Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 336 total)
  • So how many miles did you rack up in 2009?
  • firestarter
    Free Member

i did a hundred billion miles but i made it more impressive by doing it with my little finger in my mouth

Smee
    Free Member

Davo – Are you jealous or something? You seem to have a problem with me – I'd suggest looking at yourself first.

Dasha
    Free Member

Do you commute in a peleton? 26.7mph is still impressive in a group in my opinion.

davo
    Free Member

george i have no problem with you mate, in fact i think i love you and want to have your babys. your the best jud! seriously george i think you will think twice before you post next time! how many miles have you done today? 😉 ps where did you get your laptop mount for your bike?

Smee
    Free Member

Why would I need to think twice? Just because YOU couldnt fit it into YOUR life doesnt mean that I cant fit it into MY life. Brilliant riding from the door makes it easier.

Today I have done 30 miles on the bike. You?

crazy-legs

Dasha
    Free Member

Thats 20 mile short of the 50 mile daily target to beat last years total! What was the event you were training for?

davo
    Free Member

today i have been at work and you have helped me pass the time very well. its been fun at 49 quid a hour 😆

headfirst
    Free Member

Smee
    Free Member

Dasha – the ride I'm training for is in September this year. LEJOG in as short a time as possible.

zokes
    Free Member

He is quite simply bulls hitting.

How can he possibly have spent so long cycling when he's clearly on here talking cobblers every waking hour. Those hours when he isn't taking cobblers, he's thinking of another stupid name for himself, to enable him to be taken seriously for another 30 seconds before he starts being an arris again…

LEJOG in as short a time as possible.

Surely 4 hours should have it covered by a rider of your, ahem, calibre…

Dasha
    Free Member

You'll do it in a couple of days no problem.

Smee
    Free Member

Dasha – that's the kind of ballpark we're looking at.

Smee
    Free Member

Well that would appear to have killed that one stone dead… 🙄

Dasha
    Free Member

You'll piss it, 1100 miles 48hrs thats only 23mph.

Smee
    Free Member

it's 850 miles.

Daffy

Funny Goan.

gee
    Free Member

3,850 miles on the Garmin, plus 25 or so 25 mile xc races, plus 2 24s, E6 and D2D and a few rides I forgot the Garmin on…

Probably about 5,000 total.

GB

br
    Free Member

Just noticed on another thread that the 'poster' lives in Walkerburn…

Jesus that is one miserable hole – no wonder he's never there!

AndyP
    Free Member

what a quim. that is all.

grizzer
    Free Member

Tonight Mathew i'am going to be-Bert from the Muppets!

sturmey
    Free Member

As food for thought a full time pro cyclist will cover in the region of 20000 to 25000 miles per year training and racing.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I think his miles are a little shorter than most of ours. Remember he has also driven a million miles in a few years at the ridiculous average that he has – and all without breaking the speedlimits.

Glupton – you do talk some utter tripe and thats another one.

uplink
    Free Member

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Milage for me – dunno 🙂 between 2500 and 5000 at a guess – few weeks of less than 50 miles but few of more than 100

Dasha
    Free Member

Only 18mph then, none stop for 48hrs. Who sponsors you, you're obviously an extremely talented athlete, has Mr Brailsford been in touch!? 😯

redthunder
    Free Member

2600 on the bike and less than a 1000 with the car.

Smee
    Free Member

Dasha – to answer your question about sponsorship – Adidas.

Top.Dog
    Free Member

Prob somewhere between 4k-5k, some of which has been ridden with the artist formerly known as Glupton 😉

Jase
    Free Member

Judging by this thread plus previous posts on the mileage you drive I'm assuming you have some kind of condition that multiplies everything by 10.

So, I guess you'll be telling us next its 30 inches 😆

Dasha
    Free Member

Excellent. What races did you do for them last year. Do you ride in a team. Where is your homepage

Smee
    Free Member

Dasha – none. THere are various types of sponsorship. No and I don't have a homepage. Having family in very high places in a company has great benefits.

trail_rat
    Free Member

when i was a student i did about 10k a year …

this year ive done about 5-6k through injury and giardia.

some with glupton though – 300km in 13 hours with 4000m climbing and 200k in 8.5

numplumz
    Free Member

6502 miles on the garmin, must have had the "summer" off, thats 1500 down on the previous year!

tazzymtb

surrounded by idiots you are starting to appear to be the new kaesae! all you need is a great line in rodent based insults and you are sorted. 😀

but seriously don't listen to the naysayers, I say good on ya and well done you're very special.

Dasha
    Free Member

Thats seems like a real waste of talent, can't you get these highly placed company people at (presumably Adidas) to create a team built around you, it could be called "Team Mendacity"

RepacK
    Free Member

Prob about 3500 miles & something like 300,000 ft of vertical. I cant compete with the OP 🙁

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

I'm not sure what I did this year – less then previous years no doubt, but I went about 6 months without a cycle computer so can't really estimate. Lost a bit of weight due to becoming more or less veggie and doing more running though.

Goan – with that sort of mileage in the legs you and your partner really should have beaten me and stuatie_c at 10 More in Moray and grabbed the glory of 4th spot….. 😆

Smee
    Free Member

S_F – that sort of mileage makes a diesel engine – at moray i needed a turbo petrol.

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Hat's off, fella. Pretty sure Pro's don't notch up those kinda distances or speeds. Or even need to. You are clearly self-employed with no family commitments.

8,648 road-miles for me this year. And that doesn't include racing or anything off-road. Can't imagine where I could have fitted in more cycling without giving up my job or suddenly becoming single.

Chapeau.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 336 total)

The topic ‘So how many miles did you rack up in 2009?’ is closed to new replies.