Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • So how does Sport Pursuit work??
  • matthewmountain
    Free Member

They never have anything in stock. So do they phone Berghaus, Rab etc ask for end of line stuff, ask them what quanities they can supply, get the cash from the customers up front then pay the supplier once the sale has ended?

What ever they do it seems to work. Clever idea!

STATO
    Free Member

I think they have a few models for selling, mostly based on an estimate to the number they can sell.

Contact owner of product, ‘we can sell XX of your product at £yy price, for which we want zz%’

or

Owner of product ‘I have surplus of product you can have at fixed cost of £y’ to which sport-pursuit then list at whatever price they think they can make maximum profit on an effort / sales / profit-per-item ratio.

They never handle stock as far as i can tell, just middle men giving us access to deals in one location. Its becoming quite a popular business model with the rise of internet shopping, its good for smaller companies that might not have the reach/presence/advertising budget to draw enough customers to their own websites.

bonchance
    Free Member

private sales – liquidate excess (dump) stock without harming your shops, brand or distributors. They may charge a fee and get a retailers margin..

Not for me really – It never seems that much of a bargain and you have to wait, wait, wait – can’t normally exchange sizes either.

TKMaxx do it better I think 🙂

Lifer
    Free Member

bonchance – Member
    can’t normally exchange sizes either.

I’ve exchanged 3 or 4 things in the past with Sports Pursuit – (weird continental sizes)

luke
    Free Member

It’s the delay in receiving the product that puts me off.

curvature
    Free Member

I ordered some Teva Links for £35 that Wiggle sell for £65.

I wasn’t sure about the size so bought two pairs. Kept one pair and sold the other pair within an hour of posting the add on here.

Ordered on the 4th Sept and they were delivered on 1st October.

I must admit that until I placed the order I was not aware of the delay but as I was not in a rush it did not matter.

thetallpaul
    Free Member

On the item details it does show the estimated delivery date for the items. My orders have always turned up earlier than estimates.
    I have returned items, with no problems too.

Every now and again they have a 60/40 sale which is probably to sell off returned/unsold items.

I’m quite happy to continue using them for the foreseeable future. I only really need instant sales gratification when I’m buying gadgets 🙂

bigblackshed

I’ve had a few bits from them. With the delay in delivery it’s like receiving an unexpected gift when it does turn up. Normally because I’d forgotten I’d ordered it. 🙄

davesmate
    Free Member

The real bargains don’t seem to pop up as regular these days. I got some nice Surface clobber through them last year though at far less than half price.

moshimonster
    Free Member

I’ve used them for ski gear quite a few times. Sometimes the deals are great, sometimes only average. Quite a good business model and their customer service is pretty good IME. Returned a couple of items without issue. Obviously no good for last minute emergency buying.

user-removed
    Free Member

Had two pairs of winter hiking boots from them over the last two years. Do your homework with unheard of brands and it’s all god.

user-removed
    Free Member

*good

honourablegeorge

davesmate – Member
    The real bargains don’t seem to pop up as regular these days. I got some nice Surface clobber through them last year though at far less than half price.

I did too – then found the dame Surface kit at similar prices on WIggle.

I use them a ittle bit, but it’s like TK Maxx – shopping for stuff you don’t need as opposed to going there to get something specific

Speshpaul

You need to check the prices before you you press go, they have a fixed rate postage as well. last week they that TENN kit on offer, it was cheaper to go to TENN with free postage, plus next despatch plus returns in stock.

If you know what you want and they can be cheap.. but not always.
    They can be difficult to deal with if theres a problem as well.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘So how does Sport Pursuit work??’ is closed to new replies.