Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • So, has anyone on here got an iPhone X?
  • jambalaya
    Free Member

Interesting, the wife upgraded on her 6 and says it is now much slower..

iOS11 is terrible on my 6 and on wife’s iPad Mini (3 years old). We are kicking ourselves for not downgrading back to iOS10 which was possible for a week or so.

Don’t have an X as its far too expensive, might get a 8 or 8 Plus

tomhoward

When comparing like for like spec (plus size screen, 256gb) the price difference isn’t enormous. 20% or so.

footflaps

We are kicking ourselves for not downgrading back to iOS10 which was possible for a week or so.

I thought you could restore using iTunes and go back to different builds?

tdog
    Free Member

Slight hijack but with ios 11.1.1 on my ipad mini 4, my music suddenly stops playing when browsing the web.
    Can anyone explain this please and how to possibly fix this issue?

Also what do all the experimental webkit features mean in layman’s terms?

Tia.

dannybgoode

They really don’t like the cold apparently – even Apple admit to the problem. Could be a bit of an issue heading into winter…

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/11/10/iphone_x_cold/

gavinpearce
    Free Member

I’m stoked to be running 11.0.3 on my 7. It makes it come alive.

tdog
    Free Member

Yeah but not as alive as a 29” iphone shirley!?

😛

GolfChick
    Free Member

If you were coming from a 7S for example, you’d probably be less blown away.

I’d be pretty blown away seeing as there isn’t a 7S as Apple skipped it completely in order to celebrate their 10 year iPhone anniversary with the X. 😳 😆

timmys

I’d be pretty blown away seeing as there isn’t a 7S as Apple skipped it completely in order to celebrate their 10 year iPhone anniversary with the X.

Err, I meant 7 obviously! 😳

stumpy01

stilltortoise – Member

It be interesting to give a new iPhone X to someone who has never used such as device and see how intuitive it really is these days.

I have never owned an iPhone and find them pretty difficult to navigate around if I use a mate’s.
    Sure, I could learn it but they are far from intuitive.

Android is the same though – there’s definitely a learning curve when switching between them.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

For those of us on rolling one month contracts that they’d prefer to keep, Apple do 0% finance over 20 months on all their phones. An iP8 was about £36 a month with £79 deposit if I recall correctly. If I add on my £20/month 3 contract than it’s waaaaay cheaper than a contract and you end up with an unlocked phone too. You can pay more for Apple cover too which gets you a new phone every year as well.
    I can’t find a better deal than doing it this way and that’s what I’ll be doing. I’d discounted an X on cost price but it’s affordable for me on this plan.

Edit
    Just worked it out and it’s about £195 cheaper for me over 2 years that way for an 8, £432 for an X. 🙂

wobbliscott
    Free Member

The Apple financing solution seems to be via PayPal credit at 14/9%pa interest.

I can’t see an interest free option on the Apple website right now. However you can purchase on your credit card then transfer to another interest free credit card for 3% and pay off interest free for whatever interest free period you can get. I’ve got a card that’s offering me 18months interest free. If you want to pay it off over a longer period you just transfer onto another interest free card that will cost another 3% of whatever you owe at the next balance transfer point. So not quite interest free, but pretty cheap way of borrowing money over a short period of time.

Sandwich

Wobbliscott 0% only available in store at an Apple store. Or take a hammer and a moped for the much cheaper collection!

smiththemainman
    Free Member

Buy the one in the classifieds and help a fellow stwer to treat his mrs to drinks and nibbles!!!

winrya
    Free Member

If you’re an iPhone fan it’s the first time since the 6 that upgrade has been worthwhile. I’ve gone from a 7 plus the X and it’s an incredible bit of kit. I fell firmly into the remorse category when I upgraded my 2 years old 6 plus to the 7, apart from battery life there was little else worthy of the upgrade.

The X on the other hand has really impressed. Feels as small as the 7 but the screen is as big as the 7 plus. The oled display pops off the screen and it looks like there is no glass on the display it’s so clear. Face id was a concern for me but is actually far quicker than a finger print reader and after swiping up instead of pressing a home button it is both quicker and more intuitive. After using it for a few minutes you realise this is the beginning of the end of the home button on the iPhone but definatlely a change for the better. Build quality and the feel in the hand is that of a device almost justifying it’s crazy price tag. It really is a master piece. The notch is actually quite useful in use and quite a nice touch for displaying the info it does. Speaker is louder, camera is better and the animated emojis are very impressive. As you can see, i’m smitten, it’s a massive step forward for the iPhone. Pricing is crazy but then that’s the consequence of the brexit pound and apple thinking it’s acceptable to ask the same amount of pounds as dollars. .

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

From BenGoldacre on Twitter

Sending back iPhone X. iOS is ridiculously inflexible, and inconsistent (random different parts all over a big screen you might have to press to go “back”, in an app?). Bought a Galaxy Note, proving with action: I’d literally rather risk setting fire to my genitals than use iOS.

footflaps

Or take a hammer and a moped for the much cheaper collection!

They’ll all be bricked the minute they connect to the internet….

but then that’s the consequence of the brexit pound and apple thinking it’s acceptable to ask the same amount of pounds as dollars. . having to charge 20% VAT in the UK whilst quoting the price net of sales tax in the US

FIFY

jamj1974

If genitals = less value than phone, something is very wrong…

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

The Apple financing solution seems to be via PayPal credit at 14/9%pa interest.

I can’t see an interest free option on the Apple website right now

Every phone in the Apple store in Meadowhall was displaying the deal on Sunday. I asked someone how it worked and, yes, a quick credit check, £69 down and the rest divided by 20 months at 0.00% is the deal. Maybe its in store only, but that’s where I’ll be heading.

footflaps

I wonder if they lock you out of your phone if you miss a payment….

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Interesting on the in-store interest free option. I might check it out. My 5 is on its last legs bit time.

Bought my iPad 2 from the states years ago not long after it first came out and it was priced the same in $ as in £, but then you got stung with the tax on top so not quite the deal it seemed.

footflaps

but then you got stung with the tax on top so not quite the deal it seemed.

Does depend which state you’re in as sales tax varies…

tomhoward

Right, it’s arrived and I’ve had a bit of a play (I’ve had little else to do…)

Face ID is great, it’s as quick for me to get into this phone as the 6 plus, which is fine, but I never even used a passcode on the old one…

Been caught out a couple of times with the lack of home button, in that I’ve had to actually think what to do, but I suspect that will pass with time.

That’s as much as I can give you for now, as I am currently bereft of WiFi…

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘So, has anyone on here got an iPhone X?’ is closed to new replies.