Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 82 total)
  • so how corrupt is your mp?
  • jam-bo

mine ‘forgot’ to report £400,000 of additional income but managed to remember to claim for 49p of milk in a same period. Easy mistake to make…

Tory MP forgot declaration of £400,000…but remembered 49p claim for milk

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

My local MP is ace, a former surgeon who specialized in Breast cancer, She’s a genuine good egg.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Mine sold out the country for personal gain.

Boris Johnson.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Mine is Greg Clark. One of the safest Tory seats in the Country.

Apparently he is as honest as a Tory can be. He only claims for the interest on the mortgage for his flat in London.

I secretly hope he gets found out in some coke/hookers/rent boy/bondage scandal.

Cougar

Graham Jones here. “Eighth hardest working MP in the country” apparently.

mark90
    Free Member

Mine is Liam Fox. Make your own mind up.

jam-bo

I should add that that £400,000 was for 1935 hours of outside work, ~37 hours a week, 52 weeks of the year. its a wonder he has any time to be an mp at all..

petec
    Free Member

ours seems pretty un-corrupt as they go. He’s apparently the richest MP and worth £110m. And his private chapel is being by used by Her Royal Bottomness to get married in a couple of weeks, so he’s already got influence.

To be fair, he’s not bad. Stands up in parliament, asks vaguely searching questions, and campaigned to stay in the EU.

Peyote
    Free Member

Michael Gove, he is a ****.

ElShalimo

Craig Whittaker – on the recent naughty list for 2105 election expenses

kerley
    Free Member

Desmond “safeseat” Swayne

Not the most corrupt from what I can find

As a result of the expenses scandal, Swayne repaid £6,131 he claimed for a new kitchen in 2006 on his second-home flat in North Kensington, and £60.66 over claimed for a water

hatter

Got caught red handed diddling her expenses and is a Brexiteer who’s voted against gay equality at every turn.

Really hope we can get rid of her next month.

scud
    Free Member

Mines not to bad for a Tory… seen him on his bike a number of times, but then again i’ve not got much choice, only the Conservatives and UKIP stood in our local election!!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/analysis-and-features/george-freeman-just-the-man-for-a-matter-of-life-and-death-9627620.html

aP
    Free Member

Ruth Cadbury – only elected in ’15, and she co-chaired the just published cyclist/ road safety inquiry

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

My local MP is Tim Loughton, who receives £1,833.33 per month for 3 hours consultancy work from National Fostering Agency (NFA)
    https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/10371/tim_loughton/east_worthing_and_shoreham

NFA is owned by Private Equity firm Stirling Squire

Seems a strange setup?

According to
    https://corporatewatch.org/news/2015/dec/15/foster-care-business

The firm appears to have made a tidy sum from its involvement with the NFA. According to accounts filed at Companies House, when Graphite bought the NFA in 2012, instead of putting all its money into shares, it made most of its investment in the form of ‘shareholder loans’. Over the years, £14.4m in interest has been racked up on these loans, which was all paid out in 2014.

So…
    Donate money to Tory MP
    Ensure private company gets public funds
    Use private company as tax dodging investment opportunity at taxpayers expense
    Repeat

So it’s the usual privatising public services to Tory donor companies money merry go-round.

richmtb

MP Natalie McGarry.

May or may not have been doing some creative accounting with a charity she ran.

Will not be standing in June.

craigxxl
    Free Member

We used to have Shahid Malik before we were re-zoned. I think I’m on winner for the most corrupt and slimy MP.
    After re-zoning we had Jo Cox but unfortunately after her murder we ended up with Tracy Brabin. The same Tracy Brabin that used to be in Coronation Street, that was the highlight of her career as she went onto do Sainsburys and then flogging life insurance in adverts. After a failing in showbiz she is now in politics 🙄 I expect her to achieve nothing, anything she does manage will be a welcome surprise. Moving into more expensive constituency office within a designer goods shopping complex away from the town centre where Jo Cox had her office wasn’t one of those surprises.

dazh

Craig Whittaker – on the recent naughty list for 2105 election expenses

+1

A complete and utter c***! Has no interest in the local area outside of how much money he and his landed mates can make, rarely promotes local issues in parliament, and is never anywhere to be seen when needed. He’s so bad in fact even our local tory councillor openly slags him off on social media.

dissonance

Grant Shapps aka Michael Green aka Sebastian Fox.
    A fine track record under all his aliases.

zippykona

Chris Failing Grayling.

nedrapier

Hunting Jeremy Hunt.

Write a list of qualifying attributes and actions of a corrupt politician person, and Jezzer has a lot of them ticked.

http://www.opendemocracy.net/ournhs/jos-bell/admiral-jeremy-is-not-so-admirable

P-Jay
    Free Member

I know little about mine (Craig Williams) other than its quite vain it seems, our last MP just had a little office with a plaque outside, whereas Craig has quite a big one over a super market and likes large colour photos of himself on lots of things.

He’s fairly spineless, he was Pro-EU in the referendum, but “consistently votes in line with the party whip”.

loddrik
    Free Member

Not sure if mine is corrupt but she ‘Luciana Berger’ was parachuted in from London as one of its rising stars into a safe Labour seat. She knew next to nothing about Liverpool, let alone the areas she were to be representing. It would matter not if she were corrupt or not, my issue is with the system that allows this to happen. I would expect as my MP, If not someone who was born here, at least someone who was educated here or has at least lived in the city out of choice for a decent length of time and got to know it inside out first.

grumpysculler
    Free Member

MP Natalie McGarry.

May or may not have been doing some creative accounting with a charity she ran.

<father ted> But the money was just resting in my account</father ted>

I’m not sure that SNP Glasgow Regional Association and Women for Independence count as charities…

My MP is a QC so should be pretty straight…

ourmaninthenorth

Not very.

Unless you include the moral corruption of being a Corbynite….

BaronVonP7
    Free Member

In my previous constituency, MP Mark Garnier got (not directly) £5000 from Offshore Group Newcastle Ltd.(Oil, gas possibly wind).

OGN has had various government incentives, grants wafted in their direction (not all were realized).

As Wyre Forest really isn’t a major oil and gas producer and the wind farms of the area are notable only by their absence, it is legit but smells unpleasant.

RustySpanner

I like our Labour MP, Julie Cooper.
    Decent woman, ex teacher, husband runs a chemists, seems to get stuck in.

The Lib Dem candidate, Gordon Birtwistle was MP during the alliance years and has done an awful lot for the area.
    I don’t agree with him on some of his opinions or voting choices but he’s extremely well thought of.

I’d be happy to see either of them elected, but I’ll vote for Julie.

ferrals
    Free Member

Allegedly ours is one of the 30 potentially to be tried for fraud, so probably right about average on the swindling stakes

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Mine’s an expense diddler who can’t argue a debate on medical grounds, and employs his previous partner as an aide and her lover as his campaign advisor.

Voted out of EU and in for invading sandy places.

Andrew Turner on the IoW.

Despite the Libs previously doing well, they were trounced by everyone at the last election. Consequently I expect him to win. 😥

(Although we do have a very good Green candidate – one can live in hope)

Edit: Seems he’s standing down, although doing so in the same style he has been an MP.

nickfrog
    Free Member

Mine has been banned from entering my property as he traditionally visits before an election – he voted against EU nationals having their rights guaranteed recently which is fair enough – but if I am not welcome in his country, he is not welcome near my property. I can be as British as the next man when needed.

Also, he calls anyone who happen to disagree with him a “remoaner” on FB.

I have no idea how people of such low critical thinking ability can end up with any power at all, quite scary.

nickfrog
    Free Member

Mine is Liam Fox

Sorry to hear that.

D0NK

David Crausby, local fella, toes the labour party line mostly but voted against brexit and iraq war 🙂 but against same sex marriage 🙄 only turns up for 52% of votes tho “well below average”

dunno about corruption

colp

Not very i believe.

She was born in the area, grew up here, voted against triggering A50, and her grandad wrote “in my Liverpool home”.

Alison McGovern

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Also, he calls anyone who happen to disagree with him a “remoaner” on FB.

😆

Classy.

I bet he gets all the UKIP votes now the party has lost the only piece of its agenda.

geoffj

Tasmina Ahmed-Sheikh
    She likes the camera.

jimdubleyou

Probably not very – Dr Tania Matthews has only been in the job a couple of years and has done a lot of work for UNRWA.

Fairly strong chance Old Vince will get back in this time around though.

aracer
    Free Member

Well to be fair, that’s part time for a lawyer, and those are the hours he billed rather than what he actually worked!

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Caroline Ansell, or better known as Absent Ansell the Stealth MP. I’ve seen her three times on the TV since she was elected and two of those were to talk about the nutter stalking her on FB.

During the election she either blatantly lied or was hideously misinformed regarding a piece of railway that she was fighting to stop being reinstated as it would damage the Eastbourne train service. IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN, ITS GOT A HOUSING ESTATE AND INDUSTRIAL UNIT COMPLEX on some of the old track bed.

She also voted for fracking under the South Downs.

Some of her FB posts regarding the state of the local hospital and education system must be concerning a parallel universe Eastbourne as they bear no resemblance as too what’s really happening.

The old lib dem MP, even though I disagreed a lot with him, was always on the telly fighting Eastbournes corner.

bigblackshed

Shall we play “Who’s Who?”

Ineffectual, Mistakenly Filled in the Wrong Address on His Expenses Form Tory MP Jessie Norman:

Or Dim Witted Comedy Character Tim Nice-But-Dim:

andytherocketeer

Previous one was a Labour rebel.
    Next was a Tory that defected to the kippers, but at least did have the decency to force a by-election. Got defeated in 2015 in favour of a local tory girl (judging by what she tweets/blogs etc. seems alright, considering).
    Local Tory girl that stood against UKIP defector seems to have gone straight in supporting TM on getting out though, from what I can tell (but then so did the official opposition).
    And the kipper defector somehow ended up in Welsh Assembly, who quit UKIP, and started to vote with the Tories again, but not rejoined the party afaict.

TLDR… they were elected, therefore corrupt, and expert at pulling political stunts at our expense.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘so how corrupt is your mp?’ is closed to new replies.