Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • So full film crew at work today to do a simple interview with MD
  • badllama
    Free Member

So get back to the office today and informed the MD is doing an interview
    So in the car park there is two van loads of kit a van full of media type staff more kit I’ve ever seen in my life (I’ve been into photography and video for years, and been on the odd small film set).

They setup a video village in our reception! and the interview is shot next door more, staff than I care to count and enough lighting to light Old Trafford and I’m thinking…..

Do they really need all this kit I mean REALLY I been on film sets with less kit FFS

Also we are told if we are leaving at 4.30pm all leave at once otherwise it will effect the cameras………………really! 🙄

Sound maybe but cameras?

I’ve done interview commercially, shot commercial stuff but blood hell I though they were about to start shooting the next series of GOT!

jekkyl

zippykona

It once took lorry loads of crew a week to film someone passing some Persil over a fence when I used to work in Battersea.

tomhoward

Do they really need all this kit

Yes.

I mean REALLY

Yes, REALLY.

I been on film sets with less kit FFS

Cool, they obviously needed less kit.

You’re welcome, glad I cleared it up for you.

Drac

Are you firstaider?

*in joke*

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

OP – why did you feel the need to post this?

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

If the set up a large table covered in food. It’s for a US television.

Jamie
    Free Member

I’ve done interview commercially

(I’ve been into photography and video for years, and been on the odd small film set).

I get it, OP. You spend time with cameras.

badllama
    Free Member

I’m am so not worth of you all……………..I forgot

no more post

tomhoward

nealglover
    Free Member

I’ve done interview commercially

(I’ve been into photography and video for years, and been on the odd small film set).

But you work in a place where they get professionals to come and do it properly, with the required kit. Seems like a sensible approach.

jambourgie
    Free Member

nealglover
    Free Member

Almost forgot …..

Also we are told if we are leaving at 4.30pm all leave at once

WTF are you moaning about!
    The whole place told to leave in the middle of the afternoon ?!

Easy life.

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

no more post

That’s fine with me.

MartynS

Small film set isn’t your mate with a GoPro strapped to himself somewhere you know…

bruneep

Drac – Moderator
    Are you firstaider?

*in joke*

Well, are you?

Or are you a Holby/casualty extra?

upshift
    Free Member

So was it just a simple piece to camera for internal use or something for a tv ad? A full video village seems odd for the former…

drlex
    Free Member

When our mob had a piece made for internal, consumption, it was very much

rone

As a film production company ourselves we are far from that setup , however when it’s a big client and there’s an agency involved yup, boils my blood all these people that start becoming experts on set. Justifying their existence.

I will say though that film making is proportional to how much effort you put in.

For an MD I would say cam op, possibly lighting/dop. Sound which could be two. Makeup, teleprompter as most MDs are shit at delivering stuff. And then Director/Producer and usually a go between. Maybe interviewer if it’s not straight to camera. You could cut down from that though easily.

Massively depends on the scale of project and budget. If the budget’s there go for it.

We did Tony Blair way back with 3 people. (Ooh matron)

Corporate world innit?

We worked on a feature last month with only about 12 plus cast. But the budget was not there.

upshift
    Free Member

“A DOP?! Back in my day we had to film pieces to camera with no crew, by moonlight on a Casio calculator…” 🙂

Corporate is indeed funny – some clients “get it” and some really don’t…

aP
    Free Member

‘They’ film outside our office 5 or 6 times a year. The number of people is staggering. But there’s usually a double decker catering bus amongst the dozen lorries 😉
    I think it’s Disney Channel today so that’ll be properly ridiculous they’ve suspended parking for 500m in the road and side roads around – although yesterday morning there were 6 blokes filming someone moving traffic cones into the road.

Pook

Last shoot I did with the General Counsel and CFO we had two camera operators, radio mics, a lighting rig and a small track cam for some movement.
    Two people being filmed, six people in support; one of whom was simply moving he track cam back and forth and two who were listening for content.

Internal stuff though. I’ve worked hard to minimise how much stuff we need to use – not least as it means you don’t have to carry much but also to reduce cost. It’s a fine balance between looking like amateurs and reducing cost though.

footflaps

Personally I wouldn’t get out of bed for a film crew of less than 20 and a selection of at least 6 different sandwiches for lunch…….

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I filmed the last 2 Harry Potter movies with just my phone.

shermer75
    Free Member

I’ll be in my trailer if you need me

xora

I filmed the last 2 Harry Potter movies with just my phone.

And the MPAA is now requesting your personal details from admins 🙂

rone

And the MPAA is now requesting your personal details from admins

🙂

zanelad
    Free Member

Do what the alkies round here do when they’re filming. Make a nuisance of yourself until someone pays you to go away. 😀

My wife had a friend who lived very close to where they filmed some scenes for Judge John Deed. It was the house where Jenny Seagrove lived.

The TV luvvies were a bit of a pain and I still recall the shout of CUT! as I honked the car horn on leaving after picking up my wife. Silly but fun.

andy8442
    Free Member

So what? They were probably doing it properly. We did the last Champions league final with nearly a thousand of us, but that’s what you need to do a job properly when the whole world ( well quite a few) are watching and paying.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

How many runners? I bloody love runners, every industry should have them!

Interesting how many TV people are on here.

upshift
    Free Member

Zanelad – just to give you the other perspective, when the shoot is costing £100 a minute, the daylight is fading and your actors just can’t nail their lines, a honking member of the public isn’t particularly helpful 🙂

wrightyson
    Free Member

Mate of mine runs some race track/test track darn sarf, avengers movie hires it the other year with exclusive rights for 4 months or some shit. It was in the film for 4 seconds apparently. I was at a party the other week when he was telling me this, was a much cooler story than the op but he was disappoint they didn’t get more air time. Again I’d been on the beers but it was something like 10k a day to hire exclusively. I don’t know what relevance it has to the OP other than filming. HTH

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

[Quote]it was something like 10k a day to hire exclusively[/quote]

Im convinced the cost of some things in filming is almost a spiral. One thing turns out expensive, so money gets thrown at everything else to make sure its not wasted untill the point that the original item looks quite reasonable in the overall budget so it gets upgraded!

Bregante

The TV luvvies were a bit of a pain and I still recall the shout of CUT! as I honked the car horn on leaving after picking up my wife. Silly but fun.

Many years ago I worked at the Nick where Coronation Street filmed all their Police Station or prison scenes. They used to put signs up at the back gates asking us not to use sirens when leaving the station to go to emergency calls – they got rather upset quite regularly 🙂

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘So full film crew at work today to do a simple interview with MD’ is closed to new replies.