Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • So has a Big (European) Bank gone bust?
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Rumours all over the radio today. Danny Alexander wouldn’t give a “yes” or “no” answer when asked on the radio this morning if he had heard whether a bank was about to go under.

I haven’t checked any of the spheres as I figured someone here might know better. 🙂

So is it true?

project
    Free Member

if so perhaps the management with their gold plated pensions should be dragged out and …. in front of their kids.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Might explain yesterday’s co-ordinated movement by Central Banks?

10 days???

derekrides
    Free Member

I put a bit of a post up yesterday about this, I think during that Autumn statement there was a lot of Sh1t hitting the fan.
    Loads of USD’s flooding the market, I figured ready to take up the slack if the Euro crashed. Euro banks just can’t borrow money right now, so probably more than just one in trouble.
    Then todays BOE announcement, but it’s probably just a bit of brinkmanship forcing Germany to do what everyone knows they have to.
    **** markets, and their perceptions, do we need them, constantly **** with our lives.

Winds me right up. You can bet your arse all this negative news there a bunch of them shorting the Euro like no tomorrow ready to make another pile on the downswing.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

10 days???

jockhaggis
    Free Member

When you go to the BBC homepage it has a story about ‘How do banks go bust’ and there’s a big picture of the RBS sign behind it. 😕

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

10 days to save the €

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

10 days???

Yes 10 days. Perhaps someone will write a book called “10 Days That Shook The World” ?

Hobster
    Free Member

Apparently one of the big French banks has been paying over the odds in the Libor market giving an indication of its precarious situation.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Other rumours from a couple of days ago say that three are bust, and two are probably French. It wouldn’t surprise me to find out that at least one has gone bust. Who knows?

derekrides
    Free Member

ernie_lynch – Member
    10 days???
    Yes 10 days. Perhaps someone will write a book called “10 Days That Shook The World” ?

er 9 days, in fact 8 as of tomorrow.

So nothing will happen tomorrow they all go and get pissed at lunchtime friday, so Saturday Sunday nothing, Monday to talk more then Tuesday, no I bet it goes to the wire, Wednesday, big announcement they get more centralised fiscal controls everyone has to obey, then the CEB starts the presses churning, Euros get printed and with any luck we’ll see the Euro v Sterling nearer 1.20…

choron
    Free Member

The Fed is currently extending USD liquidity swaps to pretty much anybody and everybody due to a massive liquidity crunch. Seems pretty clear to me that we are in the early stages of a massive banking crisis.

Like to think I’m normally fairly dispassionate about these things but in the words of Hugh Hendry “I would recommend that you panic”
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuysYXlJ43I[/video]

Hobster
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geHLdg_VNww&ob=av2e[/video]

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘So has a Big (European) Bank gone bust?’ is closed to new replies.