Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 106 total)
  • So how much would the sea-level have to rise to flood your home?
  • CountZero

http://www.floodmap.net/?ll=51.283648,-2.584718&z=9&e=48
    It seems that 48metres is needed to give Chippenham direct access to open sea. We could have our own inshore fisheries protection fleet!
    [/url]Untitled by CountZero1, on Flickr[/img]

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

28m, more of a worry is the tsunami generated by the canary islands volcano. I have an quake app on the phone………..

tiggs121
    Free Member

At 195m up I am not too worried! Interesting map at that level though.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Correction 22m!

cchris2lou

74 m .

edit : 378m for my home in france . not much left of the uk .

Ambrose

130m, Southern edge of Brecon Beacons.

richmars

I live in the Fens, some of which is below sea level. I’m at the top of a ‘hill’, 50m above sea level, so I may have to get a boat.

seosamh77
    Free Member

I’d be fine in the top flat, but at 23m I’d be need a boat to get to work.

wwaswas

24-32m which given in less than a mile from the beach doesn’t feel too bad.

Having said that our beach hut would be an early casualty.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

90 feet, and we’re only 1/2 mile from the sea. Reckon we’re safe for a while though…

cheers_drive

At 20m the Isle of Ely Will be an island again at 25 all but a tiny piece will be under water. When you live in the fens 5m elevation is a lot!

bearnecessities

191 Meters.

That said, it’ll probably blow down before it gets flooded.

EDIT: If the world floods at 190 meters, I’m making a break for the ‘Dales.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Over 200m. I’ll hold off on getting a boat.

Houns

154m

tiggs121
    Free Member

At 160m Scotland is separated from England by the the Straits of Haltwhistle….has a certain ring to it!!

I wonder if Wee Eck and The Surgeon have thought of this?

Rorschach
    Free Member

260m….I’d live on a tiny island though.I’ll try and remember that when having to ride up ‘that bloody hill’ to get home.

wilburt
    Free Member

14m here so can you please all stop washing bibs after every ride and driving your kids to a school.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

42m

5thElefant
    Free Member

The north does look a lot nicer like that.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Spain is pretty well protected.

cranberry
    Free Member

My ( shared ) front door is a couple of metres below sea level at the moment, but as I live on the 12th floor, It would have to raise a fair bit for the inside of my apartment to start getting wet.

mogrim

900m, not too worried although I’d definitely have my parents in the spare bedroom.

bazwadah
    Free Member

erk! 24m and I’m paddling – however the nuclear power station a few miles from here would probably go all ‘china syndrome’ if there was a flood which would at least raise the water temperature..

muddydwarf
    Free Member

440ft, so should it happen I’ll console myself that Liverpool, Manchester and Cheshire have all gone the way of the dinosaurs 😆

mattsccm
    Free Member

96m to my front gate. That will make approaches to Pedalabikeaway in the FoD damp. Very nearly cutting the FoD in half . West Dean would be an island. I have often thought about independence 🙂

jimw
    Free Member

250m. I’d be on a small island. To the east, a small proportion of the costwolds above the water, to the west, the brecon beacons

Bristol, Birmingham,manchester Cardiff all gone

shifter
    Free Member

4! 🙁

beaker2135

301 meters, think I’ll put another log on the fire

mtbmaff
    Free Member

About 900ft real money, top of North Worcs Alps.

porlus
    Free Member

17m for me before I start to get twitchy. So much for living in the north. Damn you vale of York grrrrrrr

scotroutes

228m. I think I’m safe. The flood risk would be from the River Spey, not the sea

welshfarmer

240m would give me a nice sea front property on the side of a Fjord.

Go on, use that car, burn that coal, spray those aerosols 🙂

andytherocketeer

145m to flood the basement, but only need to go 2 streets away to get to safe ground

doesn’t work for previous residence. even at 0m it says flooded. and that’s for a town in Netherlands, apparently at 4m elevation.

nuke

Given on the higher side of town, reckon 70m comfortable, 80m with water lapping the door

somafunk

About 6ft above a spring tide for me

stumpyjon

348m, the rest of you are long gone, Pennines, Exmoor, Dartmoor and Lakes is all thats left of England.

nickc

252m. Britain is pretty much a series of small islands at that point though, I think the pub is still ok though, so that’s where I’m headed

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

26mtrs in Boroughbridge. I do, however possess a Canadian canoe & 15 fishing rods so I should survive.

more of a worry is the tsunami generated by the canary islands volcano. I have an quake app on the phone………..

I’d be more concerned about that if I lived on the Eastern seaboard of the USA. If the Western side of La Palma fell off it could ‘potentially’ dump 500 cubic kilometres of rock into the sea!
    Or so I heard.
    This says otherwise…
    http://www.lapalma-tsunami.com/tsunami.html

peakyblinder
    Free Member

320+ meters. Pretty safe, might build an ark just in case.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m 25mtrs of mean low water springs here on the coast, so thats not a fat lot left of dry land is it 😆 and our appt in town is on the Thames and we’re the third floor..

So whilst I’ll get wet feet here on the coast if we scuttle back to town we’ll be fine I reckon 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 106 total)

The topic ‘So how much would the sea-level have to rise to flood your home?’ is closed to new replies.