Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 404 total)
  • So I bought a Defender PT3
  • Tiger6791

Just keep posing his name and business name into this thread.

Repeat it a few times, Goohle tends to like that

wwaswas

Repeat it a few times, Goohle tends to like that

Google like natural language so if you write a paragraph of prose that contains the business name etc it’ll get a far higher rank than just spamming the thread with the name.

Reading the last few posts I’d be thinking of going to the police as a group and reporting him – there’s enough of a pattern to indicate it’s his standard business practice to sell unroadworthy vehicles. Also, if he gets fresh MOTs for these things it would be worth reporting the testing station as there’s clearly something up.

Although the whole police thing is a tricky one if you’re hoping he carries on in business so he can return your money as you don’t want him winding the whole thing up and walking away.

I fear there’s no easy solution and that ultimately he’s expert at stringing people along and giving them just enough cash back each time there’s a crisis to keep them from taking more drastic action.

nodde
    Free Member

Hi Wool thanks for getting back to me, I can’t find your profile info or email, maybe it’s on a privacy setting. My email is Paul.eddon@btinternet.com As there now seems to be 4 of us that have had the same issue in the last few months, unfortunately it seems he is purposely selling dodgy vehicles and then hiding from his moral or legal responsibility of fixing the problems or refunding money. Mine is now in the hands of the solicitors and I sending the case file to trading standards today. It will make the case against him stronger if we are all linked together.

joeydeacon
    Free Member

Hmm.. you’ve got his facebook profile.. I’d save a copy of his friends list, then pay him a visit.. unless he pays you back in full, then you’ll contact every single one of his friends and family asking about his whereabouts as he’s taken 12.5k of your money and is refusing to pay it back – he’s not going to want his friends and family knowing about how he treats people..

I had to do the same to a client who ripped me off.. they ran a local business networking group as a side line, and it was only once I mentioned I would start contacting their fellow local business owners that they paid up immediately.

tinybits
    Free Member
    nodde
    Free Member

Thanks tiny bits

mot365
    Free Member

An update on mine. Three months down the line and Stott still defiant and not paying back £13,140.00 for the junk he sent to me. I got Vosa involved for a mot inspection. They have failed it. Vosa is dealing with the guy he used for MOT’s so he won’t have his dodgy friend anymore to put them through. Guys get your vehicles re- tested. He has set up another Ltd co at the same premises calling it Land Rover Restorations. Wonder why !!! I can guess. Also set up a few weeks ago another business buying tractor’s etc (no doubt funded by our cash) https://www.facebook.com/RSexcavations/ Stott previously tried and failed at this (check companies house) compulsory strike off two years ago. Was 20 years old when he started the first time. Wants to pretend be somebody and he’s going to con and thieve all the way. Any new readers to this forum. If you need to know more about what he has done to me and the scrap heap he delivered just contact me at…. mick.fiona@yahoo.co.uk Stay well clear of Ryan Stott.

RustyNissanPrairie

what exactly is the problem with these Defenders? what are they failing subsequent/genuine MOT’s on?

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Vosa is dealing with the guy he used for MOT’s so he won’t have his dodgy friend anymore to put them through

Makes you wonder how much of a kickback they were getting to make losing their business a risk worth taking.

I can’t not see the word sexcavations.

wool

Mine has a MOT it all worked it had a few defects but it is 10 years old and so I can accept some thing’s are not going to right.
    Its just the bent chassis that I wasn’t going to accept.

RustyNissanPrairie

how bent is bent? is it creased? (cant remember if we’ve covered this?)

wool

Bent enough for my independent Land Rover man/ fixer to say you need to take that back now and ask for your money back. I thought that a spring had broken on the front NS until my man had had a look at it, Then it was game over for my bank account. 😥

mot365
    Free Member

Wool I doubt if the bent chassis would have passed a legitimate MOT (probably got his dodgy friend to put it through) Please correct me if I am wrong.

Bongohoohaa that link works when I hit on it. Go on FB and search Ryan Stott Excavations and agricultural services. Here’s the link again. https://www.facebook.com/RSexcavations/https://www.facebook.com/RSexcavations/

mot365
    Free Member

RustyNissanPrairie There are more faults than you would ever believe. Faults all over from minor to serious. If you want a chat I can tell you all mine. email me first on…… mick.fiona@yahoo.co.uk

Wool…… Have you still got the MOT certificate? If you have tell me who the garage was and I can tell you from there if it’s the same guy that did mine.

CheesybeanZ

Wool any updates ????

dahedd
    Free Member

What an effing scumbag.

If best warn my old boy about this as he’s been looking at buying a defender of late, 1 guy online to definitely avoid.

RustyNissanPrairie

What an effing scumbag.

If best warn my old boy about this as he’s been looking at buying a defender of late, 1 guy online to definitely avoid.

There’s too much tarted up blinged crap out there – if you are looking at Defenders – take someone who knows them inside out down to individual part numbers for stuff and let them crawl all over it. Dont be seduced by Momo steering wheels and bolted on shiny stuff.
    I could honestly only recommend three places to buy a Defender from, one is somewhere a friend has had a few from without issue, one is a main dealer that a mate works at who hates selling Defenders to anyone other than farmers as he knows how crap they actually are and peoples unrealistic dreams of buying into the marketing hype, the other I’ve looked at stock for friends a few times and they seem ok.

rickmeister

This sad tale needs to be on the tv somehow, even better now the mot scam is in there and it affects quite a few people….

Keep the updates coming…

fourbanger
    Free Member

Put the reg up and we can check the faults ourselves online.

runty
    Free Member

Dear Wool

I had the same treatment with Mr Ryan Stott. I bought a 90 from him in September last year. On the day of collection, having met him at the Peterborough show and bought extras and paying up front, I realised he had lied about the model, the condition, milage,and much more. He offered a full refund which was not forthcoming. After more lies and false hopes I took a County Court Judgement against him. In April this year I was one of the lucky ones and managed to get £6000 back but am still owed £4500. He has now gone into voluntary liquidation and there too many people owed money and none in the pot. My judgement is against him though not the company so there maybe a chance to chase him further, but I need to get further advice. He now works for or is running Rossendale Agricultural Services, beware farmers. You can find him on Facebook under the new company name and his. This has bought us tears,debt and anger in equal measures. Please let me know if I can be of any help.

wwaswas

He has now gone into voluntary liquidation

There was a certain inevitability about this, sadly.

I hope people are able to recover at least some of their money.

Is this him? https://www.facebook.com/ryan.stott.566

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I know this doesn’t help. But is this guy really charming? Just wondering how he convinced so many people to hand over large sums of money for vehicles they had not seen yet.

mot365
    Free Member

Hi runty

Many thanks for posting. We are all in to together now and i would love to have a chat with you

Can you contact me asap at… email address mick.fiona@yahoo.co.uk

Much appreciated. mot365-123

mot365
    Free Member

HI wwaswas. Yes that is the slimy disgraceful thief. Likes his expensive gear !! Not even three months in business and did it to Runty !! He won’t get away with it forever. His day is coming to an end; I am sure of that. What colour do they wear in the nick 😀

wool

Rossendale Agricultural Services, beware farmers… God help the farmers if they are dealing with Ryan Stott…
    Its the creditors meeting tomorrow in Manchester, I do think a change in the law is required as this happens to many times with people hiding behind LTD company status.
    Close it all down when things get too sticky and restart again under a new trading name, Leaving a trail of people out of pocket.

mot365
    Free Member

Here’s a video of mine £13140,00 worth of junk from Bespoke Defender’s

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t06qeQE5wCg[/video]

Lazgoat
    Free Member

I don’t understand mot365, you’re pointing out loads of faults with your landrover, but didn’t you see all this before you paid the guy?

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

There seems to be a lot of people buying defenders who don’t seem to know much about defenders. As well as buying blind for some reason?*

Which given their niche usage, and cost, I find genuinely surprisingly.

*Assume buying blind, as I cannot see why else mot would have bought that for £14k if he’d seen those issues.

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

mot365, why did you hand over over £13k for that defender? Did you go and see it before you bought it? I’m not taking the p but I can’t understand what happened there.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

@mistumonkey

Someone else in the thread appears to have paid outright at the LRO show before even seeing the vehicle as well.

All very odd.

mot365
    Free Member

It was being built up to order for spec so you need to pay them before you actually receive the vehicle. Yes i saw it before it was delivered and refused it. Ryan Stott it arrogant and defiant. He would not give me my money back, said he had spent it. I had no option but to have it delivered. Most of the other fault’s you can’t see on the video, IE the VOSA report of a refusal of a MOT cert was issued by his dodgy MOT guy just after it so called had a 12 month MOT after he delivered it. And regarding paying him yes it was a stupid thing to do but its how he works. This guy talks the talk shows you other vehicles (which he claims to be his high class bespoke work) Your in his trap by then. 26 other faults.

orangeboy
    Free Member

That’s shocking I thought landrovers uk (mells) had stiffed me when I got mine but nothing as bad as that, but do the doors/bonnet ever fit much better than that ?
    What did vosa fail your 90 on if you dont mind me asking
    And Id also suggest taking out the carpet in the front until you fix any water ingress

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

What a shite he is, it’s almost legalised theft! Where to now though? If he’s liquidated his company can you pursue him personally??? I should look to see where he advertises, magazines etc and let them know what he’s up to get his ads stopped, he needs his life and business being made very, very difficult for him.

cranberry
    Free Member

It was being built up to order for spec so you need to pay them before you actually receive the vehicle.

No, you really don’t.

Paying a deposit would be fine, and would have kept £13,000 in your hands until he did a proper job.

mot365
    Free Member

VOSA failure’s are as follows

Steering lock device missing offside front ( to nearside steering arm from steering box)

windscreen wiper not operating automatically when switched on off side ( linkage detached)

Head lamp not working on main beam near side

Head lamp excessively deteriorated so that the light output is severely reduced offside (intermittent fault on dip beam)

Rear position lamp (s) not working off side.

Stop lamp not working near side rear.

Stop lamp adversely affected by the operation of another lamp ( Both stop lamps not operating with obligatory lamps lit )

Electrical wiring insecure rear ( wiring loom near exhaust )

Break pipe inadequately clipped ( front to rear )

Break pipe inadequately clipped off side front (pipe valve to flexible )

Passenger seat insecure nearside rear

Passenger seat insecure offside rear

Advisory items;

7 out of 23 body mountain bolts missing, 2 body rail mountain missing corroded

Vin plate miss printed no vin no on galvanized chassis

air cleaner insecure.

THIS IS ONLY A PARTIAL INSPECTION

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Vin plate miss printed no vin no on galvanized chassis

😯

Well…tbh, most of those are 😯

So let me get this right, this vehicle came with a new MOT cert? If so, what action is being taken against the tester who issued it?

Also, as per Cranberry, you didn’t need to pay up front. I think this guy just has the gift of the gab, and convinced you otherwise.

As an aside, I am in no way trying to kick people when they are down, as getting done is never fun, especially with the amounts of cash involved. Hopefully this thread will imprint the knowledge that it goes:

Inspection then payment

Obviously, it would be nice if shits like you lot are dealing with didn’t exist, but sadly they do.

mot365
    Free Member

CRANBERRY

IT IS A BIGGER STORY THAN THAT. HE IS A CON MAN AND PUTS YOU IN A TRAP. ONCE YOU ARE IN IT THERE IS NO GOING BACK. WOOL HAS NO VEHICLE AND NO MONEY BACK !!!!

mot365
    Free Member

BONGOHOOHAA

Maybe so but that has got to be put on the crtificate.

Action has been taken. VOSA has dealt with that.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Sorry but the vin number missing /miss printed screams they aint being built to order but infact being stolen to order,

No danger id buy a landy unseen . Not on your nelly.

mot365
    Free Member

mitsumonky

We will keep you posted later. Tis ongoing. Just need people to know he is now trading as Land Rover restoration at the same unit and also on eBay as lrdefender 1948-2016. eBay is the dangerous one because people do buy from far and wide and payment is made from there. He doesn’t give his company trading name on or his personal name therefore cannot be traced. If you can find any magazine advertising please do inform them.

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 404 total)

The topic ‘So I bought a Defender PT3’ is closed to new replies.