Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • so, explain to me why hincapie is so annoyed
  • MrSalmon
    Free Member

seems garmin chasing down yesterday played well for wiggins today!

Thanks for that.

mudshark
    Free Member

Cav – I don't suppose his disqualification has anything to do with this does it…?!

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/latest/383329/cavendish-responds-to-racist-accusations-in-french-press.html

oldgit
    Free Member

Nickc
    I wonder if I would have seen it another way if the tables had been turned.
    Though looking down on the finish, he did stay patallel to the barriers on the left, the barriers on the right did move in. So did he go off line, no.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    AndyP
    Free Member

Cav – I don't suppose his disqualification has anything to do with this does it…?!
    no, it's to do with the fact that he blocked Hushovd. He moved across before the barrier moved in, then held his line as it moved in. Hushovd had no chance.

samuri
    Free Member

Why is Hincapie annoyed? Did you not see? One of his team turned up in blue socks! Blue **** SOCKS!!! I'd be annoyed too.

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

According to Wiggo it was deliberate (the yellow jersey ting not the Cav sprint)

Bradley Wiggins in Besançon after today’s 14th stage of the 2009 Tour:

“We thought George had the jersey at one (point), then [Garmin team manager] Matt White said to start chasing at the end so they didn’t get it. Columbia were going off a bit and it all got a bit chaotic. There was pidgin German being spouted all over the place."

aracer
    Free Member

seems garmin chasing down yesterday played well for wiggins today!

I don't see how garmin chasing george down has anything to do with how well wiggins climbed.

grumm
    Free Member

Can anyone explain what the hell you are all talking about? I am interested in the TdF but have no idea about the tactics etc.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I found myself agreeing with Phil Liggett on Cavendish. Liggett reckoned the Commissaire took against the intention to block Hushovd (which did appear to be there from the line shots) and that counted against him while the helicopter shot by itself didn't show much deviation. Liggett also went on to say that the punishment was excessive, which I tend to agree with too.

Could AndyP,aracer or someone point me int he direction of the regulations that the Commissaires are working off. I can just about cope with the french at a push if there isn't a decent English version.

It's irrelevant to how fast he is and only natural in someone so preternaturally talented etc etc, but while Cavendish has managed to moderate his crowing when he wins we were treated to a full blast of sullen spoilt-child whining when he was disqualified. Suggesting that Hushovd could only beat him by using the rules to stop him cheating was particularly charming. Who in da green already beatch? 🙂

ChrisS
    Free Member

Doesn't change the fact that the commissaire came across as a complete arse, from what I remember the conversation with the C4 presenter was along the lines of:

"I have decided, Cavendish is disqualified"
    "Can they appeal?"
    "Yes"
    "What will happen then?"
    "They appeal to me and I won't change my mind"
    "So they can't appeal?"
    "No"

aracer
    Free Member

…all said with a very smug grin on his face.

Crell
    Free Member

The commissaire didn't do himself any favours did he with his arrogant stance and self assured smugness. I didn't think Cav would hold on to the green through the Alps, but the commissaire's decison has effectively killed any chance he had.

With the heli shots it's clear as Old Git says that Cav remained parallel with the left barrier, and the right hand side barrier swung in to the path of the riders.

Cav did come across like a spoilt child though which again hardly wins him any friends in the peloton. He could help himself a lot more.

As for Hincapie, great guy but he isn't owed a yellow. What galled me more about that was the response from Bruyneel pointing the fingers at the other teams.

Both subjects on my blog

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘so, explain to me why hincapie is so annoyed’ is closed to new replies.