Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 90 total)
  • So Gatlin spoils the party
  • ratherbeintobago

It should also be remembered that for Bolt’s rise and most of his period of dominance, there was no out of competition testing performed in Jamaica. The nation was very close to being banned from international competition because of it. The revelations about Russia has allowed athletics to conveniently brush under the carpet doubts about the Jamaican and Kenyan programmes.

Isn’t that what Richard Moore’s book’s about? Has anyone read it and is it any good?

thenorthwind

Very interesting article MCTD!

jimjam
    Free Member

thenorthwind – Member

Very interesting article MCTD!

Wait, so evil two time drug cheat Justin Gatlin isn’t evil?

Jamie
    Free Member

Just as an addendum to MCTD’s link.

A counterpoint.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

I knew Bolt wouldn’t win, though I predicted it’d be under 9.9 for the winner so not quite on target.

Gatlin has become the villain, but the public love that, whether they realise it or not. They also show how little they know about athletics at times with all their booing..

finephilly
    Free Member

I thought it was bad form from a dofus crowd to boo gatlin, especially after he won. bolt got a better than average start but slacked off after 25m then couldn’t catch gatlin who’d been with
    working hard throughout. As for the drugs issue – don’t even go there. Anyone who genuinely believes every world class athlete performs on a diet of training camps, herbal tea and protein is asleep. If all the dopers got busted, it’d be like watching a parkrun.

thenorthwind

A counterpoint.

Damn you Jamie!

Still, at least that settles it, he must be innocent.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

[video]https://youtu.be/yzLT6_TQmq8[/video]

Guess who’s in the news again…

metalheart
    Free Member

Guess who’s in the news again…

Is it Chris Froome, has he failed a second test? 😉

flange
    Free Member

I don’t like Gatlin, he’s a dirty cheat. However after having to read the Wail, the bones of it is that some of his team tried to sell drugs to someone? Not Gatlin?

Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘So Gatlin spoils the party’ is closed to new replies.