Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • so how long for toe to heal ?
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

broke the second toe on my left foot last night .. dropped a full wheelie bin on it hauling it over slabs onto some gravel …yes im an idiot

got a broken toe which is infected seemingly (according to nurse at A&E) im off to see the GP this afternoon to get something to clear up the infection and get another toe nail whipped off ..3rd on this foot in the last couple months 🙁

and more importantly how long off the bike … bearing in mind i cant even walk at the moment !

miketually
    Free Member

It’s just under 30cm from my toe to heel.

(Sorry)

twinklydave

1) LOL @ miketually

2) Oww

3) 4-6 weeks officially, but often less 😉

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

4 wks ish? Its one of those “exercise within the limits of pain” jobs I think. You might well find cycling less painful than walking as (with spds anyway) you flex the toe less

trail_rat
    Free Member

i think the scottish champs may be out at the weekend 🙁

The red balloon is the broken infected one …

the big toe nails coming off as we speak and the little black one on the end is a toe nail thats already off !

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

Last September I had a ‘flip flop, beer, stupidity, bike, road, tarmac’ related injury that resulted in a broken big toe.
    Its still pretty screwed now.

Its fine when I ride and even run but if i actually touch it on anything its agony, even dragging the duvet over it in bed sometimes causes me to wake with a girly little yelp.

trail_rat
    Free Member

“Its fine when I ride and even run but if i actually touch it on anything its agony, even dragging the duvet over it in bed sometimes causes me to wake with a girly little yelp.

Yep slept with it throbing last night and got chucked out the bed by the missus at 3am for exactly that! …. took some co codamol and went back to bed and slept …got out of bed this morning forgot about it being sore and shit me it bit back hard and i fell to the floor like a sack of spuds. nm … an excuse to sit here with the feet up on the windowsill doing owt !

petrieboy

i can feel your pain! i’ve been to see the consultant this morning following this last week
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/when-rushing-to-get-ready-for-a-ride
    told me i’ll be off it for at least another 6 weeks. gave me a big moon boot tho, so whilst i still cant walk, i can now stand on two feet!

feels daft being laid up for so long with something so insignificant, but a broken bone is a broken bone 🙁

petrieboy

oh, and for sleeping, i found placing a cushion under your leg, just above the ankle will stop the throbbing, just need to keep the duvet off it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘so how long for toe to heal ?’ is closed to new replies.