Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • So, gloves then – which do you like?
  • DustyLilac
    Free Member

Me, Troy Lee XCs, thin, stretchy and comfortable, last well and come in groovy colours. Seem to survive pretty big crashes well too.

jackthedog
    Free Member

+1

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

+2

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    stumpy01

I’ve got some Gill gloves that I have had for ages, that are great. Can’t remember where I got them or why I chose them, but I’m glad I did.

Also got some Specialized Ridge, which are good for summer but don’t offer much protection from thorns & whatnot.

soma_rich
    Free Member

Spesh BG are nice, are they called ridge? Not sure but I like the padding.

firestarter
    Free Member

i love my 661 storm glove i wear them nearly all the time riding as our summers are so good 😉

acjim
    Free Member

summer: raceface thin ones – red – nice!
    winter: Thor thicker ones – blue – rufty!
    winter commute: Pearl Izumi monster thick ones – greyish – yuck!

DezB
    Free Member

I’ve got a cupboard full of gloves! Just found my perfect ones.
    Dakine Highwire. Perfect size, thickness and comfort

Spesh are a good fit, but they smell funny.

Olly
    Free Member

i like the spesh BGs
    and i like the 661s, but both of them are a little short in the finger and dont have reinforced tips, so without fail its the finger tips that break out.
    currently on some azonic ones, plain, comfy, light.
    stitiched up finger tips, like them so far 🙂 though they do have a funny cuff on them :s

(i go for cheap, as long as they work)

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

Dakine.

MrAgreeable

+2 for Da Kines. Have Troy Lees too, but they just don’t fit as nicely and can be bloody cold at this time of year.

I’d recommend trying a few pairs on and seeing what fits you best. Also keep an eye out for dodgy stitching as the quality of gloves can vary drastically, even in the same model, from year to year.

tinsy
    Free Member

Any I can get for about a tenner.. usually 661, Raji were good but get whatever is cheap.

steve_b77
    Free Member

661 comps and Specialized Reflectors (or what ever they’re called)

bikey
    Free Member

Endura Full Monty gloves for me. I do ride abroad alot so want the full finger protection but without being too hot. They only cost £20 which is perfect as I go through a pair of gloves in about 3 months, but then I do ride 6 days a week.

Matt

matthew_h
    Free Member

TLD XC for me too. By far and away the best gloves I have found for my hands. They fit me the best and provide good feel whilst offering surpisingly good protection during the odd off.

MrNutt
    Free Member

Dakine. +10

jam-bo

dakine defenders. tempted by a pimping white pair next time….

Matinmidiswa
    Free Member

Scott Progressive!!!! the best gloves by far. I’ve had mine for 18 months and throw them in the wash after every ride with other kit….still 100% They are a bit pricey but well worth it.

M.

stevomcd
    Free Member

Got some Fox Sidewinders last summer. Very, very good. Best bike gloves I’ve had in fact. Fit great, comfy, lasted a whole summer of guiding in the Alps.

Had DaKine bike gloves previously and they were good but didn’t last long.

nina
    Free Member

nema breathers, mahoosive snot wipe and thin and comfy

http://www.nemabrand.com/products/breather2.html

bikemonkey
    Free Member

I can only use Spesh BG or gloves with padding on the palm – anything else and I get numb hands for days afterwards.

Sombrio look cool though

nickc

Gone back to Troy Lee as Fox ruined the Inclines.

bdunx
    Free Member

These are the best gloves i’ve used.
    really hard wearing, can feel everything, comfy, and the best bit, they get grippier the wetter they are!
    and they are used by Sir Chris Hoy!
    Nomis Bike Gloves

allyharp

I’ve had some Specialized fingerless gloves for a few years and they’re great. BG Pro they might be.

But recently I got some Sombrio Forensic. I think I prefer fingerless gloves but the Forensics look so good I wear them all the time now!

bomberman
    Free Member

i find most gloves last around the same length of time, just pick a pair with a decent rep that you like the look of. i’ve got a bit of a thing about gloves at the moment and currently have 4 pairs: sombrio forensic in shadow, 661 comp in black, 661 comp in green and white and some gore wind stopper for when it gets chilly. i like the look of the adidas race gloves in white mmmm!

Oggles
    Free Member

Another plus for the Troy Lee XC. I somehow managed to lose one of mine whilst riding though 😕
    An excuse to buy the new patterned white ones!!

scaredypants

spesh bg are pretty good – agree fingers are a bit short (so I open up the tips)

fox ascent – just got some. hardly any padding, nice (narrow) fit

favourite ever are my Scary Fast Rocket Power Parts, Rambler gloves ! They’re not great gloves but I’ve kept em for over 10 years because of the great name

duntmatter
    Free Member

661 Raji in the summer – breezy. Dakine x-cross in the winter – cosy.

I wanted some Oakley Factory Pilots but the carbon knuckle plate just dug into my hand. Shame, coz they seem like an otherwise excellent glove, and look like what stormtroopers wear when they session some rad to the power of sick lines on the death star. 8)

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘So, gloves then – which do you like?’ is closed to new replies.