Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 404 total)
  • So I bought a Defender PT3
  • bigbloke
    Free Member

Any news?

marcus
    Free Member

Sounds shit.
    Just make sure he’s not ‘straightening’ the chassis in preparation of obtaining an Engineers report (from a mate no doubt) confiming the vehicle was always OK and retuning it to you.

matt_outandabout

Bump. How’s it going OP?

deepreddave
    Free Member

Interesting especially as I’m not far from Carlisle. Good luck to the OP.

wool

Still in a world of hurt, never managed to get to see him today due having to work. Visiting on Monday. Just going to do the Hilton Bard thing if I don’t have any success on Monday morning. I will be naming and shaming in a big social media way after. If anyone is buying a defender contact me directly and I will make sure you don’t fall into his hands.

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

This isn’t looking/sounding good…

matt_outandabout

Agreed.

matt_outandabout

Any news OP?

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

OP has been bought off in return for internet silence.*

*Maybe

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Finally got a response via text after hassling him via facebook, twitter & instagram saying he will pay us back when he sells another Defender.

What happened to the money you gave him? Did that refund the last mug to fall off the street?

If he has other cars, why can you not have one of them? A better one.

No money and no car and you’re not banging his door down? You are mad.

garage-dweller

Scotch the issue is possibly all the trader’s other stock has wholesale finance on. So if the OP got “given” another vehicle he potentially wouldn’t have clean title (ownership) and end up just as stuffed.

OP have you checked his accounts/ companies house filings (if a limited company) try http://www.beta.companieshouse.gov.UK and checked the London/ Edinburgh Gazette http://www.gazettes-online.co.UK against the company name for any insolvency proceedings?

If he’s not a limited you can check the individual insolvency register

These will tell you if he’s gone “bust” recently (from what you’ve described so far I suspect not but do check before launching on court proceedings)

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Last bump, but anything?

Pigface
    Free Member

Any news on this, hope the OP gets a result.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Maybe he sleeps with the fishes now?

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Maybe he sleeps with the fishes now?

Aquatic prostitution is never the answer.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

In case you get battered?

wool

Aquatic stuff was never my bag. We are getting half this this weekend and the remain balance next week apparently….
    Payed the chap a vist with the wife and kids. Nothing like letting a 6 & 9 year old play in somebody’s stock. No swearing no threats just put my point across about theft and stuff + Enjoyed my 9 year old telling him to give us the money (very politely) Got an agreement to pay back it will be another vist if not, Suggesting that my wife goes down with a car load of her mates as he wont know how to deal with a pack of wailing wolfs. Will keep you all updated as it unfolds.

Riksbar

+ Enjoyed my 9 year old telling him to give us the money (very politely)

Genius!!! 😀

wwaswas

“Please give my Daddy and Mummy their money back”

Rockape63
    Free Member

Good work Wool, just don’t believe anything you’re told EVER!

Keep on it 100% until you’ve got your money.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Got an agreement to pay back it will be another vist if not

TBH honest that first visit didn’t sound too threatening and I suspect he’s just saying stuff to get you out.
    This has been going on nearly a month now which means any staff he’s got will need paying again and guess who’s not at the top of the list?

We are getting half this this weekend

It’s Friday today …. why didn’t he pay you today?
    He’s taking the piss, sorry 🙁

Tiger6791

Wool please sort this out.

You just seem too nice and trusting about it and I hope you prove everybody wrong but I’d want my money and wouldn’t accept anything else..

Just don’t get done over for being too nice..

PePPeR

If you paid on a bank card, just talk to your bank (doesn’t have to be a credit card) they will get the money back for you!
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/visa-mastercard-chargeback

matt_outandabout

Toger6791 – spot on. Wool, please get it sorted. I’ve been too nice and trusting, and lost thousands because of it. 🙁

sharkbait
    Free Member

So, Wool – did you get your first installment?

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I am going to go with dealer, like most of his vehicles, stalled again.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Come on wool, did he stick to his word?

juanking

We need to know man!

wool

Still wrangling he is talking now, just useless no cash flow says he will pay us back when he sell one and it’s slow at the moment. Solicitors now pursuing it so the ball is in his court mind we can just lose the whole lot if he folds the business before the court catches him up. I have written the cash off now and it’s going to take more than a few years to get back on an even keel. Not happy is an understatement.

Tiger6791

Only you know the ins and outs of this

If you are written it off can you not gave another one to get something back?

wool

The only thing he has is a bent silver td5 and a ex milatary 130 ambulance and another customers 110 that’s in for a rebuild and my money thats payed the rent etc etc…….

Tiger6791

Whats the bent silver Td5? Take that?

Not that hard to un-bend

Lazgoat
    Free Member

I’ve been following this and I can’t believe how it’s turned out. I really feel for you. Isn’t there any way to prove a criminal case and get him in front of the rozzers? Have you named and shamed him yet? Can you get back the original defender and some cash maybe?

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that, Wool. Shit situation and no mistake.

Worth getting the original back and at least getting some cash breaking it/selling it on?

Tiger6791

So my only thinking is. Get the the TD5 at a trade price and as part payment. Even bent it has value

Make sure that you are paying trade price less £3.5k for a chassis swap

He owes you the balance still, get this in writing

Damage limitation at best

You have my sympathy, I once bought a clocked car, when I worked out what I’d done I felt sick to the core and cheated.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

You have my sympathy, I once bought a clocked car, when I worked out what I’d done had been done to me. I felt sick to the core and cheated.

FTFY.

rickmeister

Wool, if you are working with Hilton Baird, there is a way of placing a legal claim against any property he owns and when it’s sold, you are effectively a creditor, even if it’s years later…

This was my last option but the bailiffs extracted the cash before this last step.

Don’t give up on your cash, keep at it.

CheesybeanZ

Wool , have you suggested he sells a couple of his stock vehicles to the trade/ auction instead of waiting for a retail sale ?

sharkbait
    Free Member

Solicitors now pursuing it so the ball is in his court mind we can just lose the whole lot if he folds the business before the court catches him up.

Wool, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but TBH the solicitors are just going to cost you more money – you could achieve the same as them by going through the small claims court.
    Even if/when the court says that he owes you the money, you still have to try and get it which will be very difficult. There will be other people (such as the bank, HMRC and VAT) that he owes money to who will be way ahead of you in the queue. The easy option for him is to declare bankruptcy and you will then get absolutely zilch.
    Do you really think he’s going to give you the money if he sells another car? – I don’t.
    As has already been said – your best bet is to try and grab some stock as a part payment, at least it’s something.
    This thread has made me sad, mainly because you’ve simply been too nice [and not taken the advice given].

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 404 total)

The topic ‘So I bought a Defender PT3’ is closed to new replies.