Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • So how tough are Fox Float RL with 15mm bolt through?
  • mildred

I ask because I’ll be going to the Alps next summer, and possibly doing the mega again. I already have, fitted to the bike, a set of Fox Float RL with 15mm bolt through axle but I also have a set of Marzocchi 55 Micro Ti taken off my Patriot.

These are brilliant forks (marz’ are definitely back up to quality), but seem a bit big for an all-round trail fork.

So, should I keep the 55’s or are the Floats up to a week or two’s hammering. I’ve only ever used big hitting forks in the Alps (66’s, 36’s, 888’s & totems), so don’t know how the floats will cope. I’m fairly heavy at 15 stone kitted up, but also fairly smooth (ex-bmxer), so don’t tend to use the forks as a skill compensator.

hora
    Free Member

I’m a fat knacker and I found a comparison on a US website between the 20 and 15mm axles with the 20mm coming out waaaay ahead on lateral(?) stiffness etc. From vague memory it was something like 60% stiffer.

I’d rather go with with something stouter (your 15stone) and the Fox’s WOULD work but I bet you’d be in danger of shortening their life somewhat.

55’s I reckon for even Alps XC combined with the Mega- much more fun. the 32 Floats for the UK.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘So how tough are Fox Float RL with 15mm bolt through?’ is closed to new replies.