opening line of…

And wow!

…is the day that i realise my life has not turned out the way i had planned, and i should turn on the gas whilst flicking lit matches through the open kitchen door.

Personally i don’t worry about whether or not i need a turbo head or the difference between a cylinder or upright as i just lift a couple of boards and sweep the shite that’s lying around into the hole that was left when i got a new heating system installed a couple of years ago – perhaps one of these days i’ll get round to worrying about flooring, whether that be carpet or some form of wood but until then i’ll continue to squander my money and valuable time on drink, drugs and women (and bikes)

ps : some of the above may not be true…. i have never paid for a woman…….

😉

johndoh
    Free Member

saving us £110

?

Lazgoat
    Free Member

Sadly not a fan of sherry and no new news on the flea front, so hopefully no news is good news.

What surprised me the most, was just how good the machine was. It makes you realise how utterly crap all the other vacuum machines I’ve used before were.

binners

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CHKFnV3wx8[/video]

martinhutch

Sherry, you say?

Cue Dramatic Music!

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9ue2-NT5OI[/video]

Rorschach
    Free Member

molgrips
    Free Member

We have one, or possibly an older version, got it ooh.. 7 or 8 years ago. It’s been great, been used for all sorts of tasks including DIY, and has continued to work perfectly. People complain about Dyson on here but I’ve no idea why – perhaps they are moaning about the uprights, I’ve never used one of those.

I specifically wanted a cylinder with a turbo head, and the only other one that I found when shopping was a Miele one and the head was really feeble by comparison. Not to mention it had a bag and cost more.

Only issues with it are that I’ve managed to lose two of the attachments. D’oh.

binners

Over on http://www.domesticapplienceworld.com they’re presently having a discussion about the relative merits of mountain bike wheel sizes 😀

martinhutch

Which hoover vacuuming appliance to bring your carpet alive?

footflaps

We’ve got that model and very good it is too. Washable filter does need a good clean if you vacuum up cement powder…

Cougar

It was already alive, that’s why he bought the Dyson.

dragon
    Free Member

Not to mention it had a bag

OMG not a bag!!! What’s wrong with a bag, nothing, that’s what, actually makes disposing of the waste easier in a self sealing bag.

DezB
    Free Member

Can the OP recommend me a toaster? I punched mine and it blew up, so the replacement needs to be quite robust.

martinhutch

Try punching that.

DezB
    Free Member

YOu idiot! Now I’ve broken my monitor!

Lazgoat
    Free Member

[video]http://youtu.be/4ZOK0-TU6lU[/video]

Indestructible toaster?

stumpy01

Lazgoat – Member
    And wow! The DC39 is the cylinder variant rather than the upright which I thought I needed to desk with dog and cat fur. The sales lady said the Turbo head of is really efficient and as good as the uprights.

We’d vacuumed as usual a few days ago and the new machine brought up so much more fur and dirt than I thought possible.

They must have improved quite a bit then.
    We had a Dyson years ago and when it finally packed in we replaced it with a cheap Samsung upright – think it was about £100. Admittedly, it looks like it was conceived in a old folks home – insipid blue, rather than bright purple and yellow….
    But, the first time we used it, the colour of our living room carpet changed as we were using it and it filled up the dust catcher bit amazingly quickly. It was picking up tons of dirt, hair and dust that the Dyson hadn’t made any impression on.
    We’ve had it for at least 5 years now with no problems and it’s regularly used for hoovering out the car as well as cleaning up after DIY tasks – admittedly, I was a bit concerned how it would fare when hoovering up all the plaster rubble and dust from my last endeavour but it was fine after a filter clean.

It’s also lighter than the Dyson, so easier to lug up the stairs.

Not sure I could justify spending >3x the cost of this one on a Dyson again, given that it works better and is lasting well. The only thing the Dyson did better was look nicer.

AdamW
    Free Member

We bought the same DC39 animal one t’other week. It is very good, the only thing I don’t like about it is the size of the bin. We have a hairy dog and the hair catches around the sides. And it doesn’t hold as much so we have to empty it much more often than we did our DC04.

But as a vacuum cleaner it rocks.

willjones
    Free Member

Just got one too, and I can’t put the thing down. Truly brilliant. We got one of the stick/handheld things at the same time and now spot cleaning is really easy (yes, I acknowledge other manufacturers make small, cordless hoovers). Couldn’t believe what came out of the rugs/carpets, and we thought we were pretty clean. Cleaner house and much happier for it. +1 for the DC39…

molgrips
    Free Member

They must have improved quite a bit then.

I think they have. My original one circa 2000 wasn’t anything like as powerful as the current one.

DezB
    Free Member

it rocks

I can’t put the thing down. Truly brilliant

Maybe if I could get this enthused about cleaning I wouldn’t stink

willjones
    Free Member

it rocks

I can’t put the thing down. Truly brilliant

Maybe if I could get this enthused about cleaning I wouldn’t stink

I don’t think it’s to do with enjoyment; it’s the only thing I can control in a house that contains 1 woman, 2 kids under 3, a near feral car, and a mad springer cross… Back to the cat – watching half a mouse, then quarters, eighths, sixteenths etc go round and round the cylinder is something I won’t forget in hurry.

johndoh
    Free Member

yes, I acknowledge other manufacturers make small, cordless hoovers

yes, I acknowledge Hoover make small, cordless hoovers

Cougar

a near feral car

Christine?

ourmaninthenorth

We had a Dyson years ago and when it finally packed in we replaced it with a cheap Samsung upright – think it was about £100.

We* bought one of those Samsungs after a favourable recommendation vs a Dyson on here (we’d destroyed our Dyson in a house renovation). It was terrible.

We now have a Sebo, which is masterfully German**.

*I

**It’s self propelled. Only forwards, of course (it would have to be an Italian product to have a reverse function***).

***Other cultural stereotypes are available.

willjones
    Free Member

a near feral car
    Christine?

ha! Just had to google that – before my time 😉

Jamie
    Free Member

ha! Just had to google that – before my time

Not sure if books have a particular shelf life.

Cougar

I see what you did there.

willjones
    Free Member

ARGH DEATH BY PEDANTRY. I’m off to find the other half of that mouse.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘So I bought a Dyson DC39 Animal vacuum cleaner’ is closed to new replies.