Viewing 39 posts - 41 through 79 (of 79 total)
  • So how was your Valentines day?
  • PJM1974
    Free Member

Double post. Nothing to see here…

Rich
    Free Member

went over to the GF’s (lives with her parents) and me and her + the parents sat down to a full 3 courses of M&S ‘2 for £20’ gastro-genius.

How was the food?

I considered getting the deal, but decided to do it myself in the end.

BigJohn

I’m happy to say mine was at the upper end of my expectations.

The best desert to pull out of a fridge (freezer, preferably) would be the Gibson. Which as anybody knows is a martini made with a cocktail onion instead of an olive.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

LOL @ Willard!!

That is like something out of a film.

morgs
    Free Member

went over to the GF’s (lives with her parents) and me and her + the parents sat down to a full 3 courses of M&S ‘2 for £20’ gastro-genius.

How was the food?

I considered getting the deal, but decided to do it myself in the end.

To be fair, it was spot on! I think these kind of deals are they forward for the cash-strapped!

TheFlyingOx

Woke up to find that missus appears to be not pregnant, went for a walk round Hanoi and found some possibly (probably) hooky North Face jackets for £25, bought some, drank a lot of Bia Hoi @ £0.12 a glass, ate some pho, then packed the wife off on a flight to Phu Quoc while I flew 18 hours back to the UK.
    So a bit of a mix, really.

willard

Well, the card is taped together again and on the kitchen table with a note, so we will see what happens when she gets home. if nothing else, it’s got to be worth a shot.

Hopefully the dogs won’t have made enough mess to put her into a bad mood before I get a chance to get home as well.

AndyP
    Free Member

I had to go to work, so it was a bit rubbish. Made up for in the evening with a nice bout of turbo training. So I did get a good bout of grunting and sweating in.

Me and the Mrs had Valentine’s day a bit early at the weekend as she is away this week.

nicko74

pulled a desert out of the fridge

She was pretty impressed

I would be too.

Not bad – I did enough not to get into trouble and the OH even seemed grateful. Really, what more could I ask for?!

ourmaninthenorth

Neither as jetlagged as the Ox, nor as fractured as willard’s evening…

I was due to be sent to go along to the local Mothers’ union to listen to a septuagenarian talk about a recent cycling tour he did, but was shattered when I got home.

Instead Mrs North and I spent the evening looking after our unwell baby daughter who has a chest and ear infection and kindly threw up on the fluffiest scatter cushion on the sofa.

Got a lovely card from Mrs North, though, even if she did have to cross out “anniversary” and replace it with “Valentine’s Day” 😉

carlosg
    Free Member

We didn’t bother with cards, we tell each other how much we’re in love a lot anyway so don’t generally buy them nowadays . I took carlosjnr mk1 to taekwondo when she got home from world while she fed and got carlosjnr mk2 ready for bed.
    Once the kids were asleep I made beef in a cream sauce and spinach tagliatelle and we shared a bottle of Hungarian red , we had some lemon brioche for pudd.
    Then ran a nice hot bath for us both followed by a lovely massage and you can guess the rest!

landcruiser
    Free Member

Unfortunately had a big row with the Mrs so we cancelled nice dinner out ! As she wasn’t talking to me, a mate came round to the ‘Man Cave’ and we sorted his bike and drank alot of beer…….. so all in all pretty good night

Kit
    Free Member

Aye, wasn’t bad, thanks for asking!

Got a lot of work done yesterday, finished about 7. Got home, had my dinner and chatted to a mate on Facebook before getting an early night.

singletrackmind

I crashed my turbo trainer being a little too enthusiatic ( blame Pendulum)
    Cooked Pork and Ginger stir fry .
    Went to bed at 9ish , alone .
    So pretty much the same as the last 15 years .

nicko74

singletrackmind – Member

I crashed my turbo trainer being a little too enthusiatic ( blame Pendulum)
    Are you sure you should be allowed out on the road?!

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Wow, I had no idea this would get this many responses! I only started it so I could tell someone about my missus being pregnant.

Hope all’s well for you Willard.

Morgs:

Then came out the ‘how well do you know your partner game’

With your sort-of in-laws? Wow, that’s brave…

iridebikes
    Free Member

mine was spent riding one of my loves – a bmx. And wishing i had someone to go home to. I f’ing hate being single

cynic-al
    Free Member

My GF’s away just now, didn’t receive the card and story I’d sent her, just about acknowledged my “Happy V Day” text and the fact I’d just booked us a weekend away.

Edukator
    Free Member

Things best not talked about on this forum in front of the wood burner mid-morning, what more could a man or woman want?

MarkyG82

Hmmm. Got to hers on Friday expecting a nice few days together over half term (she’s a teacher), only to find out shed forgotten it and had made plans with her friend 🙁

Ended with her dumping me and heading back home Monday morning teary eyed.

I’m sad.

Its nice to see there is still happiness around and I’m sorry to hear about willard et al.

VanHalen

massive OTB’s on commute – evening in extreme pain whilst leaking all over the house. wife patched up my elbow.

could have been better!

Crag
    Free Member

I had a decent one. Me and the missus don’t really do valentines, so went out for my regular Tuesday night ride so all good.

Unfortunately, one of the lads had a nasty spill, got stopped by a tree mid-ride and dislocated his shoulder and tore the ligaments. It kind of spoiled his wifes valentines night when he got home and woke her to take him to casualty!!

hjghg5
    Free Member

Not much, but we were both on the same wavelength so that was ok – a card and a couple of quids worth of heart shaped sweet stuff (cakes from him, choccies from me) and otherwise a fairly normal Tuesday.

shooterman

Rather nice. Went out with the kids for a meal last night which the Mrs enjoyed and heading away for a long weekend. She got me a coffee machine which I’ve been after for ages.

morgs
    Free Member

Morgs:

Then came out the ‘how well do you know your partner game’

With your sort-of in-laws? Wow, that’s brave…

You have no idea!

LadyAlexMTB
    Free Member

Brilliant!
    A lovely ride around Bakewell just the two of us. Ice had melted and plenty of hills to chase him up.
    For once we didnt have an argument half way round.
    Home to a boring 2-hour work conference call while MrLadyMTB washed the bikes (how good is that?)
    A lovely bath and dinner.

I’m a very lucky Lady 😀

judderman
    Free Member

took an aquaintance out to a decent restaurant for some good food, wine & chat. Turns out shes fancied the pants off me for a year now is very keen to **** the living daylights out of me 8O. I kid you not, happy days 😀

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

I gave the mrs a Kit Kat Chunky

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

down mom’s with all the family, . . . . dad passed away on valentines day last year 🙁

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Ha, I thought mine went badly, but Willard takes that win.

Working away from home so though’t we’d agreed to do somethign romantic last weekend, which morphed from a night out and ended up being a takeaway on saturday night followed by sunday dinner with her family, not exactly what I’d imagined. So we were going to do something nect weekend, only she sent me a card in the post (which arrived on the 15th) and refused to answer her phone on Tuesday night as I hadn’t sent her a card (bear in mind at this point I’m still thinking we were going to do it all next weekend and don’t have a card from her either).

Now feeling a bit mehhhhh, as last year I went for an ‘it’s the thought that counts’ present which involved time/effort and was summerarlily(sp?) rejected as not being the right present. Now this year I went for the thow money at it option and apprently it’s not the right present as I didn’t put enough thought into it.

I can’t win and just pissed off.

turboferret

I’m in India, wife is in London.

Christmas present was barely acknowledged, certainly not reciprocated, so didn’t bother with a card or anything this year.

Last spoke at the end of Jan, might see her in April, all in all, rather sub-optimal.

Does that trump Willard’s fun and exciting evening?

Cheers, Rich

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

Ouch

willard

Thanks for all the support and wishes of well.

Things have got a bit better since the last post, partly due to my cellotaping the card back together and leaving it with a note where she would see it. I think it made her think, and that led to a heart-to-heart talk last night, which led to us being friends again.

I’m now feeling really bad that things have got better with me, but worse for other people on here. Marky, TINAS, the rest of the fellow downers… I wish I could send you all some of the positive vibes that I’ve got back now. I amazed at what happens when you have a chance to take stock of what’s gone wrong and make a decision to back down and talk about things. It seems that this tactic only works for my wife and I when we both decide to back down though. Too stubborn by half, both of us…

AdamW
    Free Member

Got home to find the cuddly toys had been naughty and were hiding a card. A while later they were being naughty and hiding another one.

MrAdamW has got a romantic soul in there somewhere 😀

Oh and LadyAlexMTB: Send you-know-who round. My trek is minging and could do with a good wash!

MarkyG82

@ Willard. Thanks for the thoughts. We were together 4 years and I was happily thinking life commitment. Turns out I was thinking wrong 🙁

Oh well, I’ll be able to go on that bike tour with camping kit with a clear concience 🙂

TiRed

Dinner in North Carolina with my boss and leadership team at a Fleming steakhouse. The median number of diners per table was definitely two. Card was left in the piano. Back home now and the Channel No. 5 has been a success.

seven
    Free Member

wow @op great topic! Never read such an honest and heart warming/breaking thread on here.

All about what really matters 🙂

HansRey

left home at 7am to get a train from Helsinki to Tampere. The journey was OK, but the project meeting was a complete waste of time being the only non-Finnish speaker there. That lasted about 8 hours until getting another train back sat next to the rudest finn i’ve met so far. Then got home about 6.30, girlfriend was happy until she started ranting about Greece and their situation. I said my 2pc and then we carried on arguing. Wonderful

ir_bandito
    Free Member

And its still going….

Got a 6-hour drive tonight to the in-laws to finally see the missus as she’s been away all week. Can’t wait.

Viewing 39 posts - 41 through 79 (of 79 total)

The topic ‘So how was your Valentines day?’ is closed to new replies.